Groups

HAPPY DIWALI 2016 - 30th October

Religious or not Diwali is the celebration of all that is good being victorious over evil.

Diwali is commonly called the festival of lights. If there is one occasion which is joy and jubilation for one and all, it is Diwali.

On the day of Diwali, Lord Rama returned to the capital of his Kingdom Ayodhya, after an exile of 14 years. He returned in triumph and glory after eliminating the Ravana hence the crackers and lights signify His victorious return and the triumph of good over evil. The people of Ayodhya were overwhelmed with joy, welcoming Rama through jubilation and illumination of the entire capital with lamps. Hence the celebration is affectionately known as the "festival of lights"

Along with Hindus the day is also celebrated by Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists for various other reasons.

youtube.com/wat…=6s

Happy Diwali to all - light up the darkness!

30 Comments

skip112

Religious or not Diwali is the celebration of all that is good being … Religious or not Diwali is the celebration of all that is good being victorious over evil...

Light is good & dark is evil?

Oh dear. This is not going to go well.

Banned

I'm ok thanks but happy Diwali to you.

And this is why I think its stupid when people moan saying firework sales should only be allowed for 4 days around the 5th of november.

Happy diwali

Happy Diwali:)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ef/68/e9/ef68e9e5bc279b0ccf4f2e61c1f1f947.gif

Error440

And this is why I think its stupid when people moan saying firework sales … And this is why I think its stupid when people moan saying firework sales should only be allowed for 4 days around the 5th of november.Happy diwali

I'm going to say that fireworks should only be sold to organised events and NOT sold to the general public.

Happy Diwali to whoever cares.

stuarthanley

I'm going to say that fireworks should only be sold to organised events … I'm going to say that fireworks should only be sold to organised events and NOT sold to the general public. Happy Diwali to whoever cares.

Spoil sport

http://i64.tinypic.com/s59q8k.gif

stuarthanley

I'm going to say that fireworks should only be sold to organised events … I'm going to say that fireworks should only be sold to organised events and NOT sold to the general public. Happy Diwali to whoever cares.

​I'm finding myself agreeing with you. So dangerous in the wrong hands. As is the way the irresponsible ruin it for the responsible.

Happy Diwali to those celebrating.

stuarthanley

​but they go really well with the highly flammable fancy dress outfits at this time of year.

shadey12

​but they go really well with the highly flammable fancy dress outfits at … ​but they go really well with the highly flammable fancy dress outfits at this time of year.

Flammable or Inflammable?

fanpages

​you decide they are interchangeable.

cchopps

Flammable and nonflammable seems to win the day

​so all that effort to show me I was correct, thank you very much.
    happy diwali

shadey12

​but they go really well with the highly flammable fancy dress outfits a … ​but they go really well with the highly flammable fancy dress outfits at this time of year.

fanpages

cchopps

Only because people struggle to read, or to comprehend, the usage of inflammable.

That said, you could describe a thread with a religious bias as being an inflammable situation.

Saying it was a flammable situation would not be correct; so, in that context, the two words are not interchangeable.

davewave

Happy Diwali to those celebrating.

Happy Saturday to those that are not celebrating.

Happy Diwali to all those that celebrate.

shadey12

​but they go really well with the highly flammable fancy dress outfits a … ​but they go really well with the highly flammable fancy dress outfits at this time of year.

fanpages

cchopps

​i said "highly flammable fancy dress outfit" I don't think anyone could not understand that.
    I don't need a dictionary or a long winded explanation. I said it. no one misunderstood it.
    you created a problem. perhaps you can go and explain and give a dictionary definition of every word longer than a few syllables you feel people will not understand.

Happy Diwali.

zainarafiq

​I'm finding myself agreeing with you. So dangerous in the wrong hands. … ​I'm finding myself agreeing with you. So dangerous in the wrong hands. As is the way the irresponsible ruin it for the responsible.

STOP GETTING IN THE WAY OF THE DARWIN AWARDS!

Error440

Spoil sport

I must admit I do enjoy reading the news stories where little Timmy Teenager has had to go to A&E with missing fingers after holding a lit firework.
    It almost makes the fireworks going off at 1am, nightly, from now until January, worthwhile.

Edited by: "SJHan" 29th Oct 2016

stuarthanley

I must admit I do enjoy reading the news stories where little Timmy … I must admit I do enjoy reading the news stories where little Timmy Teenager has had to go to A&E with missing fingers after holding a lit firework. It almost makes the fireworks going off at 1am worthwhile.

I live near a pub they put fireworks on the roundabout for all kinds of occasions its fun watching them get fireworks in the face, darwins theory should not be messed with let nature take its course.

Happy diwali to those who celebrate

http://www.desiglitters.com/wp-content/uploads/7485/7485.gif

Whats everyone's plans for Diwali ?

Banned

good being victorious over evil.

I'd love to live in your imaginary world!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927367
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions