Happy International Nurses day shine a light at 8.30 tonight

Expert (Beta)21
Posted 12th MayEdited by:"myusernamehasgone234"
3461716.jpg
International Nurses' Day is celebrated around the world each year on 12 May, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth. This year in particular it’s an extra special occasion because not only does it fall during International Year of the Nurse and Midwife, it also marks the 200th anniversary of Nightingale’s birth.

The public has been asked to “shine a light” on Tuesday to mark International Nurses Day and the 200th anniversary of Florence Nightingale birth

rcn.org.uk/get…day

A huge thank you to all the nurses for the incredible work you do.

3461716.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
International Nurses Day 2020: What time is shine a light for nurses today?

What time is the public being asked to shine a light for nurses?The public has been asked to “shine a light” on Tuesday to mark International Nurses Day and the 200th anniversary of Florence Nightingale birth.

Chief nursing officer for England Ruth May has joined other leaders in urging people to shine a light from their window at 8:30pm on Tuesday to mark the day.

google.co.uk/amp…mp/
Didn’t know about this so thank you!
Lauraaa12/05/2020 09:40

Didn’t know about this so thank you!

I knew it was nurses day but I only just found out about the shine a light at 8.30.
A lot easier to do with a sleeping toddler than pray the clapping doesn't wake her (and the guy that decided to play his saxophone and do karaoke for 20mins last week)
Whoohoo12/05/2020 10:21

A lot easier to do with a sleeping toddler than pray the clapping doesn't …A lot easier to do with a sleeping toddler than pray the clapping doesn't wake her (and the guy that decided to play his saxophone and do karaoke for 20mins last week)

It has started to get really loud around us with lots of pans banging.
myusernamehasgone23412/05/2020 11:08

Escalating each week. All for showing support but for the time of night need to be a bit considerate for those with little kids and those on shifts that need to sleep then
Won't it still be light at 20:30?
myusernamehasgone23412/05/2020 11:08

It's the cretins with fireworks that really annoy me. My dog being scared has become a weekly event now.

It's not showing support, it's just turned into one-upmanship.
spiderbifida12/05/2020 11:18

It's the cretins with fireworks that really annoy me. My dog being scared …It's the cretins with fireworks that really annoy me. My dog being scared has become a weekly event now.It's not showing support, it's just turned into one-upmanship.

We've not had fireworks but public building have been lit up. The hospital for example was turned blue this week.
I think it's time to stop clapping for the NHS and give recognition to those groups at risk bbc.co.uk/new…080
Azwipe12/05/2020 11:35

I think it's time to stop clapping for the NHS and give recognition to …I think it's time to stop clapping for the NHS and give recognition to those groups at risk https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52616080

The clapping is for all keyworkers not just the NHS.
Azwipe12/05/2020 11:35

I think it's time to stop clapping for the NHS and give recognition to …I think it's time to stop clapping for the NHS and give recognition to those groups at risk https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52616080

International Nurses day is an annual event.
myusernamehasgone23412/05/2020 11:36

The clapping is for all keyworkers not just the NHS.

My bad, just make sure you don't light a candle and set your curtains on fire or we'll be clapping for the fire brigade next week
Azwipe12/05/2020 12:00

My bad, just make sure you don't light a candle and set your curtains on …My bad, just make sure you don't light a candle and set your curtains on fire or we'll be clapping for the fire brigade next week

Yeah I think a torch will be a safer option.
myusernamehasgone23412/05/2020 12:13

Yeah I think a torch will be a safer option.

A torch flame would be even bigger than a candle flame. Best to use a flashlight
Edited by: "fablanta" 12th May
fablanta12/05/2020 17:21

A torch flame would be even bigger than candle flame. Best to use a …A torch flame would be even bigger than candle flame. Best to use a flashlight

spiderbifida12/05/2020 11:15

Won't it still be light at 20:30?

My thoughts exactly. Not going to make much of an impact is it? (writing after the event)
philedsch12/05/2020 21:03

My thoughts exactly. Not going to make much of an impact is it? (writing …My thoughts exactly. Not going to make much of an impact is it? (writing after the event)

Just got a candle lit in my window
Whoohoo12/05/2020 11:10

Escalating each week. All for showing support but for the time of night …Escalating each week. All for showing support but for the time of night need to be a bit considerate for those with little kids and those on shifts that need to sleep then

Yeah I'm thinking a riot may break out on one of these Thursdays.
harrythefish13/05/2020 00:12

Yeah I'm thinking a riot may break out on one of these Thursdays.

I'll get the saxophone guy to go play pied piper if it does ha
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions