Handing Out Leaflets For Corner Shop

43 replies
Found 30th Oct 2009
Hi, me and 2 friends are handing out leaflets for the local corner shop. He wants 1000 handing out. so that would mean 333 for each person. I've worked out that if we deliver 5 leaflets a minute that would be 300 leaflets each in an hour. I thought of £20 between the 3 of us which is about £6.50 each. Is this too much, how much is too much and how much is getting ripped off by the employer?

:-)

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
42 Comments

It doesn't seem unreasonable, how much is he offering you?

Original Poster

civms47;6734562

It doesn't seem unreasonable, how much is he offering you?

He says we will work out the money when we go down there, and we are setting off about 2. But this is the first job i have done so i am oblivious to prices...

If you reckon it'll take you an hour, maybe ask for a tenner each?

From his point of view, having 1000 leaflets handed out for £20 is a good deal. Squeeze him for more. Ask for a larger amount and he can haggle you down if he's not happy with it.

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;6734574

If you reckon it'll take you an hour, maybe ask for a tenner each?From … If you reckon it'll take you an hour, maybe ask for a tenner each?From his point of view, having 1000 leaflets handed out for £20 is a good deal. Squeeze him for more. Ask for a larger amount and he can haggle you down if he's not happy with it.

Well i did first think of £10, but don't people in normal jobs get abotu £6 an hour? I know my local sandwich shop, the workers there get £5.80 an hour...

Id ask for £10 each

he should be happy with 1000 leaflets handed out for £30

2p a leaflet isn't too bad at all, I think thats a fairly low-typical price. You reckon you can deliver on average 5 a minute though? That sounds quite fast to me (okay when your near flats/a terrace but if its a estate with gardens and gates etc. it will take longer...)

Original Poster

jah128;6734586

2p a leaflet isn't too bad at all, I think thats a fairly low-typical … 2p a leaflet isn't too bad at all, I think thats a fairly low-typical price. You reckon you can deliver on average 5 a minute though? That sounds quite fast to me (okay when your near flats/a terrace but if its a estate with gardens and gates etc. it will take longer...)

Yer, it is fast but i wanted it a round number, maybe 4 a minute.

I paid someone 60quid to deliver flyers. That was actually walking around streets posting flyers through 1.8k doors..

Leaflet drops (done by agencies) usually cost about £15 per 1,000 (but would probably be looking at doing upwards of 5k), so I'd say £20 for the three of you was fair.

is its for a local corner shop you may only get a fiver each if its only an hours work....which is about right and inline with minimum wage for under 18's

Watch your fingers as you shove them through the letterbox - especially if your hear growling:)

Original Poster

so we are looking at somewhere between £5-£10?

If i start at £10 and if he's not happy we will haggle down and go to £5? If its less than £5 each its a rip off?

borolad94;6734691

so we are looking at somewhere between £5-£10?If i start at £10 and if he … so we are looking at somewhere between £5-£10?If i start at £10 and if he's not happy we will haggle down and go to £5? If its less than £5 each its a rip off?

not worth if for less than a fiver each

shud get 25 quid easiley

Original Poster

mono2k6;6734737

shud get 25 quid easiley

between us i am guessing? not each?

borolad94;6734745

between us i am guessing? not each?

yeah, also out of intrest witch corner shop is it?

Original Poster

mono2k6;6734765

yeah, also out of intrest witch corner shop is it?

not in Boro, its in durham....

You arent able to claim minimum wage for this but you can consider it as an equivalent rate :

"What are the current rates of the national minimum wage?
There are three levels of minimum wage, and the rates from 1 October 2009 are:

£5.80 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older
a development rate of £4.83 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive
£3.57 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age"

bit of a treck aint it?

Original Poster

mono2k6;6734777

bit of a treck aint it?

Who said i lived in Boro like?

the name borolad i geuss lol

Original Poster

mono2k6;6734788

the name borolad i geuss lol

Just my team, not my location :thumbsup:

ClarityofMind;6734775

You arent able to claim minimum wage for this but you can consider it as … You arent able to claim minimum wage for this but you can consider it as an equivalent rate :"What are the current rates of the national minimum wage?There are three levels of minimum wage, and the rates from 1 October 2009 are:£5.80 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older a development rate of £4.83 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive £3.57 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age"

hes only 13 AFAIK, no point haggling too much, because the shop owner will easily find someone else to do it for the same price, so the op should either take it or stuff it.

alright fair

If you do end up doing the job, a tip for you, take a wooden spoon and fold each leaflet in half over end of spoon just before shoving through letterbox, much quicker and stops your fingers getting attacked by dogs, seriously try it, you will be surprised that its really good.

In Durham City or villages? In the city I'd want more, too many hills/big houses and stupid faux-Victorian letterboxes. In a terraced pit-village you can drop them pretty quick.

Looking at other forums 100-150 a hour is a typical rate so you are probably looking at least at 2 hrs work each - so I'd ask for a tenner each/£30!

Original Poster

jah128;6734830

In Durham City or villages? In the city I'd want more, too many … In Durham City or villages? In the city I'd want more, too many hills/big houses and stupid faux-Victorian letterboxes. In a terraced pit-village you can drop them pretty quick.Looking at other forums 100-150 a hour is a typical rate so you are probably looking at least at 2 hrs work each - so I'd ask for a tenner each/£30!

Not actually in Durham inthe centre of Durham, just my county, just said that incase of stalkers :? Went for £5, taking a break on handing them out. Will try and get more when i get back to the shop...

borolad94;6735273

Not actually in Durham inthe centre of Durham, just my county, just said … Not actually in Durham inthe centre of Durham, just my county, just said that incase of stalkers :? Went for £5, taking a break on handing them out. Will try and get more when i get back to the shop...

Understandable :thumbsup:

Reckon you might have shorted-changed yourself a bit but you'll know how long it takes for next time - terraced streets are a breeze but the posher areas aren't

Original Poster

jah128;6735332

Understandable :thumbsup:Reckon you might have shorted-changed yourself a … Understandable :thumbsup:Reckon you might have shorted-changed yourself a bit but you'll know how long it takes for next time - terraced streets are a breeze but the posher areas aren't

Theres actually only 750, so only got £5 each. Just worked out it is 2p a leaflet, which you said earlier, isn't bad. 750/15 = 50

handing 250 out each = £1 for every 50, which is 2p for every one.

Banned

Do it for free and feel good about helping small business

Original Poster

Well after all that. Worked 2 hours handing out approx 215 leaflets and got £7. The girls who i was this only did 125 each and got £5. So feel abit cheated....

Original Poster

If i look back at the OP though, it actually seems quite good, i handed out just more than half i thought i was and got 50p more than i said in the OP...

borolad94;6736138

Well after all that. Worked 2 hours handing out approx 215 leaflets and … Well after all that. Worked 2 hours handing out approx 215 leaflets and got £7. The girls who i was this only did 125 each and got £5. So feel abit cheated....

7 quid better off than u were thi morning.

That's a result in my book.

Plus today you learnt the value of that £7, as a Mummy I'd be really proud of you for that and embarrass you silly x

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6736484

7 quid better off than u were thi morning. That's a result in my book. … 7 quid better off than u were thi morning. That's a result in my book. Plus today you learnt the value of that £7, as a Mummy I'd be really proud of you for that and embarrass you silly x

Well its going to be spent tonight :-D Halloween PARTY!

ClarityofMind;6736484

7 quid better off than u were thi morning. That's a result in my book. … 7 quid better off than u were thi morning. That's a result in my book. Plus today you learnt the value of that £7, as a Mummy I'd be really proud of you for that and embarrass you silly x

lmao

borolad94;6736502

Well its going to be spent tonight :-D Halloween PARTY!

YAY! Enjoy your party... and remember to ignore anyone who'd try to ruin it for you x

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6736568

YAY! Enjoy your party... and remember to ignore anyone who'd try to ruin … YAY! Enjoy your party... and remember to ignore anyone who'd try to ruin it for you x

On here or in 'the real world' ???

borolad94;6736572

On here or in 'the real world' ???

Precisely ;-):-D:thumbsup:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6736791

Precisely ;-):-D:thumbsup:

:?

borolad94;6736809

:?

it means yes both...............lol
Post a comment