Hand sanitiser. Have you seen people using it.

Posted 17th Mar
Where the hell are people who bought up all the hand sanitiser using it.?

I have literally only seen a few till staff in shops and when out and about using it. Surely if you have bought the stuff you use it when out shopping, handling trolleys and hand baskets etc. Or in public places like after handling money etc. Before eating and so on.
Community Updates
Ask
25 Comments
Maybe they flogging it, people paying silly prices on ebay!!!

OR not many people have it!!! (after scalpers nabbed it)
I've always used to criticize people for being dirty and not washing their hands, but now I have the feeling they do not know how to use the cleaning products :)) Logically, if you are in your own house you don't have to clean your hands every second for the fear of contracting the virus. It may sound weird, but I think people are so afraid of the current situation that they cling on everything they hope will help them to survive.
Not seen anyone using it in public. Guess they are using it at home as normal handwash doesn't kill the virus, whereas the sanitiser is supposed to do so.
I religiously now carry a 30ml bottle in my hand so it’s quicker to use and not misplaced or lost due to a shortage of not being able to easily buy some..I have always carried one in bag when out in public places..now it’s in my hands for peace of mind.
Aslong as the sanitiser is 60% alcohol and over..it will kill the virus.
Washing up liquid is the best source to use when washing hands at home as thie virus is meant to leave a layer on the palm of hands and whatever is in the washing up liquid is most effective to kill the layer off.
I had to research into what was best and most effective for washing hands and keeping them virus free at all times when you are a food handler..just last week new rules and regulations were being put in place or old one’s were changing slightly which all food handlers had to adhere to and be extra vigilant with hygiene and safety for all customers and staff members.
If it wasn’t for the nature of my job...I would be none the wiser to washing up liquid being effective!
Sorry if I’m boring you..usually sleeping at this time but wide awake(shock)
Excuse the pun but maybe they don’t want to rub it in that they have it or risk being asked for some or questioned as to where they got it from etc? I have always used hand sanitiser so already had some before this started but I’m being a lot more discreet whilst using it in public now. At a McDonald’s on Saturday two guys in their early 20’s were almost showing off when using it, it was cringe, I felt like saying “yeah ok we get it, you’ve got hand sanitiser.”
Edited by: "MiniMissyMoo" 18th Mar
I use it when I come off a bus, out a shop, after using an ATM machine, etc, if I know I'm not going to be home for a while (wash my hands when I get home too). I use it so quickly people probably don't notice.

Could do with more but haven't seen hand sanitiser in the shops for at least the last 10 days.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 18th Mar
I saw a woman in a Tesco mobile store a week ago.

Putting it on her hands & her children's hands.
mutley117/03/2020 23:33

Not seen anyone using it in public. Guess they are using it at home as …Not seen anyone using it in public. Guess they are using it at home as normal handwash doesn't kill the virus, whereas the sanitiser is supposed to do so.

Walking around Leeds White Rose a couple of weeks ago I’d never seen so many people actively using hand sanitizer whilst out shopping, it was insane
I've seen loads (50+) using them in public. I went bowling on Saturday and after every ball was rolled the family next to our lane had a pump of the cleaning stuff
I’ve seen people using it going into supermarkets
TobyZ17/03/2020 22:40

I've always used to criticize people for being dirty and not washing their …I've always used to criticize people for being dirty and not washing their hands, but now I have the feeling they do not know how to use the cleaning products :)) Logically, if you are in your own house you don't have to clean your hands every second for the fear of contracting the virus. It may sound weird, but I think people are so afraid of the current situation that they cling on everything they hope will help them to survive.

If they dont wash their own hamds, just eww and if they dont know how they should go back to Nursery, i thought i was dumb but imagine being an adult and still learning basic hygiene
darlodge18/03/2020 07:10

I've seen loads (50+) using them in public. I went bowling on Saturday and …I've seen loads (50+) using them in public. I went bowling on Saturday and after every ball was rolled the family next to our lane had a pump of the cleaning stuff

Thats excessive
joeydeacon18/03/2020 06:00

Walking around Leeds White Rose a couple of weeks ago I’d never seen so m …Walking around Leeds White Rose a couple of weeks ago I’d never seen so many people actively using hand sanitizer whilst out shopping, it was insane

They probably should have been doing it anyway woth the amount of germs of door handlee, atms, money, shelf checkout
Edited by: "Norseg" 18th Mar
I am not using it. If I go out shopping, I wash my hands as soon as I get home. If I go to my office, I wash as soon as I get there, then a couple of times during the day.
MiniMissyMoo18/03/2020 01:02

Excuse the pun but maybe they don’t want to rub it in that they have it or …Excuse the pun but maybe they don’t want to rub it in that they have it or risk being asked for some or questioned as to where they got it from etc? I have always used hand sanitiser so already had some before this started but I’m being a lot more discreet whilst using it in public now. At a McDonald’s on Saturday two guys in their early 20’s were almost showing off when using it, it was cringe, I felt like saying “yeah ok we get it, you’ve got hand sanitiser.”

Same now i feel like a **** when im using it in public, Anxiety doesnt help
Not a single one using it in my busy local, great mix of young and old as always.

I've not noticed any customers using it during my work day as a plumber. I have now begun adding an idiot tax to bills if I spot people are hoarding unnecessarily
Norseg18/03/2020 07:40

Thats excessive

I laughed and then touched every ball trying to find the one I wanted 😁

I'd say adults are quite aware of what they're doing but kids just don't put two and two together so I'm certain if I catch it, it will be via my own little germ factory.
darlodge18/03/2020 07:10

I've seen loads (50+) using them in public. I went bowling on Saturday and …I've seen loads (50+) using them in public. I went bowling on Saturday and after every ball was rolled the family next to our lane had a pump of the cleaning stuff

You just reminded me of a post I seen yesterday
40129281-Oe8LG.jpg
Many here who are from East Asia use them regularly when out. Going through 3 major virus outbreaks kinda does make others more cautious
darlodge18/03/2020 07:43

I laughed and then touched every ball trying to find the one I wanted … I laughed and then touched every ball trying to find the one I wanted 😁I'd say adults are quite aware of what they're doing but kids just don't put two and two together so I'm certain if I catch it, it will be via my own little germ factory.

Should have started Coughing
themorgatron18/03/2020 07:43

Not a single one using it in my busy local, great mix of young and old as …Not a single one using it in my busy local, great mix of young and old as always. I've not noticed any customers using it during my work day as a plumber. I have now begun adding an idiot tax to bills if I spot people are hoarding unnecessarily

I hope that last statement is tongue in cheek. 2 wrong don't make a right, as they say.
I sit next to two people who use the stuff multiple times per day - one of them doesn't seem to have any other clean habits (brings in dirt of his shoes daily, Jackets that look like they haven't been washed in a very long time etc...
I stop using trolley or basket.
I put the stuff directly into shopping bag and take it out again at till
2019 you was cool with the new I phone in your hand

2020 even cooler if you have a 30ml hand sanitizer
Edited by: "ashmac" 19th Mar
Cisco06060618/03/2020 18:33

I stop using trolley or basket.I put the stuff directly into shopping bag …I stop using trolley or basket.I put the stuff directly into shopping bag and take it out again at till

I'd be suspicious of security etc. being suspicious of me!

Used 'shop n go' before this virus, handy though funny packing, before payment
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants