Groups

HAPPY DIWALI & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL HINDU'S

AS ABOVE REALLY! I GUESS I'M WISHING MYSELF A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

BTW: DIWALI IS THE CELEBRATION OF LIGHTS... INCASE THAT WASN'T OBVIOUS ... LOL

26 Comments

Banned

Yh hope you have a great one guys and gals x

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool at the sign

Original Poster

ODB_69;3318880

Yh hope you have a great one guys and gals x

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3318883

The sign?? Am i missing something??? :thinking:

Banned

acecatcher3;3318883

:? wut?

To you and yours as well. :thumbsup:

I thought it was yesterday?

Original Poster

Abvance;3318898

Yes Diwali was yesterday... Celebrated by Sikhs & Hindu's but for different reasons. Today is the new year for Hindu's :thumbsup:

Miss Money Penny;3318891

The sign?? Am i missing something??? :thinking:

woman in my work was just talkin bout it and telling me i shud convert....its a sign...hehe!

That explains the fireworks by me last night :w00t:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06s44Pah13aql/610x.jpg

have a great one guys!

Original Poster

Abvance;3318898

I forgot to post for Diwali yesterday :oops:

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3318914

have a great one guys!

Thanks... I dont have a clue what that symbol means however it is not the swastika!! It was our symbol many a year ago!

acecatcher3;3318914

have a great one guys!

:oops:

Miss Money Penny;3318929

Thanks... I dont have a clue what that symbol means however it is not the … Thanks... I dont have a clue what that symbol means however it is not the swastika!! It was our symbol many a year ago!

The swastika (from ]Sanskrit: svástika स्वस्तिक ) is an ]equilateral]cross with its arms bent at ]right angles, in either right-facing (卐) form or its mirrored left-facing (卍) form. The swastika can also be drawn as a traditional swastika, but with a second 90° bend in each arm.
    Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the ]Neolithic period. An ancient symbol, it occurs mainly in the cultures that are in modern day ]India and the surrounding area, sometimes as a geometrical motif (as in the Roman Republic and Empire) and sometimes as a religious symbol. It was long widely used in major world religions such as ]Hinduism, ]Buddhism and ]Jainism.

yeye i know the council i work at had a competition where people made decorations and loads of ppl used this sign, i found out that hitler used this sign and changed it from peace to an anarchy symbol, im not a racist person it was just meant as a goodwill gesture, besides my cats are black, i dont discriminate.

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3318905

woman in my work was just talkin bout it and telling me i shud … woman in my work was just talkin bout it and telling me i shud convert....its a sign...hehe!

Convert......??? oh no... Don't get brainwashed into any of it... LOL believe what YOU want. Too many a preacher in this day and age!

Original Poster

choc1969;3318946

The swastika (from ]Sanskrit: svástika स्वस्तिक ) is an ]equilateral ]cros … The swastika (from ]Sanskrit: svástika स्वस्तिक ) is an ]equilateral ]cross with its arms bent at ]right angles, in either right-facing (卐) form or its mirrored left-facing (卍) form. The swastika can also be drawn as a traditional swastika, but with a second 90° bend in each arm. Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the ]Neolithic period. An ancient symbol, it occurs mainly in the cultures that are in modern day ]India and the surrounding area, sometimes as a geometrical motif (as in the Roman Republic and Empire) and sometimes as a religious symbol. It was long widely used in major world religions such as ]Hinduism, ]Buddhism and ]Jainism.

Thanks for that... I really didn't know what is was. Seen it many a time... but not a clue!

It's sad that it's seen as a symbol of hate and racist now.

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3318959

yeye i know the council i work at had a competition where people made … yeye i know the council i work at had a competition where people made decorations and loads of ppl used this sign, i found out that hitler used this sign and changed it from peace to an anarchy symbol, im not a racist person it was just meant as a goodwill gesture, besides my cats are black, i dont discriminate.

Of course it was a goodwill gesture... I just wanted to clarify as many people only reconise the symbol for what Hitler made it!! :x

Abvance;3318976

It's sad that it's seen as a symbol of hate and racist now.

only by morons matey, its still a very positive sign for other people :thumbsup:

Banned

I used to have that on some beads I used to wear (on my wrist!!!) had them and Buddha's on....amount of people that used to kick off about it I had to explain everytime...shocking the amount of ignorance in this world

acecatcher3;3318995

only by morons matey, its still a very positive sign for other people … only by morons matey, its still a very positive sign for other people :thumbsup:

indeed

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g306/eurogibbon/churchill.jpg

acecatcher3;3318959

im not a racist person it was just meant as a goodwill gesture, besides … im not a racist person it was just meant as a goodwill gesture, besides my cats are black, i dont discriminate.

I have seen it all now.
    That post is definitely bang out of order. :oops:

Original Poster

Hey Folks....

This post is for Best Wishes for Diwali & New year... Please be cautious about what you post as I don't want anyone to be offended

Thanks x

modoc;3319040

I have seen it all now. That post is definitely bang out of order. :oops:

looool shh u fool!

constantly hating on me, beginning to think u fancy me tbh! :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions