Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Hanging a 75 inch tv on plaster wall

Posted 7th Feb
Have a plaster wall, staircase is behind it, wanting to hang a 75 inch tv, anyone help please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
12 Comments
Surely with the size of a 75 inch television there will be a stud at some point where you want to hang it? I think the standard spacing is 400mm/600mm. Buy a stud detector and see, then fit the bracket to these with long wood screws.
666FU07/02/2020 06:00

Surely with the size of a 75 inch television there will be a stud at some …Surely with the size of a 75 inch television there will be a stud at some point where you want to hang it? I think the standard spacing is 400mm/600mm. Buy a stud detector and see, then fit the bracket to these with long wood screws.

Any link for stud detector please
unknown.07/02/2020 06:23

You're asking for trouble now.
unknown.07/02/2020 06:23

Stud detectors are useless, do not trust them. Safest way would be cutting holes out for where the bracket fixings would be going and fixing 18mm ply in there. Then replasterboarding. Studs normally sit 400 wide so could be lucky and get a bracket that would get fixings into 2 studs
ConnorMcfadden07/02/2020 06:36

Stud detectors are useless, do not trust them. Safest way would be cutting …Stud detectors are useless, do not trust them. Safest way would be cutting holes out for where the bracket fixings would be going and fixing 18mm ply in there. Then replasterboarding. Studs normally sit 400 wide so could be lucky and get a bracket that would get fixings into 2 studs

Thankyou
ConnorMcfadden07/02/2020 06:36

Stud detectors are useless, do not trust them. Safest way would be cutting …Stud detectors are useless, do not trust them. Safest way would be cutting holes out for where the bracket fixings would be going and fixing 18mm ply in there. Then replasterboarding. Studs normally sit 400 wide so could be lucky and get a bracket that would get fixings into 2 studs

He wants to hang his television not remodel his house! Use a stud detector to see where a stud might be, drill into this and if you hit wood you are in the right place, if not try again (polyfil any small holes, much easier than get a plasterer in).

OP just Google wall stud detectors they should be under £20
666FU07/02/2020 07:18

He wants to hang his television not remodel his house! Use a stud detector …He wants to hang his television not remodel his house! Use a stud detector to see where a stud might be, drill into this and if you hit wood you are in the right place, if not try again (polyfil any small holes, much easier than get a plasterer in). OP just Google wall stud detectors they should be under £20

Clearly have trouble reading, “safest way”. Yes you could do this, but risking probably £1000+ worth of tv on a £20 piece of equipment that may give false readings and could be pointing a pipe out in the wall then go ahead
if you have to ask for a link for a stud detector, I sincerely have to query your ability to hang a tv.
Mr_Gus07/02/2020 08:29

if you have to ask for a link for a stud detector, I sincerely have to …if you have to ask for a link for a stud detector, I sincerely have to query your ability to hang a tv.

Didn’t know what one was, never heard off so thought would help so don’t judge!
My kid did this for a cub badge, seriously.

I'm not referring to the fact you didn't know what a stud detector was so much as your inability to use an internet search in general, wiki-how for example, or how to hang a "whatever" on a wall a-la the still relevant readers digest big book of DIY, just as relevant today as back in the day.

Was not "judging" just somewhat incredulous that with all the info at folks fingertips they still regularly need leading to stuff, youtube, diy proliferates (for instance) if you have trouble reading & need it on a visual basis, (results vary) but some good tradesman demo's out there.
OP you might want to tidy up the "asks" you have made then, as it appears unlikely that you'll need the other 3 ? threads on gloss / made to order tv stands etc... (please expire if not relevant any more).
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 7th Feb
Make sure you get a good bracket for 75 size.
Be careful as on ebay many claiming to be good say "Fit any screen 37 - 80"... id avoid those ones.
I got the Brateck LP37-69F its designed to fit any 60"-100" TVs up to 100kg
Its alot bigger and sturdy than most claiming to be fit for 75" see here and clips in with ease
Edited by: "Sandy1012" 7th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants