Groups

hard drive help please

I have 2x 320gb hardrives on a raid 0.

Intel matrix storage console says one of the drives is failing

I have backed up the stuff i need to keep on the third drive i have in the pc

I have a recovery (d) drive, but i also have the original vista disc and the drivers disc.

What i want to know is if i buy 2 x 2tb samsung drives from amazon and replace them with these, then do a reformat witht the vista disc. Will the new drives become raid 0 as well, or do i have to mess with the bios.

2 Comments

Original Poster

[Your text here

he is a picture of the error i get on start up

Original Poster

so if i change them over and do a reformat would that be ok or would it not be that simple

Sorry what i mean i did not create the raid (0) myself it came like that from dell, i read it just increases speed slightly.

If i just replace them and reformat will i have 2 seperate drives non raid and ready to go or would i have to alter anything else

thanks

Edited by: "pughy2000" 23rd May 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2365
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861343
      3. love affairs1330
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767250

See more discussions