Expired

Hanging a Christmas Wreath on a UPVC door

Found 7th Dec 2013
Nearly time to get the decorations up! does anyone hang a wreath on a UPVC door? What do you do? i have seen hooks that go over the door and suction cups.... are either any good? (i have a big glass panel in the middle of my UPVC door so no knocker or anything to hang from)
Community Updates
AskDoor
42 Comments
Command Hooks or similar work well ( example: staples.co.uk/fur…ook )

Should be able to buy them in most supermarkets and DIY shops
Edited by: "Holly1985" 7th Dec 2013
go for the tried and tested. Six inch nail and lump hammer (_;)
suction cup hook maybe
A bit of no more nails should do it.
Failing that, try some nails.
hopped

suction cup hook maybe

Don't work. I tried this afternoon X) Mine's inside now.
Holly1985

Command Hooks or similar work well ( example: … Command Hooks or similar work well ( example: http://www.staples.co.uk/furniture-chairs-cabinets/hangers-racks-mounts-frames/coat-racks-hangers/medium-designer-hook )Should be able to buy them in most supermarkets and DIY shops

I had a thought of these just as i made the post!
Do they work as well as advertised? would they stand up to being outside?
God these are a nightmare, I feel your pain X)
omg wouldn't dream of hanging my wreath outside with the scallies that live by me LOL
they didn't ave upvc in nazerath ,

get things in perspective
Jetpac

I had a thought of these just as i made the post!Do they work as well as … I had a thought of these just as i made the post!Do they work as well as advertised? would they stand up to being outside?

As long as you buy one big enough to hold your wreath, it should be fine, I have used them before but our door was sheltered from most of the bad weather. They are pretty cheap so definitely worth a try in my opinion
I tied mine to my knockers
Clip a dog lead to it and throw the looped end over the door and secure with sellotape.
teh arn

I would imagine that gets in the way of everyday life.

Well I thought that solution was obvious.
daturastorm

PROOF!!
hopped

suction cup hook maybe

the optimist

busted

the pessimist

maccy1

the sympathetic one

mclovin9091

Clip a dog lead to it and throw the looped end over the door and secure … Clip a dog lead to it and throw the looped end over the door and secure with sellotape.

the eccentric
[img]ukcw.e2ecdn.co.uk/Pro…jpg?w=600&h=600&quality=80[/img]
Edited by: "Discente" 7th Dec 2013
hopped

suction cup hook maybe

busted

maccy1

mclovin9091

Clip a dog lead to it and throw the looped end over the door and secure … Clip a dog lead to it and throw the looped end over the door and secure with sellotape.

daturastorm

The painful one? X)
Boogie83e

hopped

suction cup hook maybe

busted

maccy1

mclovin9091

LOL, works for me
maccy1

Boogie83e

I see you are missing a flamedeer boogie, which makes my comment invalid now in another thread X)
Edited by: "maccy1" 7th Dec 2013
Just put a screw in the door and hang it on that, obviously.
Edited by: "rdtorres" 7th Dec 2013
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43633636.jpg
Edited by: "transit" 7th Dec 2013
Magnets!;)
Remember to post pics of any wreath you may hang in that Christmas decorations thread some cool member on here made.
Toecutter

Magnets!;)

Yeah bi*CH!
rdtorres

Remember to post pics of any wreath you may hang in that Christmas … Remember to post pics of any wreath you may hang in that Christmas decorations thread some cool member on here made.

I would post a pic of the one on my knocker if I knew how. They have to be uploaded elsewhere don't they?
daturastorm

I would post a pic of the one on my knocker if I knew how. They have to … I would post a pic of the one on my knocker if I knew how. They have to be uploaded elsewhere don't they?

Are you sure they're appropriate for a family site?
rdtorres

Are you sure they're appropriate for a family site?

There's a bow on it?
I used bluetack last year X)
daturastorm

I would post a pic of the one on my knocker if I knew how. They have to … I would post a pic of the one on my knocker if I knew how. They have to be uploaded elsewhere don't they?

They need to be posted in the thread below, and its for charity.

hotukdeals.com/mis…678
Toecutter

Magnets!;)

Great kitchens , crap doors
Total first world problem.
However one i would love to solve!

I will give the command hooks a go first, i am concerned about the over the door hangers and damaging the door seal.
daturastorm

thats what i do
Tie a length of ribbon to the wreath. Take it over the door and tape to the inside of the door with some duct tape. Job done.
Use long length of string
Ensure it goes up the one side ,fully across the top of the door and back across from the other side
By making sure it catches on the two top edges it won't come off
Simples
transit

I don't know if you've only just learnt about memes, but you don't need to put "first world problems" at the top, that it the first world problem meme.

You can buy a metal hook that hooks inside at the door at the top. it looks like the tool you use for clicking wooden flooring in place.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants