Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

handheld games console help ideas? not switch.

Posted 5th Dec 2019
i need two cheap little handheld games console for xmas any idea on what one not a switch. thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Nintendo 2DS or a used 3DS. Any reason though why don't want a Switch?
your existing mobile phone.

Get a gaming controller.
There isn't really much else available. iPad or similar, Switch or a DS.

There were some deals on here for a new 2DS XL recently for £95. Second hand will be cheaper.
Look at what games are available and then decide whether DS, Switch lite or some kind of tablet would be best.
Only thing I can think of is the handheld Sega mega drive consoles - but nothing else other than that
Unless you got a refurbished Vita or PSP?
i was looking at the blag psps. there only 4 and 6 so dont wanna spend much
One of the many Chinese handheld clones that come preloaded with 1000s of retro console games?
I have a vita, you’d only get one second hand. Games are becoming harder to source. This is my choice for me, but my nephews prefer their ds, which I would recommend for children.

DS range aren’t too costly brand new, and loads of games.
Edited by: "choccie32" 5th Dec 2019
3ds or 2ds are basically the only option and Nintendo are a lot more family orientated and a better choice than something like the psp. Can get the for £50 new sometimes or £20ish second hand.
3ds or 2ds are basically the only option and Nintendo are a lot more family orientated and a better choice than something like the psp. Can get the for £50 new sometimes or £20ish second hand.
dcx_badass05/12/2019 12:06

3ds or 2ds are basically the only option and Nintendo are a lot more …3ds or 2ds are basically the only option and Nintendo are a lot more family orientated and a better choice than something like the psp. Can get the for £50 new sometimes or £20ish second hand.

Not sure where you've got those prices from. You'll be looking at £80 for a 2DS brand new, £100 for a New 2DS brand new when offers are on, and from around £35 for a used 2DS, though you need to factor in for a charger as used ones often do not include them.
kevlfc05/12/2019 11:26

i was looking at the blag psps.

What does that mean?
Haircut_10005/12/2019 12:22

Not sure where you've got those prices from. You'll be looking at £80 for …Not sure where you've got those prices from. You'll be looking at £80 for a 2DS brand new, £100 for a New 2DS brand new when offers are on, and from around £35 for a used 2DS, though you need to factor in for a charger as used ones often do not include them.

Because I've bought a 2ds for £50 with Mario kart from a deal on here and I've bought two used 3ds's for £20 with a few games on Facebook marketplace. Not just random prices I made up. They also start at £25 at cash converters now depending on area.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 5th Dec 2019
OP my nephews had ds from the same ages so I would definitely go with those. To be honest though there’s not really a great deal of choice.
Edited by: "choccie32" 5th Dec 2019
thanks looking into it for price etc ill try the dodgy ebay ones with 1000 games
Haircut_10005/12/2019 12:22

Not sure where you've got those prices from. You'll be looking at £80 for …Not sure where you've got those prices from. You'll be looking at £80 for a 2DS brand new, £100 for a New 2DS brand new when offers are on, and from around £35 for a used 2DS, though you need to factor in for a charger as used ones often do not include them.

Picked up 4 Nintendo 'new' 3DS from cash converters myself for £30-40. For example this one I managed to get £5 off for £30. imgur.com/a/R…jJt you got to know what to lookout for.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 5th Dec 2019
how much are games
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions