Hand held back massager during Pregnancy

Posted 6th Aug 2019
Hi all.

My wife is in her third trimester and has pain in her lower back and shoulders. She has been looking at hand held back massagers such as amazon.com/REN…VY4.

I have tried looking for recommendation about using these products during pregnancy but the advice (like most things) is quite contradictory.

I was wondering if anybody had any experience of using these sort of products during pregnancy or whether it was best to avoid them.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
How about a tens machine, safe to use why pregnant and great for back pain....
SOUTHWALES06/08/2019 18:03

How about a tens machine, safe to use why pregnant and great for back …How about a tens machine, safe to use why pregnant and great for back pain....

Thanks for the suggestion, she has a TENs machine and said it isn’t touching the pain.
The pain probably isn't muscular so neither ate s navies or a vibrating pad is likely to work. The tens machine inherits the pain 'signal'. The vibrating pad 'exercises the muscle. The pain is likely to be pressure from the pelvis moving and the internal organs (bowl particularly) being pushed around.
Contact the midwife for advice is the best bet.
Some kind of support may be more useful, especially as her shoulders are also involved in the pain? Or if the pain is that bad the midwife should be made aware
Edited by: "choccie32" 6th Aug 2019
I feel for her, it can get so uncomfortable at that stage. Has she looked at Maternity belts? They can help give support with her bump which in turn can help with back pain and posture. She could also look into physio, some surgeries/hospitals offer drop ins so she can self refer. There are also people qualified in pregnancy massage but I don’t know too much about that. Edited to add: I agree also with the pp, she should speak to her midwife if she hasn’t already just in case she needs some extra checks.
Edited by: "MiniMissyMoo" 6th Aug 2019
Can you not massage her with your hands? YouTube is your friend.
Thanks for all of your suggestions
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants