Groups

Hard drive noise

My hard drive always seems like its working even when im surfing or typing a letter , is this normal?

Hard drive always seems like its spinning , i sent one hard drive back because i thought it was a fault but my new one does the same thing although not as bad.

I have it upside down in my dell pc because it will not fit in the slot the correct side up , could this be the problem?

3 Comments

You will always have stuff running in the background in Windows. Maybe you could shut down any unnecessary services, there are many pages on the web explaining how to make Windows run lean.

Original Poster

I only have a firewall running , the old hard drive 160gb never made no noise and was really quite i then upgraded to 250gb with 16mb cache and seems to be quite a bit of noise :?

some hard drives are quite silent..like the Samsungs I have fitted in a Raid 0 set up in my PC....yet in my other PC with a similar set up using Seagate drives it does a fair bit of clunking as the drives operate.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1940
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3501273
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764595
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1638

See more discussions