Groups
    EXPIRED

Hard Drive for PS3

Looking for a hard drive for the PS3, currently upgraded my 60gb to 160 and now running out. Looking for the best price on 320gb plus. Not sure how much I will upgrade to so just looking at what I can get for my cash.

Below are the best deals I have found so far. Anybody know of any other hot offers going.

320gb (£44 - ebuyer)
    400gb (£50.99 - dabs.com)
    500gb (£77 - ebuyer)

Thanks to anyone who helps even if you don't post.

4 Comments

be careful with 400 or 500gb ones.... i got a freecom 500gb intending to put it into my laptop and found its about double the thickness of normal laptop hard drives..... so just something to note
    so maybe the 320gb is the best way to go?

I would just keep with the 320gb - you probably don't need anymore than that anyway unless you plan on keeping all your movies and videos on there. I seem to remember there is no limit to the storage size, but as the other commenter said, they can be thicker. The first 2.5" SATA I bought for my PS3 didn't physically fit in, so it does happen. Best going for one where it has been said that it is PS3 compatible (though 90% of them are).

And if you do buy the 320gb then you're not likely to find a much better deal than £44. Hope this helps

Original Poster

Cheers for the comments. Luckily I already knew about the drive thickness issues, currently just amassing a list of where I can get drives at decent prices first, then I will investigate the compatibility. Why they didnt allow for standard desktop drives I will never understand, I would of happily put up with a bigger overall PS3 to gain that bonus as 1TB drives go for very little these days. However, I do use my PS3 as a home entertainment hub and also plan on adding a linux boot to it also so the more space the better ideally.

Play TV also means that the space is always needed. I originally thought I would only need the 160gb drive but that has clearly been proven wrong in that it is now full.

Astec123;5194651

Cheers for the comments. Luckily I already knew about the drive thickness … Cheers for the comments. Luckily I already knew about the drive thickness issues, currently just amassing a list of where I can get drives at decent prices first, then I will investigate the compatibility. Why they didnt allow for standard desktop drives I will never understand, I would of happily put up with a bigger overall PS3 to gain that bonus as 1TB drives go for very little these days. However, I do use my PS3 as a home entertainment hub and also plan on adding a linux boot to it also so the more space the better ideally.

Because it would be even bigger than it is now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1823
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?616
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44
      4. Large card print/poster..11

See more discussions