Happy Chinese New Year 2018 to the Chinese and Chinese-descent UK peeps here

Found 14th Feb
The first day of Chinese New Year (which runs for 14 days) comes this Friday with reunion dinners already happening around the world.

I speak some Cantonese only so going to go with the few greetings I recall.
Gong Xi Fa Chai
Xin Nian Kuai Ler

May your households be always filled with food (or rice...)
May your river of finance never run dry
May your family ties grow tighter
May your relationships prosper

May this year be one of joy and laughter, rising above circumstances when needs must.

And may we all benefit from those darn elusive local-exclusive deals!
Community Updates
Misc
18 Comments
Happy Chinese New Year everybody.
33258575-dTolV.jpg
Happy Lunar New Year of the dog, to all those who use the lunar cycles.
Happy New Year.
Graham197920 m ago

Happy New Year Chinese people, thanks for the 99p phone chargers

Does anyone actually use a 99p charger? The fear of dodgy certification, poor quality wiring and horror stories about small fires starting because of this have put me off any basic electronics the discount retailers!
Gong Xi Fa Cai to all of my Chinese peoples! 🐶
Happy New Year...Gong Hey Fat Choy
chaywa40 m ago

Does anyone actually use a 99p charger? The fear of dodgy certification, …Does anyone actually use a 99p charger? The fear of dodgy certification, poor quality wiring and horror stories about small fires starting because of this have put me off any basic electronics the discount retailers!

The pound shop stuff is usually really good on the whole. There's an electrician guy on Youtube who tears them all apart and goes over them.
Krooner5 m ago

The pound shop stuff is usually really good on the whole. There's an …The pound shop stuff is usually really good on the whole. There's an electrician guy on Youtube who tears them all apart and goes over them.

bigclive.com
shadey122 m ago

http://www.bigclive.com

Good man! Couldn't remember his name for the life of me.
@jsty3105 your title could be better put to greet everyone
Happy New Year.
Does that mean you had Christmas last week?
33259355-gzNlI.jpg
Original Poster
splender37 m ago

@jsty3105 your title could be better put to greet everyone

It could but not everyone here is Chinese and not everyone would care about the festivities.
Happy new year!
Gung Hay Fat Choy

Hopefully you have some red envelopes headed your way
Happy new year in English is actualy closer to happy new year in Chinese as I was taught it as a kid

Kung he fatchoi (wrong spelling, that's how we pronounced it) Apparantely it means happy rich/prosperous year

That's what I was taught as a kid... Blame the ex hippy teachers that taught me! lol
Happy new year!.
33271366-MlBlT.jpgHappy Chinese New Year to fellow Chinese HUKD members
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions