Happy to be at home or driving you mad.

Posted 10th Apr
Who is happy to be at home with their family or are they driving you mad, wish I was back at work!
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
xenophon10/04/2020 22:32

All depends on what job you have.

All depends on what husband you have.
I’m enjoying my time at home...thought I would be climbing the walls by now for routine..work etc but surprisingly I’m not...I suppose it’s only myself and my 10 year old boy...completely different if it’s a bigger household under each other’s feet?
46 Comments
I'm already wishing I was at work even tho I just called in sick yesterday wow
LurkforDeals10/04/2020 21:57

I'm already wishing I was at work even tho I just called in sick yesterday …I'm already wishing I was at work even tho I just called in sick yesterday wow

Oh whoa, that's tragic. I miss talking to work colleagues, even though conversations can sometimes be generic.

Miss gym the most, as was starting to make some new friends
Edited by: "Neobrown" 10th Apr
I’m enjoying my time at home...thought I would be climbing the walls by now for routine..work etc but surprisingly I’m not...I suppose it’s only myself and my 10 year old boy...completely different if it’s a bigger household under each other’s feet?
xenophon10/04/2020 22:32

All depends on what husband you have.
doing my head in
Live by myself, have done for 2 years.
Have a physical job, can't work from home but my shoulder/back has been sore for the past 4 months and have occasional chest pains.
Been off for 3 weeks now and my shoulder/back isn't keeping me up at night and my chest hasn't bothered me once.
Thoroughly enjoying sleeping half my day away.
People will disagree but manual workers should get breaks like this.
I'm only in my 20's and my knees click when I walk and all my joints ache all the time.
I'm going a little nuts but I'm working still. Just want gym open and to go out with my friends.
Cloeeez10/04/2020 22:43

Live by myself, have done for 2 years.Have a physical job, can't work from …Live by myself, have done for 2 years.Have a physical job, can't work from home but my shoulder/back has been sore for the past 4 months and have occasional chest pains.Been off for 3 weeks now and my shoulder/back isn't keeping me up at night and my chest hasn't bothered me once.Thoroughly enjoying sleeping half my day away.People will disagree but manual workers should get breaks like this.I'm only in my 20's and my knees click when I walk and all my joints ache all the time.

that sounds bad if you are in your twenties, by the time you get to your thirties, you will using a walking frame! what sort of manual job do you that puts you in this state or are you in poor health and it has nothing to do with the job?
I can't be the only one who's getting far more work done from home in the same space of time? My productivity has increased alot lol

And at the same time all my washing is done

Edit: and managed to quit smoking too (for about the 5th time in as many years...)
Edited by: "sammy125" 10th Apr
mutley110/04/2020 22:47

that sounds bad if you are in your twenties, by the time you get to your …that sounds bad if you are in your twenties, by the time you get to your thirties, you will using a walking frame! what sort of manual job do you that puts you in this state or are you in poor health and it has nothing to do with the job?

I'm a painter and decorator. I'm on my feet for 7.5 hours a day. I wear knee pads and sometimes supports for my wrists/knees/back etc. I've been to the doctor but they just go down the cocodmol or naproxen antiflammitory route. I have been to a physical therapist paid for by myself a couple of times but had to stop because I can't afford it. But she says my back is covered in knots and she's surprised I still have as much strength as I do because even my sides were hard with 'stress'. She also thinks I have a torn ligement in my right shoulder but again, the doctor just fobs you off.
Cloeeez10/04/2020 22:53

I'm a painter and decorator. I'm on my feet for 7.5 hours a day. I wear …I'm a painter and decorator. I'm on my feet for 7.5 hours a day. I wear knee pads and sometimes supports for my wrists/knees/back etc. I've been to the doctor but they just go down the cocodmol or naproxen antiflammitory route. I have been to a physical therapist paid for by myself a couple of times but had to stop because I can't afford it. But she says my back is covered in knots and she's surprised I still have as much strength as I do because even my sides were hard with 'stress'. She also thinks I have a torn ligement in my right shoulder but again, the doctor just fobs you off.

