Groups

hard drive died.....INSTALLING WINDOWS HELP

Banned
    as above hard drive has died so bought a new one but how do i put windows on it as never got disks with the computer apparently its all installed on drive so you can put to disk but i havent done so

have searched microsoft but there is nothing to download, i have the numbers on side of machine

cheers

14 Comments

if it was installed on the hard drive you can't recover.

You will need to find a disc for the operating system.

Best off phoning the manufacturer. Or going the torrent route.

If you have the serial, just download your version via torrent and burn it. Simples.

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;7432935

if it was installed on the hard drive you can't recover.You will need to … if it was installed on the hard drive you can't recover.You will need to find a disc for the operating system.Best off phoning the manufacturer. Or going the torrent route.

yeah was thinking torrent route but thought it might be best to do something legit for a change, lol and thought it would be better for something like that to be proper

cheers:thumbsup:

daz1981;7432961

yeah was thinking torrent route but thought it might be best to do … yeah was thinking torrent route but thought it might be best to do something legit for a change, lol and thought it would be better for something like that to be propercheers:thumbsup:

There nothing illegal about using a copy of windows that you have a legitimate key for,Which version of windows does your PC have ?.

daz1981;7432961

yeah was thinking torrent route but thought it might be best to do … yeah was thinking torrent route but thought it might be best to do something legit for a change, lol and thought it would be better for something like that to be propercheers:thumbsup:

tonyg1962;7432983

There nothing illegal about using a copy of windows that you have a … There nothing illegal about using a copy of windows that you have a legitimate key for,Which version of windows does your PC have ?.

As advised. Your allowed to make a backup copy of windows via the recovery anyway on the software itself.

You have a legitimate key so no laws would be broken.

:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;7433012

As advised. Your allowed to make a backup copy of windows via the … As advised. Your allowed to make a backup copy of windows via the recovery anyway on the software itself.You have a legitimate key so no laws would be broken.:thumbsup:

no bothered about laws just thought it might be dodgy using a torrent to do it why i dont know i have loads software all cracked on it but thought for windows i shouldnt even though i have serial

Original Poster Banned

tonyg1962;7432983

There nothing illegal about using a copy of windows that you have a … There nothing illegal about using a copy of windows that you have a legitimate key for,Which version of windows does your PC have ?.

its windows xp home edition, i have others xp pro and such but dont use them comps due to hard drives and whatnot failing

daz1981;7433090

its windows xp home edition, i have others xp pro and such but dont use … its windows xp home edition, i have others xp pro and such but dont use them comps due to hard drives and whatnot failing

You just need to make sure you download the same version which will should be XP home OEM,

daz1981;7433090

its windows xp home edition, i have others xp pro and such but dont use … its windows xp home edition, i have others xp pro and such but dont use them comps due to hard drives and whatnot failing

[FONT=Verdana]Is it SP1, SP2 or SP3 integrated? That will have a bearing on the specific one you need for Windows XP Home Edition, as there were issues using older license keys on install CDs bundled with SP3 integrated on them.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Original Poster Banned

Scotty Boy;7433126

[FONT=Verdana]Is it SP1, SP2 or SP3 integrated? That will have a bearing … [FONT=Verdana]Is it SP1, SP2 or SP3 integrated? That will have a bearing on the specific one you need for Windows XP Home Edition, as there were issues using older license keys on install CDs bundled with SP3 integrated on them.Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

it doesnt say so maybe 1 or none, it is old though but i like it

well im no expert but i thought there were viruses etc on some of those windows torrents. but im proably wrong lol

daz1981;7433211

it doesnt say so maybe 1 or none, it is old though but i like it

[FONT=Verdana]If you need it I'll see if I can hunt out an an OEM CD I have of Windows XP Home Edition and I can post through a copy of it to you - the only concern I have is whether your license key will work with it.

Please let me know if you need it or whether you'll be downloading an ISO file.

Original Poster Banned

Scotty Boy;7441658

[FONT=Verdana]If you need it I'll see if I can hunt out an an OEM CD I … [FONT=Verdana]If you need it I'll see if I can hunt out an an OEM CD I have of Windows XP Home Edition and I can post through a copy of it to you - the only concern I have is whether your license key will work with it.Please let me know if you need it or whether you'll be downloading an ISO file.Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

cheers matey, i will see how i get on and if i need it i will let you know thanks for offer:thumbsup:

daz1981;7451626

cheers matey, i will see how i get on and if i need it i will let you … cheers matey, i will see how i get on and if i need it i will let you know thanks for offer:thumbsup:

[FONT=Verdana]No probs mate - give me a shout if your stuck.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions