Happy 100th birthday to the Royal Corps of Signals

Posted 28th Jun 2020
Winston Churchill set a Royal Warrant for a Signals Corps to be created and on 28th June 1920 the Corps of Signals was formed... later changed to the ONLY Royal Corps in the British Army.
The Royal Corps of Signals today celebrates it's 100th birthday. It should have been commemorated with a Music festival for past and present members of the Corps, However due to the pandemic everything was postponed.

I served with them from 1996 to 2003 and it was some of the best years of my life.

If anyone else served with them or worked alongside please feel free to comment below
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Served with the signals from 2009 to 2014
Edited by: "Mark_Jolly" 28th Jun
arcangel11128/06/2020 10:46

haha Sprog

I served with the engineers before that tho lol left then went back
I was with 3 Div, 2 Sigs and 19 mech... majority of time inside a "436"
Well done all.
I had the displeasure of sitting with one on a long haul flight. The young chap kept chatting about religion with me for over an hour. I don't like discussing religion in a public place and to make matters worse, I hadn't slept the previous night.
deleted5655
Happy birthday bleeps, scaleybacks and Interflora employees everywhere. Met some great members of the Corps and had many a hangover from some of the best Squadron bars when I had the privilege to work with you
My dad did his National Service in the Royal Signals and my brother was in 6th regiment in the 80s.
Post a comment
@
    Text