Hanging Decorations indoors

Posted 12th Dec 2019
Hi all, in need of some product advice please. I’m hosting a party at home this weekend for my daughter, it’s her first birthday party. I’ve brought some decorations and some of which will need sticking to the walls. What can I use to stick decorations to the walls that won’t leave a mark or peel off paint/wallpaper etc?? Any decent products out there that don’t cost a small fortune? Many thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Blue tack
sth like this maybe:

3M Command Damage-Free Medium Picture Hanging Strips 17201-ES amazon.co.uk/dp/…8S0
3M command "no damage" hanging doobries! Not especially cheap but they do do what they say. Go up and come off again with no visable sign or damage. You can get a pack of several tiny 'dots' that would do the job.
spamabsorbed12/12/2019 19:15

sth like this maybe:3M Command Damage-Free Medium Picture Hanging Strips …sth like this maybe:3M Command Damage-Free Medium Picture Hanging Strips 17201-ES https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R8W6FGJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TeP8DbTJMZ8S0

Not sure you'd need anything that big to be fair. These would do:
amazon.co.uk/COM…F7K

Definitely cheaper if you shop around, like Tesco / Wilko / QD / etc. I've seen some 'copy' versions too in the likes of Homebase.
Phsycronix12/12/2019 19:19

Not sure you'd need anything that big to be fair. These would …Not sure you'd need anything that big to be fair. These would do:https://www.amazon.co.uk/COMMAND-CHRISTMAS-FAIRY-ADHESIVE-STRIPS/dp/B0187TC47C/ref=pd_sbs_60_2/260-6361260-9142438?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0187TC47C&pd_rd_r=78695f77-422d-4adf-9c04-eb419dfb4ca3&pd_rd_w=96bOD&pd_rd_wg=7DYws&pf_rd_p=f4a31d1d-8f61-48f5-b6f4-a22ba06df575&pf_rd_r=KQC63KFNQJCKJY6WKF7K&psc=1&refRID=KQC63KFNQJCKJY6WKF7KDefinitely cheaper if you shop around, like Tesco / Wilko / QD / etc. I've seen some 'copy' versions too in the likes of Homebase.

I was just pointing direction obviously it depends what needs to be hung. I've had them in the past and they came clean
spamabsorbed12/12/2019 19:27

I was just pointing direction obviously it depends what needs to be …I was just pointing direction obviously it depends what needs to be hung. I've had them in the past and they came clean

Yes, I find them to be excellent. I've even got frying pans hung in the kitchen (big 24" one!) and they've never budged! Not sure how good the cheaper 'copies' are but I'll always recommend the 3M ones.
spamabsorbed12/12/2019 19:15

sth like this maybe:3M Command Damage-Free Medium Picture Hanging Strips …sth like this maybe:3M Command Damage-Free Medium Picture Hanging Strips 17201-ES https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R8W6FGJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TeP8DbTJMZ8S0

Thank you, sorry for the late reply, these were just perfect for the job!
Phsycronix12/12/2019 19:34

Yes, I find them to be excellent. I've even got frying pans hung in the …Yes, I find them to be excellent. I've even got frying pans hung in the kitchen (big 24" one!) and they've never budged! Not sure how good the cheaper 'copies' are but I'll always recommend the 3M ones.

Luckily b&m sold both, was too late for me to shop around but I couldn’t argue with the product! excellent stuff, used both command and 3M. Didn’t make the walls and came off easy. Many thanks
Just be aware that those 3m 'No damage' doobries aren't always as Mark free as claimed. I've had them lift the top skim off plastered walls.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions