hand gel

Posted 22nd Mar
Hi.

Anyone know where I can get 2-3 little hand gel so my family and I can have handy when we have to go out. Of course not ridiculously priced and not with delivery in a month. Can wait week or two if necessary.

Regards,
Dorota
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You and the rest of the world!
26 Comments
You and the rest of the world!
Maybe this going to help you? Get clean pure vinegar mix it with water 50/50 and use as a spray. This is a very good antibacterial. I have used this for year's to clean my house. Now making this for the family, as no way I can find a gel. There will be no smell at all. It will vapour instant.
I need to a little hand get that fit in my handbag or packet. I have plenty antibacterial stuff for the house. Thanks anyway.
doris7722/03/2020 19:10

I need to a little hand get that fit in my handbag or packet. I have …I need to a little hand get that fit in my handbag or packet. I have plenty antibacterial stuff for the house. Thanks anyway.

Unfortunately you are going to struggle to find it at a normal price. Almost everybody in the country is trying to find hand sanitizer gel at the moment, it's probably the most wanted thing in the world right now.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 22nd Mar
Good luck to you...why don’t you source vinyl gloves...will protect just the same as hand gel...I’m more worried with people coughing and not enough social distance than hand gel now!
Trukish shop next to Lidl Barking, guy on the counter sells them for £4.00 50ml
Was speaking to a guy in the US who works in an ethanol production plant. They are working 60 hour shifts. Don't see this being avaliable atleast for a decent price for a good while.
Can't see them going down in price unless it's made by carex etc which you find in supermarkets and/if you're lucky enough to get it before it sells out. A bigger issue is that gels aren't actually that effective unless they have 80% alcohol minimum. A bigger problem overall on the horizon is, however, the shortage of raw materials used to make both, medical grade sanitisers and gels.
Edited by: "iEimis" 22nd Mar
There was a deals post on here recently where hand gel appeared at Aldi for 42p.
May be worth keeping a check on.
IPA prices have more than doubled due to the demand for it.
If you can get the ingredients then you can make your own
who.int/gps…pdf

But the rest of the world is doing the same so prices will have risen
iEimis22/03/2020 19:55

Can't see them going down in price unless it's made by carex etc which you …Can't see them going down in price unless it's made by carex etc which you find in supermarkets and/if you're lucky enough to get it before it sells out. A bigger issue is that gels aren't actually that effective unless they have 80% alcohol minimum. A bigger problem overall on the horizon is, however, the shortage of raw materials used to make both, medical grade sanitisers and gels.

It’s at least 60% alcohol: cdc.gov/cor…tml
Edited by: "mds1256" 22nd Mar
All I've got is a tiny 50ml bottle I bought years ago. not seen any for sale since the hoarding started. Seems mad rushing around and going in crowded places in order to try to get something to help to slightly reduce the risk of getting the virus.

I have thought about brewing my own ethanol and setting up a little still to make my own stockpile! Otherwise I might resort to using up my IPA.
Mich8ll822/03/2020 19:15

Good luck to you...why don’t you source vinyl gloves...will protect just t …Good luck to you...why don’t you source vinyl gloves...will protect just the same as hand gel...I’m more worried with people coughing and not enough social distance than hand gel now!

Well said I'm more worried about the coughing and sneezing without covering.
We had a delivery in work (boots) on Friday and hand some in. Limited to one per person but you can still get it. We sell it behind the pharmacy counter out of sight. Also our local farm agricultural shop sells it.
Some gin distilleries have started making it. If you have one locally it may be worth dropping them an email
MR112322/03/2020 20:14

Well said I'm more worried about the coughing and sneezing without …Well said I'm more worried about the coughing and sneezing without covering.

Exactly....I’m past the “can’t find hand gel” conversation...wear a pair of gloves...it’s ignorant people who make me anxious as I can’t control who coughs and doesn’t cover...I can’t control how many people do not follow the guidelines and keep 2 metre distance from each other...all this was encountered just popping across the road to local shop which can’t be avoided when you need necessities!
MR112322/03/2020 20:14

Well said I'm more worried about the coughing and sneezing without …Well said I'm more worried about the coughing and sneezing without covering.

Yep, went to pick up some essentials the other day, I'm generally a fast walker and was coming up behind two people walking together blocking up the path to the supermarket and the guy was coughing his lungs up into the open air. I was holding my breath as best I could.
Vinegar is not effective as a disinfectant, especially to replace hand gel, even a quick google search will tell you so:
insider.com/doe…ses
weforum.org/age…th/
globalnews.ca/new…gar

1:1 vinegar mix takes about 30 mins to take effect even if it kill the type of bacteria or virus you want to kill, in comparison, 60% alcohol hand gels takes tens of seconds. If hand gels are really hard to find, a better solution will be to
1. Make it yourself. 99% alcohol is still expensive nowadays compared to their normal price, but still reasonable. Or
2. Carry a big water bottle and handwash and wash hands when you need (I am not joking).
Got this in my pocket right now.. good thing I bought this when I was a fish monger
40165757-bMEnM.jpg
I grabbed two Carex hand sanitizer at b&m .

Total luck as the girl was putting them
Out as I arrived
Haven't seen hand sanitiser anywhere for ages - I had a bottle I'd put away when walking my niece's dog (not so often now she's moved house) - a 50ml bottle from Lidl which cost about 47p or something at the time.

Hoping I see some soon, I sourced some pasta and baked beans yesterday (obviously I didn't bulk buy!) so things are looking up shopping-wise. I refuse to pay ten times the price!
Edited by: "louiselouise" 23rd Mar
My local Boots pharmacy had some. I picked up a couple, one for me and one for my husband. Try your local Boots early in the morning.
Check Superdrug website for stock in your local area, if available pop down before opening. There will normally be a queue but it’s the only way to get it for a decent price
benson88822/03/2020 19:03

Maybe this going to help you? Get clean pure vinegar mix it with water …Maybe this going to help you? Get clean pure vinegar mix it with water 50/50 and use as a spray. This is a very good antibacterial. I have used this for year's to clean my house. Now making this for the family, as no way I can find a gel. There will be no smell at all. It will vapour instant.

Covid-19 is a virus not a bacteria, you either need alcohol-based gel (more than 60% alcohol) or the vigourous rubbing action with soap and water.

Given current advice is not to go out except for a walk to exercise (unless you are NHS, police, fire or supermarket worker etc) then best advice now is to wash your hands as soon as you get back in the house, avoid touching surfaces and don't touch your face.
Mich8ll822/03/2020 19:15

Good luck to you...why don’t you source vinyl gloves...will protect just t …Good luck to you...why don’t you source vinyl gloves...will protect just the same as hand gel...I’m more worried with people coughing and not enough social distance than hand gel now!

Gloves will only help if you can avoid touching your face when wearing them. The outside of the gloves still gets dirty and can give a false sense of secuirity.

Far better is to avoid touching things when out for a walk and then washing hands when you get home.
jon81uk23/03/2020 09:39

Gloves will only help if you can avoid touching your face when wearing …Gloves will only help if you can avoid touching your face when wearing them. The outside of the gloves still gets dirty and can give a false sense of secuirity.Far better is to avoid touching things when out for a walk and then washing hands when you get home.

Yeah...I already know that but I make a point of not to touch my face etc when out at the moment...I even wash the gloves and my hands once home but I’m trying not to really go out now unless it’s for food as my 10 year old son is high risk as it is!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants