Found 5th Nov 2016
Happy bonfire night to all.
Stay safe and I hope everyone enjoys tonight!
(Remember to keep pets indoors after dark!)

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
50 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.wapppictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/bonfire_night2.jpg

Be careful with those sparklers too

Remember to make sure there are no hedgehogs under your bonfire! I don't know you are supposed to do that without totally dismantling it!

Original Poster

Predikuesi

Remember to make sure there are no hedgehogs under your bonfire! I don't … Remember to make sure there are no hedgehogs under your bonfire! I don't know you are supposed to do that without totally dismantling it!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvuBNIEWgAApPJW.jpg

Firework yeah have a good one all stay safe
http://bestanimations.com/Holidays/Fireworks/fireworks/ba-large-white-firework-gif-pic.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/zUb75oNxkxeec/giphy.gif

http://diariodigital.sapo.pt/images_content/2013/FogoArtificioPenisGlasgow.jpg
oh dear how did that get in there ?

it's still the one night that spooks me right out! Bloody PTSD kicks right in.

Just put a brave face on for the children....That's what counts

thewongwing101

oh dear how did that get in there ?

You should point that rocket away from you, You wouldn't want that going off in your face

Banned

Wonder how many stories we will see from local and national news?

Idiots,alcohol and ambulances/police.

I like firework night but I wish idiots weren't allowed access to them.

thewongwing101

Firework yeah have a good one all stay safeoh dear how did that get in … Firework yeah have a good one all stay safeoh dear how did that get in there ?

Always one

Gunpowder treason and plot oh my!

MrScotchBonnet

Wonder how many stories we will see from local and national … Wonder how many stories we will see from local and national news?Idiots,alcohol and ambulances/police.I like firework night but I wish idiots weren't allowed access to them.

Spoil sport.

Banned

jax619

Spoil sport.

It's them that are the spoil sports

1 year ago today my one and only beautiful granddaughter was born.
And no her name isn't Catherine...:)

I'm at work. I work for the fire service. Woo.......!!

MrScotchBonnet

Wonder how many stories we will see from local and national … Wonder how many stories we will see from local and national news?Idiots,alcohol and ambulances/police.I like firework night but I wish idiots weren't allowed access to them.

There has already been several incidents
A group of 4 kids messing with firework - two flown by air ambulance 2 by road in Lancashire
Group of lads in London fire rockets at police vehicle in London
2 gangs use fireworks to attack each other on a London estate

And it's not even bonfire night

Unscrupulous stores selling fireworks to underage still + the aforementioned.. it's about time we stopped selling to individuals and forced everyone to firework displays put on by organsations

Edited by: "philphil61" 5th Nov 2016

philphil61

There has already been several incidents A group of 4 kids messing with … There has already been several incidents A group of 4 kids messing with firework - two flown by air ambulance 2 by road in LancashireGroup of lads in London fire rockets at police vehicle in London2 gangs use fireworks to attack each other on a London estateAnd it's not even bonfire nightUnscrupulous stores selling fireworks to underage still + the aforementioned.. it's about time we stopped selling to individuals and forced everyone to firework displays put on by organsations

I don't care what the toe rags do to themselves it's the sickening stories of them targeting animals and the elderly and the vunerable.

Mark2111

I don't care what the toe rags do to themselves it's the sickening … I don't care what the toe rags do to themselves it's the sickening stories of them targeting animals and the elderly and the vunerable.

I hear you
and I agree targetting animals and vulnerable is sickening but add the additional resources and costs for the fire brigade, the police, the ambulance service and not forgetting the hospitals - if I was PM I'd ban outright selling to the public because it happens every year and they (shops and parents) still do not take proper responsibility

philphil61

I hear youand I agree targetting animals and vulnerable is sickening but … I hear youand I agree targetting animals and vulnerable is sickening but add the additional resources and costs for the fire brigade, the police, the ambulance service and not forgetting the hospitals - if I was PM I'd ban outright selling to the public because it happens every year and they (shops and parents) still do not take proper responsibility

Youre right.

There is a petition on the gov site to stop fireworks being sold to the public. I support it. Organised displays are better.

Mark2111

Youre right. There is a petition on the gov site to stop fireworks being … Youre right. There is a petition on the gov site to stop fireworks being sold to the public. I support it. Organised displays are better.

petition.parliament.uk/pet…663

^^^This^^^ is the latest one I could find but research shows there's been similar petitions previously with parliament shirking their responsibility as usual

Of course I've just signed it you never know unless you try

59,694 signatures

bbc.co.uk/new…395

Ben McCabe was injured five years ago in what his family describe as a freak accident at a neighbourhood fireworks display in Cumbernauld, near Glasgow.

I know there are ardent supporters of banning fireworks for private sale, but I will be happily enjoying our family firework party tonight. We've had a party at my parents for the past 40 years ( give or take a couple) with no incident injury or other sad related issue . Just a really good family get together, which the neighbours quite often watch from their windows too. It's cheaper than us all paying for to go to an organised display , and in past years the age range has been from newborns to ninety year olds, which doesn't make hanging around at a public display very practical.
I really don't see why we should be forced to give up our annual celebration for the sake of the idiots who can't seem to even work out that fireworks should be set off in the evening not during the day . And yes I do have a cat who is safely tucked up indoors prior to dusk for the two weeks around Nov 5th each year.
We also make sure that we finish our fireworks at a reasonable hour( in fact ours will be done before the main display in town finishes ) .
Rant over, those with glittery skies tonight , enjoy

Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 5th Nov 2016

Original Poster

tinkerbellian

I know there are ardent supporters if banning fireworks for private sale, … I know there are ardent supporters if banning fireworks for private sale, but I will be happily enjoying our family firework party tonight. We've had a party at my parents for the past 40 years ( give or take a couple) with no incident injury or other sad related issue . Just a really good family get together, which the neighbours quite often watch from their windows too. It's cheaper than us all paying for to go to an organised display , and in past years the age range has been from newborns to ninety year olds, which doesn't make hanging around at a public display very practical.I really don't see why we should be forced to give up our annual celebration for the sake of the idiots who can't seem to even work out that fireworks should be set off in the evening not during the day . And yes I do have a cat who is safely tucked up indoors prior to dusk for the two weeks around Nov 5th each year. We also make sure that we finish our fireworks at a reasonable hour( in fact ours will be done before the main display in town finishes ) .Rant over, those with glittery skies tonight , enjoy

Here here!

Error440

Gunpowder treason and plot oh my!

Just one day without discussing terrorism.

We can do it...

(Sigh)

theres nothing happy about a foiled terror attack on the government X)

Banned

ashmac

theres nothing happy about a foiled terror attack on the government X)

He was the last man to walk into the Houses of Parilement with honest intentions.

Well here are my pathetic efforts X)
http://i.imgur.com/CdsKn3Z.jpg
and one that looks like a toddlers drawing of fireworks
http://i.imgur.com/nxqOHy0.jpg

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Well here are my pathetic efforts X)and one that looks like a toddlers … Well here are my pathetic efforts X)and one that looks like a toddlers drawing of fireworks

Well done! They are so difficult to capture in a photo!
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 5th Nov 2016

MrScotchBonnet

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14963252_1213705425354745_6971228029857799781_n.jpg?oh=2b2ae14b3084fc646c27acb80d1a2258&oe=5888474C[/img]

​quality

tinkerbellian

I know there are ardent supporters of banning fireworks for private sale, … I know there are ardent supporters of banning fireworks for private sale, but I will be happily enjoying our family firework party tonight. We've had a party at my parents for the past 40 years ( give or take a couple) with no incident injury or other sad related issue . Just a really good family get together, which the neighbours quite often watch from their windows too. It's cheaper than us all paying for to go to an organised display , and in past years the age range has been from newborns to ninety year olds, which doesn't make hanging around at a public display very practical.I really don't see why we should be forced to give up our annual celebration for the sake of the idiots who can't seem to even work out that fireworks should be set off in the evening not during the day . And yes I do have a cat who is safely tucked up indoors prior to dusk for the two weeks around Nov 5th each year. We also make sure that we finish our fireworks at a reasonable hour( in fact ours will be done before the main display in town finishes ) .Rant over, those with glittery skies tonight , enjoy

And what about the innocent lives destroyed by misuse of fireworks?
Yes there are laws regarding the sale of fireworks to minors - so how come there are lots of fireworks let off before 5th Nov?
And what about all the other parents - are they as responsible as you?
I wonder if you'd still have the same response if your house burnt down through misuse of a firework or one of the kids in your family was severely burned because some teenage thug decided to fire a firework towards that kid (whether intentionally or not) or what if one night your cat got out and was torched.

Horrific yes - preventable aren't most accidents preventable?

But I'm alright Jack

"Yes there are laws regarding the sale of fireworks to minors - so how come there are lots of fireworks let off before 5th Nov?"

Diwali? New Year? Birthdays? Posh Weddings?

Fireworks aren't inclusive to the 5th of November.

BillySollox

"Yes there are laws regarding the sale of fireworks to minors - so how … "Yes there are laws regarding the sale of fireworks to minors - so how come there are lots of fireworks let off before 5th Nov?"Diwali? New Year? Birthdays? Posh Weddings? Fireworks aren't inclusive to the 5th of November.

I didn't include those because the thread description is about 5th November

Bye bye

philphil61

I didn't include those because the thread description is about 5th … I didn't include those because the thread description is about 5th NovemberBye bye

I didn't even get to say hello!

BillySollox

I didn't even get to say hello!

You did... with your first reply - questioning my comment

But you chose to skip the opportunity I can only assume because you wanted to attempt to discredit the context

philphil61

You did... with your first reply - questioning my comment But you chose … You did... with your first reply - questioning my comment But you chose to skip the opportunity I can only assume because you wanted to attempt to discredit the context

You asked why fireworks were let off before the 5th of November - I answered. Diwali was last weekend :))

Welcome to the party Billy
hey Kevin
[img]i.imgur.com/gS0…gif?1[/img]

BillySollox

You asked why fireworks were let off before the 5th of November - I … You asked why fireworks were let off before the 5th of November - I answered. Diwali was last weekend :))

Incorrect

You answered

Diwali? New Year? Birthdays? Posh Weddings?

Suppose you are going to tell me it was new year yesterday on Gliese 581 d

Cut the carp you are wasting your own time - my argument stands - irrespective of what religious or other celebration. The law states fireworks should not be sold to minors yet time and time again it is still a majority of minors hurt or seen/caught with fireworks. And as we cannot trust all shop keepers or all parents to be responsible then the government should ban the sale outright.

https://greengayle.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/simples.jpg

thewongwing101

Welcome to the party Billy :Dhey … Welcome to the party Billy :Dhey Kevin[img]http://i.imgur.com/gS04JLh.gif?1[/img]

Hey stranger! How's you?

This isn't how I'd planned coming back hahahaha. Nevermind, it's all fun.

BillySollox

Hey stranger! How's you? This isn't how I'd planned coming back hahahaha. … Hey stranger! How's you? This isn't how I'd planned coming back hahahaha. Nevermind, it's all fun.

fine thank you
how are you keeping ?
Edited by: "Wongy110" 5th Nov 2016

thewongwing101

fine thank you how are you keeping ?

Long story (i'll save the details for a more friendly room on here) (_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769536
    2. Add one, leave one game54415455
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2640
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522879

See more discussions