Groups
    EXPIRED

Hard disk space missing after complete system restore on my Laptop. Help!

I have recently restored my HP nc2400 laptop to factory default setting. After that XP Pro OS does not detect its 60GB harddrive. It only detects 13.6GB in total. I updated all the driver and BIOS firmwares. It is still showing 13.6GB without any additional third party software.

Has anyone come across this before? Could anyone give me any solution to fix this?

The machine is still in warranty but I do not want to send it to HP as I am travelling in 2 weeks time. Any advise or suggestions will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
    HUKD007

5 Comments

Sounds like during the restore process all it's done is create a new partition which is 13.6GB in size.

If it's XP your using you'll need to goto

Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.....click on Disk Management

You'll then see a partition on the drive which says 'Unallocated'

Right click on it and select 'Format' ! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Massive thank you for answering my question first of all.

I managed to find the Unallocated space in the Disk Management.

After formatting the unallocated space, how do I combine it with the existing 13GB partition.

Thanks

You need a program called 'Partition Magic' or similar to 'Merge' the 2 partitions together. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;5795224

You need a program called 'Partition Magic' or similar to 'Merge' the 2 … You need a program called 'Partition Magic' or similar to 'Merge' the 2 partitions together. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mecoconuts. I used the Partition Magic and it is now single drive with 50GB (well nearly) .

I really appreciate for your help.

HUKD007;5796698

Thanks Mecoconuts. I used the Partition Magic and it is now single drive … Thanks Mecoconuts. I used the Partition Magic and it is now single drive with 50GB (well nearly) .I really appreciate for your help.

You are better off with your personal files and my documents folder on a separate partition.
    It is easier to restore windows without losing things
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What was that TV Show called?12
      2. Biscuit addiction1538
      3. Car park fine UKPC1314
      4. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)811

See more discussions