Groups
    EXPIRED

Hard Disk Caddy

I'm on unfamiliar grounds here but I think I need 2

IDE and SATA, I'm not looking for external/usb/firewire (maybe ide to firewire). Has to be hot swappable. Seems to be alot of options but most places only seem to do external usb.

I need something like this

overclockers.co.uk/sho…-BT

Not sure if it's a good price or if it's exactly what I need.

I have a bunch of old school IDE drives and 2 new 320gb SATAII drives, I'm right in saying i'll need 2 types od caddies right?

Not so much of a preference with colour, if anything black is best.

I checked ebay but I'm out of my depth to be honest. I just want to be able to hot swap drives for storage purposes, media and basic documents and backup.

EDIT: Looking some more I'm not going to write off external. I'd like fast transfer rates, most of the internal drives seem to be 300bps, I'm unsure on usb 2.0 tranfers and firewire would be the fastest?

Any help or pointers in the right direction greatly appreciated.

EDIT 2:

Slight update;

I'm still really struggling with this. Having looked here and elsewhere, Icybox seems to be my best bet.

I'm going more with external usb/firewire, any info on which choice is better would be great.

Problem is the options are immense
    internal/external
    usb/firewire/ide/sata(II)
    fan no fan 2 fans
    varying led setups
    then there's optical displays, temp. etc..

The only thing I've narrowed down is Icybox, which has simplified it somewhat as they seem to be a very good brand. An external setup seems easier overall and possibly delivers best transfer rates. I have firewire card although I don't know much about it.

I'm still unsure if I need 2 types for old IDE HDD's and my new SATAII drive or would a SATAII capable caddy also work with old IDE drives ATA33 etc..?

Then the final but is, finding the best price.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions