Groups

Happy Bonfire Night!

Have fun and be safe xxx

Remember to keep any pets inside xxx

39 Comments

Remember to keep any pets inside xxx

I'm staying inside too - we have a great viewing platform from our attic windows

Original Poster

Predikuesi;6786646

I'm staying inside too - we have a great viewing platform from our attic … I'm staying inside too - we have a great viewing platform from our attic windows

Yep my kids generally watch out the windows too :-D

ClarityofMind;6786650

Yep my kids generally watch out the windows too :-D

Same here :giggle:

Original Poster

Our local display prolly wont be till the weekend anyway

Well done on reaching 22K btw

I used to love bonfire night,but can`t go out now or even watch through the windows cos of the dogs. They are terrified of the fireworks:-(. Got my Bachs rescue remedy for them. All tv`s in house will be on and up loud,all blinds and windows shut. :roll:
    Anyway......to everyone else.............enjoy:-D

Original Poster

Predikuesi;6786693

Well done on reaching 22K btw

Oh I didnt realise, thank you Predi xxx

Original Poster

rosie2008;6786697

I used to love bonfire night,but can`t go out now or even watch through … I used to love bonfire night,but can`t go out now or even watch through the windows cos of the dogs. They are terrified of the fireworks:-(. Got my Bachs rescue remedy for them. All tv`s in house will be on and up loud,all blinds and windows shut. :roll:Anyway......to everyone else.............enjoy:-D

I generally have to touch up the paintwork after bonfire night as our Staffy goes crazy!!

Turning the TV up loud? Never thought of that.

Maybe we'll play some Tchaikovsky to the fireworks

Am I the only one but for as long as I can remember I have disliked Fireworks and find them dull and noisy. I have no problem with people going to organised displays but its like world war 3 round here for a week or more and my Cats get really freaked out.

ClarityofMind;6786718

I generally have to touch up the paintwork after bonfire night as our … I generally have to touch up the paintwork after bonfire night as our Staffy goes crazy!!Turning the TV up loud? Never thought of that. Maybe we'll play some Tchaikovsky to the fireworks

:w00t: Just dont make it the 1812 overture lol...
    My dogs love classical music. I leave it on for them when I go out. Everyone thinks I`m mad:giggle:

rosie2008;6786752

Everyone thinks I`m mad:giggle:

This is true:-D

Predikuesi;6786765

This is true:-D

:w00t::?:oops::-D

Original Poster

mikebike;6786750

Am I the only one but for as long as I can remember I have disliked … Am I the only one but for as long as I can remember I have disliked Fireworks and find them dull and noisy. I have no problem with people going to organised displays but its like world war 3 round here for a week or more and my Cats get really freaked out.

I agree, it should be for just ONE NIGHT only a year.

Nice to have celebrations but animals do really suffer at this time....

But its different to how it was too.

I remember apple bobbing and making our own toffee and cooking potatoes wrapped in foil beneath the bonfire, highly alcoholic punch and lemonade for the kiddies and sharing it all with friends who came round.... a few sparklers and one or two bangs and that was about it.

These days its one explosion after another and the kinda... community bit of it.... has disappeared.

ClarityofMind;6786718

I generally have to touch up the paintwork after bonfire night as our … I generally have to touch up the paintwork after bonfire night as our Staffy goes crazy!!Turning the TV up loud? Never thought of that. Maybe we'll play some Tchaikovsky to the fireworks

1812 overture!! :w00t:

Original Poster

rosie2008;6786752

:w00t: Just dont make it the 1812 overture lol... My dogs love classical … :w00t: Just dont make it the 1812 overture lol... My dogs love classical music. I leave it on for them when I go out. Everyone thinks I`m mad:giggle:

no i leave music on when i leave the house too xxx

I thought the 1812 might eclipse the real bangs lol

ClarityofMind;6786790

I agree, it should be for just ONE NIGHT only a year. Nice to have … I agree, it should be for just ONE NIGHT only a year. Nice to have celebrations but animals do really suffer at this time.... But its different to how it was too. I remember apple bobbing and making our own toffee and cooking potatoes wrapped in foil beneath the bonfire, highly alcoholic punch and lemonade for the kiddies and sharing it all with friends who came round.... a few sparklers and one or two bangs and that was about it. These days its one explosion after another and the kinda... community bit of it.... has disappeared.

Morning Gorgeous:),

I do remember all the fun and penny for the guy but like most Public Occasions its now a money making exercise as we lurch from one over hyped event to the next. What happened to the simple things in life:?

Original Poster

mikebike;6786847

Morning Gorgeous:),I do remember all the fun and penny for the guy but … Morning Gorgeous:),I do remember all the fun and penny for the guy but like most Public Occasions its now a money making exercise as we lurch from one over hyped event to the next. What happened to the simple things in life:?

I dunno.. my glimpses of "the single life" have been a shock lately.... think im gonna run back to the safety of married life as soon as possible :giggle:

well my dog will be going bonkers tonight, tried some herbal stuff last year just made her sick lol

i will have all the curtains closed and the surround sound turned up to drown out any noise

having wisdom teeth out in hospital today so im hoping she aint gonna be barking too much!!!!

ClarityofMind;6786875

I dunno.. my glimpses of "the single life" have been a shock lately.... … I dunno.. my glimpses of "the single life" have been a shock lately.... think im gonna run back to the safety of married life as soon as possible :giggle:

What have you got planned for Today then?

Original Poster

ilovepink;6786894

well my dog will be going bonkers tonight, tried some herbal stuff last … well my dog will be going bonkers tonight, tried some herbal stuff last year just made her sick loli will have all the curtains closed and the surround sound turned up to drown out any noisehaving wisdom teeth out in hospital today so im hoping she aint gonna be barking too much!!!!

awww bless, will you be coming home today too?

I hope everything goes smoothly hun xxxxxxxxx

ilovepink;6786894

well my dog will be going bonkers tonight, tried some herbal stuff last … well my dog will be going bonkers tonight, tried some herbal stuff last year just made her sick loli will have all the curtains closed and the surround sound turned up to drown out any noisehaving wisdom teeth out in hospital today so im hoping she aint gonna be barking too much!!!!

Not a good day then hope the Wisdom Teeth OP goes well xx

Original Poster

mikebike;6786895

What have you got planned for Today then?

I have a client to see at 10am so I shall drop my lil one at nursery and then off to work, fill out some paperwork see client, pick up lil man from nursery and should get home about 1.30pm to make lunch, prepare dinner and the usual mummy tasks like the laundry for six people etc!

Totally exciting eh x

ClarityofMind;6786916

I have a client to see at 10am so I shall drop my lil one at nursery and … I have a client to see at 10am so I shall drop my lil one at nursery and then off to work, fill out some paperwork see client, pick up lil man from nursery and should get home about 1.30pm to make lunch, prepare dinner and the usual mummy tasks like the laundry for six people etc!Totally exciting eh x

But worthwhile! Remember Mummys are like buttons the hold everything together

Original Poster

mikebike;6786927

But worthwhile! Remember Mummys are like buttons the hold everything … But worthwhile! Remember Mummys are like buttons the hold everything together

I have a tapestry I made hanging in my hallway " A mother's love is the heart of a home "

ClarityofMind;6786941

I have a tapestry I made hanging in my hallway " A mother's love is the … I have a tapestry I made hanging in my hallway " A mother's love is the heart of a home "

Yes that's true.Have a good day

We are having our bonfire and fireworks on Sat night. "We" being the entire village I live in, it is a real community event, a bit amateurish, but that's all part of the fun and it all happens on the village green, next to the village hall where beer,cider,wine etc is £1.00 a pint or glass, plus a free hot dog, burger, baked tatty. A good time shall be had by all :-D:-D:-D

Original Poster

mikebike;6786952

Yes that's true.Have a good day

have a great time today xxx

Original Poster

MrGrumpyman;6786961

We are having our bonfire and fireworks on Sat night. "We" being the … We are having our bonfire and fireworks on Sat night. "We" being the entire village I live in, it is a real community event, a bit amateurish, but that's all part of the fun and it all happens on the village green, next to the village hall where beer,cider,wine etc is £1.00 a pint or glass, plus a free hot dog, burger, baked tatty. A good time shall be had by all :-D:-D:-D

Now that does sound nice xxx

ClarityofMind;6786902

awww bless, will you be coming home today too?I hope everything goes … awww bless, will you be coming home today too?I hope everything goes smoothly hun xxxxxxxxx

mikebike;6786911

Not a good day then hope the Wisdom Teeth OP goes well xx

im absolutey bricking it

they wont decide if im having a general or local till i get there as the position of the wisdom teeth is strange lol, bottom one is impacted and top one is growing out at a funny angle right at the back where the end of the jaw is (soz not very good at explaining)

MrGrumpyman;6786961

We are having our bonfire and fireworks on Sat night. "We" being the … We are having our bonfire and fireworks on Sat night. "We" being the entire village I live in, it is a real community event, a bit amateurish, but that's all part of the fun and it all happens on the village green, next to the village hall where beer,cider,wine etc is £1.00 a pint or glass, plus a free hot dog, burger, baked tatty. A good time shall be had by all :-D:-D:-D

That's what it should be about a real community spirit and what memories are made off.Hope you all have a great time:)

Original Poster

ilovepink;6786974

im absolutey bricking itthey wont decide if im having a general or local … im absolutey bricking itthey wont decide if im having a general or local till i get there as the position of the wisdom teeth is strange lol, bottom one is impacted and top one is growing out at a funny angle right at the back where the end of the jaw is (soz not very good at explaining)

Aww hun I hope you get to have the local as it'll be easier to recover from.

Don't worry its an operation done several times a day all over the country, you'll be well taken care of and home before you know it

:friends:

ilovepink;6786974

im absolutey bricking itthey wont decide if im having a general or local … im absolutey bricking itthey wont decide if im having a general or local till i get there as the position of the wisdom teeth is strange lol, bottom one is impacted and top one is growing out at a funny angle right at the back where the end of the jaw is (soz not very good at explaining)

Go for the general the less you know the better! although it will take longer to get over it
    Take care xxx

i want a general i think when he sees what i wreck i am he will give me the general

im such a big baby had really bad experiences when i was younger with dentists and it has stayed with me all this time

if i dont reply not being rude im off in a in app is 10am and mother in laws picking me up in a min xxxx

LOL, this place never ceases to amaze me....how did a thread about Bonfire Night end up in the dentists chair!!!??? Hope all goes well, keep :-D:-D:-D

Original Poster

ilovepink;6787003

i want a general i think when he sees what i wreck i am he will give me … i want a general i think when he sees what i wreck i am he will give me the generalim such a big baby had really bad experiences when i was younger with dentists and it has stayed with me all this time

I'm sure they'll make the right decision for you babe xxx

Let us know you're home safe and well later.

It'll be over before you know it xxxx

I'm out now too to start my day.

Have a good one everyone xxx

MrGrumpyman;6787018

LOL, this place never ceases to amaze me....how did a thread about … LOL, this place never ceases to amaze me....how did a thread about Bonfire Night end up in the dentists chair!!!??? Hope all goes well, keep :-D:-D:-D

That's what makes this place so entertaining

wow im back already only had injections and that was the worst bit, the actual pulling out of the teeth didnt hurt at all, i was such a baby as i started crying when he tried giving me the injection first time lol

when i went they prob thought i was a right geek lol

Original Poster

ilovepink;6788123

wow im back already only had injections and that was the worst bit, the … wow im back already only had injections and that was the worst bit, the actual pulling out of the teeth didnt hurt at all, i was such a baby as i started crying when he tried giving me the injection first time lolwhen i went they prob thought i was a right geek lol

oh I'm so pleased they did it so quickly!!

You can rest now and recover xxx

Nothing wrong with shedding a few tears babe xxxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)816
      2. Gaming PC Upgrade Help22
      3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER56
      4. Is it worth spending £20k on a car?1621

See more discussions