i don't do the big painting jobs as i find it requires physical strength. people may say you don't need physical strength to paint but if you aren't strong it blooming does!

the lock down may be an eye opener for you and you will find that the pain goes away. if so then you can narrow it down to your job and get another one that doesn't require physical strength. the fact that you have felt better already would indicate that it very much links to what you do for a living.
I feel more exhausted being off work I’m ready to go back to work for a rest
I’m still working frontline, partly glad though as being at home can be soul destroying if you’re used to a routine. Only problem is ensuring your safety and others safety.
Can’t help wondering though no matter what precautions we take are we all exposed to this virus.
deleted193929
If you set a routine, the day goes by fast. I make a list of things to do, and tick em off as I go - makes me feel better doing that. I work from home too.

I'm not finding it bad at all, and it is a really simple temporary sacrifice for the greater good.
Allsorts212110/04/2020 23:04

I’m still working frontline, partly glad though as being at home can be s …I’m still working frontline, partly glad though as being at home can be soul destroying if you’re used to a routine. Only problem is ensuring your safety and others safety. Can’t help wondering though no matter what precautions we take are we all exposed to this virus.

i read on the BBC news website that a top scientist had stated that 80% of the population will get the virus but i can't find the article any more to link. the lock down and social distancing is not to stop us getting the virus as it is inevitable that most of us will get it sooner or later, it is just a way of slowing the exposure down so although 80% of the population will get it, they won't all get it at the same time, giving the NHS time to deal with those who need emergency care and to give those people who catch the virus later a better chance of medical help when when there may be drug treatment for the disease or we know more about the disease and are in a better position to treat it.

a bit frightening when you think your immune system will soon be tested and you can only hope that you will come out OK if you do get it.
sammy12510/04/2020 22:51

I can't be the only one who's getting far more work done from home in the …I can't be the only one who's getting far more work done from home in the same space of time? My productivity has increased alot lolAnd at the same time all my washing is done XDEdit: and managed to quit smoking too (for about the 5th time in as many years...)

Well done to you, I quit several years ago, Wouldn't contemplate starting again. Often when we get stressed we often fall back into the routine of having a cigarette. Got to break that cycle and try doing something else when stressed. I,e go for a walk, Punch a wall etc.. Just don't spark a cig up
mutley110/04/2020 23:12

i read on the BBC news website that a top scientist had stated that 80% of …i read on the BBC news website that a top scientist had stated that 80% of the population will get the virus but i can't find the article any more to link. the lock down and social distancing is not to stop us getting the virus as it is inevitable that most of us will get it sooner or later, it is just a way of slowing the exposure down so although 80% of the population will get it, they won't all get it at the same time, giving the NHS time to deal with those who need emergency care and to give those people who catch the virus later a better chance of medical help when when there may be drug treatment for the disease or we know more about the disease and are in a better position to treat it.a bit frightening when you think your immune system will soon be tested and you can only hope that you will come out OK if you do get it.

mutley110/04/2020 23:12

i read on the BBC news website that a top scientist had stated that 80% of …i read on the BBC news website that a top scientist had stated that 80% of the population will get the virus but i can't find the article any more to link. the lock down and social distancing is not to stop us getting the virus as it is inevitable that most of us will get it sooner or later, it is just a way of slowing the exposure down so although 80% of the population will get it, they won't all get it at the same time, giving the NHS time to deal with those who need emergency care and to give those people who catch the virus later a better chance of medical help when when there may be drug treatment for the disease or we know more about the disease and are in a better position to treat it.a bit frightening when you think your immune system will soon be tested and you can only hope that you will come out OK if you do get it.

Definitely agree with that and we need to continue with social distances for the foreseeable future. It’s not in our nature to distance ourselves from others ( well most of us). My worry is impact on people’s mental health including the working population.
Enjoy being at home with your family.
It's all that counts.
And no I am not Barbara Windsor
Edited by: "dufflecoat_moon_turkey" 10th Apr
Both myself and wife have been working from home for 3 1/2 weeks, with a toddler...
So so so want to be back in the office!!
dufflecoat_moon_turkey10/04/2020 23:34

Enjoy being at home with your family.It's all that counts.

Yep good quality time as we don’t often realise how valuable it is due to working and all the rest of the distractions.
Allsorts212110/04/2020 23:21

Definitely agree with that and we need to continue with social distances …Definitely agree with that and we need to continue with social distances for the foreseeable future. It’s not in our nature to distance ourselves from others ( well most of us). My worry is impact on people’s mental health including the working population.

i think social distancing will be in place until we see a significant reduction in hospital admissions or we find out through the antibody test that most people have already had the virus and so we have developed herd immunity.

or we come up with an effective treatment for the disease or vaccine to prevent it passing from one person to another. i can't see this being too long away as all the top scientists around the world are working on it like never before so at least we have science on our side, thank god.

for now, we have to keep luck on our side and hope that we can avoid the disease long enough by staying at home and socal distancing, as getting the disease later will stand us a better chance of getting treatment, and hence survival.
mutley110/04/2020 23:52

i think social distancing will be in place until we see a significant …i think social distancing will be in place until we see a significant reduction in hospital admissions or we find out through the antibody test that most people have already had the virus and so we have developed herd immunity.or we come up with an effective treatment for the disease or vaccine to prevent it passing from one person to another. i can't see this being too long away as all the top scientists around the world are working on it like never before so at least we have science on our side, thank god.for now, we have to keep luck on our side and hope that we can avoid the disease long enough by staying at home and socal distancing, as getting the disease later will stand us a better chance of getting treatment, and hence survival.

I think we need to remain hopeful and positive, just concerned govt may fast forward us into what was normal before outbreak thus starting isolation again but that’s another debate.
i hate lockdown like everyone else but abide by the rules. I guess we're at our govt’s mercy on this one.
Ive got a double whammy... 80% wage like someone whos been furloughed, but ive still got to work (on reduced hours)
...think id rather just be furloughed!
Kbramman10/04/2020 23:39

Both myself and wife have been working from home for 3 1/2 weeks, with a …Both myself and wife have been working from home for 3 1/2 weeks, with a toddler...So so so want to be back in the office!!

I feel your pain, believe me!
And my boss wonders why im working less while at home, coincidentally he doesn't have kids.
Neobrown10/04/2020 22:00

Oh whoa, that's tragic. I miss talking to work colleagues, even though …Oh whoa, that's tragic. I miss talking to work colleagues, even though conversations can sometimes be generic.Miss gym the most, as was starting to make some new friends

Keep ya head up brother
If anyone has Disney app I recommend watching Timmy failure mistakes were made hilarious kids film

Live by myself, have done for 2 years.Have a physical job, can't work from …Live by myself, have done for 2 years.Have a physical job, can't work from home but my shoulder/back has been sore for the past 4 months and have occasional chest pains.Been off for 3 weeks now and my shoulder/back isn't keeping me up at night and my chest hasn't bothered me once.Thoroughly enjoying sleeping half my day away.People will disagree but manual workers should get breaks like this.I'm only in my 20's and my knees click when I walk and all my joints ache all the time.

Start taking cod liver oil and glucosamine tablets ASAP!

Maybe need to consider a change of job. You're too young to be having such aches and pains
notalwaysright1911/04/2020 01:48

Maybe need to consider a change of job. You're too young to be having such …Maybe need to consider a change of job. You're too young to be having such aches and pains

It's not that easy when you have a mortgage. You just have to put up with it unless you have a heavy income which I don't or a partner that can afford to let you relearn something else, which I don't either.
It's just life. Just would be nice - to have a bit more time off for my body to heal every year.
I see it with guys in my work in their 50-60's who are completely done. Some of them have more metal inside them than bone.
As far as I've seen - no one is appreciated enough in manual labour now.
I’m really enjoying it , my wife’s at home all day with the kids and we are spending quality time and making nice memories. I work still but get 18 days off a month
I am reducing the large number of unread books on my Kindle (very few paid, mostly the free ones posted here). I enjoy reading and also keeps me out of my wife's way.
I'm only a couple of years off retirement age. If this is a taste of retirement it terrifies me. I could live another 30 years, rattling around the house, daytime tv, no reason to go to bed ( usually got to get up for work at various early hours).

