Groups

Hard drive problem

Banned
    I've got an I/O Device error because one of my old IDE hard drives has gone butter side down, usual problems but I put it down to Vista messing around as it started on one of my SATA drives but after fiddling around in the case I figured it was the cheap SATA cable.

Then it moved to the IDE drive and thought er not a clue so left it, it got slowly worse on accessing it and took forever to turn off, so just turned off at plug (bad move). Then on a reboot BIOS doesn't recognise it but go into Vista and it does recognise it, but the ID info is all messed up. It won't initialise in Computer Management (but is there) and hits me with an I/O device error which just means read error on drive.

4 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Think it's going to be a long night :cry:

old ide drive knackered, whats the problem?, pull it out or simply disconnect it.

Original Poster Banned

maddogb;5376350

old ide drive knackered, whats the problem?, pull it out or simply … old ide drive knackered, whats the problem?, pull it out or simply disconnect it.

You would think so hu? I gave up last night after pulling it out I noticed it and the drive next to it were extremely hot, though speed fan was only showing 48C came back this morning plug it in and works first time :thinking:

my AMD790X chipset runs at 83C it's pumping out serious heat

lumoruk;5376827

You would think so hu? I gave up last night after pulling it out I … You would think so hu? I gave up last night after pulling it out I noticed it and the drive next to it were extremely hot, though speed fan was only showing 48C came back this morning plug it in and works first time :thinking:my AMD790X chipset runs at 83C it's pumping out serious heat

that sounds seriously hot dude, small case using on-board gfx?, consider a 40mm fan or two on top of chipset heatsinks, i had an nforce 6100 i did that too kept it very cool
    also space hdds out if you can, even buy 51/4" drive bay converters if need be
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11
      3. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only33
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority11

See more discussions