Hancock is ace!!!

Just wanted to share what a great deal i had today, firstly i went to see hancock with my wife early afternoon and it was only £5.30 for the 2 of us:-) orange wednesdays. Brilliant film very impressed by it but i wont spoil anything for anyone. and then went to frankie and bennies for an early tea and used the lunch time menu even though it was nearly 5, so three courses each and unlimited soft drinks for £20 including £2 tip. fantastic value if you ask me. So if you want to be back before the kids bedtime, go out on a wednesday afternoon.

15 Comments

Supposidly the first half hour is great but then it gets rubbish

Original Poster

dandoc2;2440508

My wife thought that, the first half hour is a different genre of film, but i thought it still worked well.

We're going to see it tomorrow night .. looking forward to it

Glad ya liked it

Goes to check torrents

Can't wait to watch this.

Original Poster

snowtiger;2440565

We're going to see it tomorrow night .. looking forward to it

you should be it was very good, i would say i have quite a mainstream view when it comes to films. it was a good alternative to your regular super hero flik e.g superman returns. will deffinately be buying when it comes to dvd:thumbsup:

I like the bit where he says " A pint! That's nearly an armful. " :-D

Just come back from the cinema with the wife. Was really looking forward to this film and i have to admit the first half is much better. Overall it was a good film with some really funny moments but not as good as it could have been. still good fun.

Original Poster

john_mac83;2440605

Just come back from the cinema with the wife. Was really looking forward … Just come back from the cinema with the wife. Was really looking forward to this film and i have to admit the first half is much better. Overall it was a good film with some really funny moments but not as good as it could have been. still good fun.

It is always a good film when you laugh out loud in the cinema:-D

o goodie..... there have been negative reviews but good to hear that it aint as bad as the reviews are saying...

ps am jealous of ur fab day OP!

Original Poster

magicbeans;2440641

o goodie..... there have been negative reviews but good to hear that it … o goodie..... there have been negative reviews but good to hear that it aint as bad as the reviews are saying...ps am jealous of ur fab day OP!

Thankyou:thumbsup: you have to adjust when you have kiddies so a date with my darling wife now and then is always welcome:)

Saw this tonight.

I wasn't expecting a great movie after reading on IMDB. But i was suprised, it was actually quite good and entertaining.

Worth a watch. Although I was charged £6 to see it, and that was the "early bird" deal!

dandoc2;2440508

Hancocks half hour, no Sid James, No Kenneth Williams and no Tony Hancock. I was very disappointed.

Went to see it last night. Cinema was packed and I thought the film was class. Really funny.
Part that got most laughs was when Hancock said ' Man, you should sue McDonald's, they f**ked you up good' :P

Original Poster

Snare;2443439

Went to see it last night. Cinema was packed and I thought the film was … Went to see it last night. Cinema was packed and I thought the film was class. Really funny.Part that got most laughs was when Hancock said ' Man, you should sue McDonald's, they f**ked you up good' :P

We went for the 2 o clock showing and it was not even half full.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523394
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614053
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051
    4. What an absolute disgrace1943

See more discussions