When I was younger(16+) I always thought I would die as a ' 60 year old and shot in the back by a jealous husband) not cowering in the house , afraid of a bug.

Ans when can I have a shower? I'm sick and tired of just washing my hands for 20 seconds.
Have gf and cat to entertain me so I am not lonely. Have a busy job managing my team online.

But I just miss being around people and getting out and about. Never realised how much I thrive on that.

Also find myself too impacted by the news. It’s like I wake up with lead in my boots.
@mutley1 immunity if you catch it could only last a short while. Even a vaccine might only last a year like the flu jab. I'm hoping that's not the case though but what some say. We wont know for sure for a few years but can we sit in our homes and wait? No
Edited by: "wayners" 11th Apr
I dislike working from home, and I dislike my normal routine and circle of friends/family being absent. Also gutted my holidays and day trips are all cancelled as they were things to look forward to (had zero refunds so far either).

I like waking up later, and adding more exercise to my day (making use of the once a day out for exercise guidance, I've never jogged more in my life!), and being able to get a few more bits done around the house than usual.

If we knew for sure when it would be ending I'm sure it would be manageable, but I'm definitely climbing the walls a lot as we don't know.
Edited by: "delusion" 11th Apr
deleted193929
zworld11/04/2020 01:19

Start taking cod liver oil and glucosamine tablets ASAP!

Calcium/Magnesium too.
NHS frontline, one one side I'm glad I have to work on the other time off would be great but I would feel guilty af if I wasn't where I supposed to be
Cloeeez11/04/2020 01:57

It's not that easy when you have a mortgage. You just have to put up with …It's not that easy when you have a mortgage. You just have to put up with it unless you have a heavy income which I don't or a partner that can afford to let you relearn something else, which I don't either.It's just life. Just would be nice - to have a bit more time off for my body to heal every year.I see it with guys in my work in their 50-60's who are completely done. Some of them have more metal inside them than bone.As far as I've seen - no one is appreciated enough in manual labour now.

there is always a trade off between income and health but if you find that your work affects your health to a severe extent, which yours does seem to be doing, then you must start to think about your health. it is better to live in a hut healthy than to live in a mansion with poor health. a healthy poor man is in a better place and a sick rich man.

there is nothing more important than your health, you can learn to live on very little. if you feel like this in your twenties, you gotta think you ain't gonna last in the profession when you are older, and then what you gonna do? you could switch profession to delivery driver, stacking shelves in a supermarket, collecting bins for the council, etc. there are lots of manual jobs that are less stressing on the body than working in the trades. and certainly if you are in your twenties then training into a job would not be impossible.

the problem with continuing to put stress on your body, where your body is telling you it can't cope, you will end up permanently damaging yourself later on in life and then it is too late to repair the damage.
wayners11/04/2020 10:11

@mutley1 immunity if you catch it could only last a short while. Even a …@mutley1 immunity if you catch it could only last a short while. Even a vaccine might only last a year like the flu jab. I'm hoping that's not the case though but what some say. We wont know for sure for a few years but can we sit in our homes and wait? No

the fact of the matter is, this disease is going to be around for a long time to come. however, there are ways to help us cope with the disease better than what we are doing right now, where we know very little about the disease and we have no treatment or vaccination. with time we will be able to defeat it, but it is a matter of how long before we get to that position. all the government is doing is slowing the virus spread down to a manageable number and when that number reduces significantly, we will be allowed out again as being locked inside our homes for too long will have other health impact in the long term. also the economy can not survive too long a lock down.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions