Handheld vacuum

Found 23rd Apr 2017
Looking for some advice on getting a handheld vacuum , main uses would be quick clean ups in bedroom , landing and stairs (all carpet ) and general dusting purposes.

Was looking at the Gtech multi and the dyson v6 but just got confused as dyson has so many different versions I and some the Gtech is better but then others say no Dyson is

Looking at between £100-150 but willing to wait for some sales over the next few months if any

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

12 Comments

Couldn't speak for gtech but the v6 is brilliant for the small jobs. Had mine a year now and battery is fading can't quite clean car on a full charge

Original Poster

buckham_uk

Couldn't speak for gtech but the v6 is brilliant for the small jobs. Had … Couldn't speak for gtech but the v6 is brilliant for the small jobs. Had mine a year now and battery is fading can't quite clean car on a full charge

​Which version did you get?

Just replaced my black and decker dust buster flex with the new version. Very pleased with the upgrade although the styling may not be for all.

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell

Just replaced my black and decker dust buster flex with the new version. … Just replaced my black and decker dust buster flex with the new version. Very pleased with the upgrade although the styling may not be for all.

​I used to have a black and decker dustbuster , not sure which version but I found the suction to be awful and the battery definitely started to fade after a few months, that's why I'm willing to spend a fair bit more than the black & decker ones .

The flex one sounds good (looked on amazon) but doesn't really appeal to me

Could anyone recommend a small, powerful and mains powered version please?

hotukdeals.com/dea…986

Bought this one from the dyson outlet. Comes with a range of useful tools. And even though it was a refurb, the condition was perfect. I think i even paid a little more than this, and i would defo recommend at this price point. Ideal for small jobs, daily run around. Couldn't believe the amount of dust it picked up on its first go- after having a henry for years made me realise how little it was picking up.

clonereeco

Which version did you get?

Don't get the G-Tech one. Had it for a few years now. It's rubbish. Didn't see till after that it got a bad Which? review also.

shepademus

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dyson-v6-cordless-refurbished-from-dyson-30-off-139-99-dyson-ebay-outlet-2663986Bought this one from the dyson outlet. Comes with a range of useful tools. And even though it was a refurb, the condition was perfect. I think i even paid a little more than this, and i would defo recommend at this price point. Ideal for small jobs, daily run around. Couldn't believe the amount of dust it picked up on its first go- after having a henry for years made me realise how little it was picking up.

Did you regularly clean the Henry?

3guesses

Did you regularly clean the Henry?

We did the same. Wife swore by the Henry until I convinced her that you need to vibrate the carpet to get the dust out. Henry is a great product, great on hard floors and multi-functional, but I wouldn't vacuum carpets with one.

Original Poster

I've been keeping my eye on that deal and I must say I am very tempted , a bit weary that it's refurbished but everyone there is saying it looks brand new so might give it a punt

My main vacuum is the Henry which I use for carpets upstairs and the hard floors downstairs , it's a pain to do the stairs which is why I want this along with using it for quick jobs and dusting

Seems the Gtech isn't what I thought

clonereeco

I've been keeping my eye on that deal and I must say I am very tempted , … I've been keeping my eye on that deal and I must say I am very tempted , a bit weary that it's refurbished but everyone there is saying it looks brand new so might give it a puntMy main vacuum is the Henry which I use for carpets upstairs and the hard floors downstairs , it's a pain to do the stairs which is why I want this along with using it for quick jobs and dusting Seems the Gtech isn't what I thought

Absolutely the same situation, henry was a nightmare to get up the stairs and was a bit to clumsy to pull around on carpet. Can't recommend the V6 enough for what you intend it for, it will be a great addition! The wall charger is brill and all of the animal attachments are useful, especially the motorised small brush.

My refurb was immaculate, parts were all still sealed, and the main vacuum part seemed to have been tested before but otherwise in perfect condition. Only thing is it comes in a brown dyson box rather than the normal printed box, other than that it was very well packaged and included all documentation and the 1 year guarantee.

Did read a little on the Gtech, but sounded like it was a floor cleaner rather than a vacuum, relying on the brush to gather dust rather than a motorised vacuum... so went with the dyson.

Original Poster

shepademus

Absolutely the same situation, henry was a nightmare to get up the stairs … Absolutely the same situation, henry was a nightmare to get up the stairs and was a bit to clumsy to pull around on carpet. Can't recommend the V6 enough for what you intend it for, it will be a great addition! The wall charger is brill and all of the animal attachments are useful, especially the motorised small brush.My refurb was immaculate, parts were all still sealed, and the main vacuum part seemed to have been tested before but otherwise in perfect condition. Only thing is it comes in a brown dyson box rather than the normal printed box, other than that it was very well packaged and included all documentation and the 1 year guarantee.Did read a little on the Gtech, but sounded like it was a floor cleaner rather than a vacuum, relying on the brush to gather dust rather than a motorised vacuum... so went with the dyson.

Thank you for your answer, you have definitely convinced me , will be shopping around on Friday when I get paid for the v6 ( seen some good deals on here recently, especially the refurb one)

Many thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text