Hanging out with the norovirus

Found 17th Dec 2008
Hello HUKD friends, early this morning I was rudely awoken by the norovirus. As such i've had an exciting day in quarantine wrapped up on the sofa

Other than the general lack of energy and aches and pains I've managed to survive the last few hours without any fireworks. Anyway, I'm getting pretty hungry but don't want to see dinner again later. Would anybody recommend soup as an option?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
30 Comments

whats a norovirus?

no soup, warm water for first 24 hours or the bleedin thing won't shift, I had it Christmas Eve last year.....yuck

I got wrong for going to work with this Virus in jan last year, what sort of mug really uses sick days when they are sick? I lived on soup when I had it last year.

acecatcher3 whats a norovirus?

posh for got a cold :?

probably best to stick to water for a little while......as hungry as you feel, it never looks as appetising second time round

Get well soon:santa:

kungfu;3793097

LOL MAN FLU

acecatcher3;3793083

whats a norovirus?

poop and upchuck

kungfu;3793097

o right, sounded deadly...if a randomer had come up to me and said "ive got the norovirus" i prob wud have run from them in fear that id get it......now ill just pass em a tissue.

acecatcher3;3793152

o right, sounded deadly...if a randomer had come up to me and said "ive … o right, sounded deadly...if a randomer had come up to me and said "ive got the norovirus" i prob wud have run from them in fear that id get it......now ill just pass em a tissue.

andrex moist wipes :whistling: better needed

Original Poster

choc1969;3793087

no soup, warm water for first 24 hours or the bleedin thing won't shift, … no soup, warm water for first 24 hours or the bleedin thing won't shift, I had it Christmas Eve last year.....yuck

Hoped to avoid it but I'm the last one in the office to get it.

So a nice warm bowl of water is all I can look forward to?
Perhaps I could dip a small slice of bread in it or sprinkle some herbs over it?

Wish it was man flu, vomiting with an empty stomach is grim to say the least.

MBeeching;3793181

Hoped to avoid it but I'm the last one in the office to get it.So a nice … Hoped to avoid it but I'm the last one in the office to get it.So a nice warm bowl of water is all I can look forward to?Perhaps I could dip a small slice of bread in it or sprinkle some herbs over it?

bread noooooooooooooooo........they yeast in that would be murder for your tummy lol

at least you're getting rid of some weightage for Chrimbo dinner ;-)

Original Poster

choc1969;3793202

bread noooooooooooooooo........they yeast in that would be murder for … bread noooooooooooooooo........they yeast in that would be murder for your tummy lol

How about Haribo instead?

try reinstalling windows

MBeeching;3793235

How about Haribo instead?

nope.........

best thing.......neat vodka :thumbsup:, then you'll be too drunk to care that you soiled yourself at both ends :w00t:

Original Poster

choc1969;3793258

nope.........best thing.......neat vodka :thumbsup:, then you'll be too … nope.........best thing.......neat vodka :thumbsup:, then you'll be too drunk to care that you soiled yourself at both ends :w00t:

I was impressed with my skills earlier, thank God I managed to flush in time to change positions.

shanecr;3793246

try reinstalling windows

crikey, i didn't know it made you projectile vomit/poo :?

grex9101;3793367

i lolled!!!!!!! :-D

MBeeching;3793317

I was impressed with my skills earlier, thank God I managed to flush in … I was impressed with my skills earlier, thank God I managed to flush in time to change positions.

my mums golden rule.......always keep a bucket in the bathroom :w00t:

MBeeching;3793317

I was impressed with my skills earlier, thank God I managed to flush in … I was impressed with my skills earlier, thank God I managed to flush in time to change positions.

did u wipe tho?

I got a dose about two months ago, at least it was most likely norovirus though suprisingly only one of my kids, my mum and me got it in the local family, considering how contagious it is this was aiui unusual. All the symptoms were there projectile vomiting, explosive diarrhea, aches pains etc.

My mum suffered for a day, my daughter, who I caught it from, threw up once was a little under the weather and right as rain in half a day. I on the other hand ended up in bed for two days and felt absolutely rotten. I havent felt that ill for at least a decade. Took a week to feel "right"

I don't want to have that again for a while. Unfortunately permanent immunity doesn't arise after you get it apparently. I'm sure I read somewhere that the virus changes strain quickly and so you are likely to be infected by a strain you are not immune to the next time.

What I also found out was that the bacterial disinfectant sprays you get in supermarkets won't kill it but chlorine bleach will, so I've started adding to some to the surface cleaners I use. Smells not very pleasant but anything to avoid that again is worth it.

I expect there will be an even bigger epidemic after Xmas as people travel and get together.

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3793446

did u wipe tho?

It was frantic but thankfully yes :thumbsup:

Original Poster

VDisillusioned;3793483

I don't want to have that again for a while. Unfortunately permanent … I don't want to have that again for a while. Unfortunately permanent immunity doesn't arise after you get it apparently. I'm sure I read somewhere that the virus changes strain quickly and so you are likely to be infected by a strain you are not immune to the next time.

From what I've read you stay immune a mere 14 days. At least that will see me through Christmas and NY.

It's also contagious for 48hrs after symptoms subside which is a real pain.

I had it last year, lasted almost bang on 24 hours.

Strangely, I quite enjoyed it!

grex9101;3793580

I had it last year, lasted almost bang on 24 hours. Strangely, I quite … I had it last year, lasted almost bang on 24 hours. Strangely, I quite enjoyed it!

now that is just plain wrong! :w00t:

grex9101;3793580

I had it last year, lasted almost bang on 24 hours. Strangely, I quite … I had it last year, lasted almost bang on 24 hours. Strangely, I quite enjoyed it!

What on earth is your normal occupation?

Original Poster

grex9101;3793580

It is refreshing in a twisted kinda way :w00t:

I had this last month. The Doctor told me to stick with plain rice, plain toast, water and flat coke. But only when you're feeling upto eating!! Little and often. Hope you feel better soon!

bitseylango;3793589

now that is just plain wrong! :w00t:

VDisillusioned;3793605

What on earth is your normal occupation?

MBeeching;3793624

It is refreshing in a twisted kinda way :w00t:

Exactly - you see these people on tv going for those, um, what you cal them - colonic irrigation.

It's like that on the cheap.

Felt all "light" for days afterwards!

Poundland don't do health spas, but if they did........

grex9101;3793367

whenever my doc says i got a virus its the first thing i do.....:p
Post a comment
@
    Text