Hand Sanitiser - Best value for money?

Edited by:"Libertas"Found 3rd Oct 2017
Hello all,

Looking to source decent quality hand sanitiser - at a good price per ml.

I think the small pocket sized ones you get near tills in some supermarkets - are poor value.

Would welcome discussion on:

A) Understanding the differences in quality between named brands.

B) The limitations of hand sanitiser vs what most people think is possible.

C) Where to get hold of it at a fair price.

We keep a large German in the garden, and so we need hand sanitiser when we pick up after him - and take him for a walk.

My thanks to any willing to explore the topic and teach/learn/share knowledge on this.

Libertas.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

poundland, pick the one in the prettiest bottle

Soap and water is better than hand sanitizer. Would you trust a surgeon to remove your appendix if they had just used hand sanitizer?
thoughtco.com/han…517
Intruiged about the large German in the garden, does Angela Merkel know ?

psychobitchfromhell52 m ago

Intruiged about the large German in the garden, does Angela Merkel know ?

Could be a problem after Brexit !

Pandamansays9 m ago

Could be a problem after Brexit !

Gosh I never thought of that. Could spark an international incident.

You keep a large German in the garden?

Original Poster

nannafish28 m ago

Reparations

nannafish3 h, 8 m ago

Lots of people do these days, they're becoming quite popular, here's a photo of ours:

32169437-gSqMX.jpg

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell15 h, 18 m ago

Soap and water is better than hand sanitizer. Would you trust a surgeon to …Soap and water is better than hand sanitizer. Would you trust a surgeon to remove your appendix if they had just used hand sanitizer? https://www.thoughtco.com/hand-sanitizers-vs-soap-and-water-373517Intruiged about the large German in the garden, does Angela Merkel know ?

You're right about the soap aspect.

However they are still used extensively in hospitals / care home etc. So there is a place for them.

I need it primarily for when I take the German out for his walk. When outdoors - there are times when it's prudent to have some in the car or in the pocket e.g - When he dispenses a Bratwurst - (and as disgusting as it sounds) - 1 out of the 100 times you might get some on your hand (or slobber) etc.

Libertas45 m ago

You're right about the soap aspect.However they are still used extensively …You're right about the soap aspect.However they are still used extensively in hospitals / care home etc. So there is a place for them.I need it primarily for when I take the German out for his walk. When outdoors - there are times when it's prudent to have some in the car or in the pocket e.g - When he dispenses a Bratwurst - (and as disgusting as it sounds) - 1 out of the 100 times you might get some on your hand (or slobber) etc.

For situations like that surely the little ones you get would be the most convenient.

Original Poster

Very easy to dispense gel into a smaller one.

Bigger size - better value for money.

So in bringing this discussion back to focus:

A) Understanding the differences in quality between named brands.

B) The limitations of hand sanitiser vs what most people think is possible.

C) Where to get hold of it at a fair price.
Edited by: "Libertas" 4th Oct 2017

Libertas19 m ago

Very easy to dispense gel into a smaller one.Bigger size - better value …Very easy to dispense gel into a smaller one.Bigger size - better value for money.So in bringing this discussion back to focus:A) Understanding the differences in quality between named brands.B) The limitations of hand sanitiser vs what most people think is possible.C) Where to get hold of it at a fair price.

to be honest, there probably is not much difference and you're only using it on your hands after picking up dog poo, presumably and hopefully using a bag

personally I'd just go and buy the biggest bottle from b&m / homebargains etc and put it in to smaller bottles accordingly

you can probably buy a larger bottle on eBay, just pick the best selling

I don't think you're going to get serious replies on here, well as serious as you're hoping for anyway

dataload27 m ago

to be honest, there probably is not much difference and you're only using …to be honest, there probably is not much difference and you're only using it on your hands after picking up dog poo, presumably and hopefully using a bagpersonally I'd just go and buy the biggest bottle from b&m / homebargains etc and put it in to smaller bottles accordinglyyou can probably buy a larger bottle on eBay, just pick the best sellingI don't think you're going to get serious replies on here, well as serious as you're hoping for anyway

They all claim to kill 99.99999999% of germs so why anyone buys named brands is beyond me. People get so tied up in this brand name stuff but mostly its just a marketing ploy

Buy a pooper scooper and fling it in the neighbours garden.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions