Groups
    EXPIRED

hardtail mountain bike

looking for a bargain in the mtb department, so far I think I've narrowed it down to a Mongoose Tyax Elite 2007 because of its good reviews, although I'm open to suggestions. The thing I'm looking for is a reliable bike under £300, preferably hardtail but will consider a rigid hybrid but I do like to go down the odd dirt track now and then.

Best price I got its £280 - £14 (5% quidco) = £265 from evanscycles.com/pro…gle evans cycles

Can anyone beat £265 for the Mongoose Tyax Elite 2007 or similar spec'd bike? Or has anyone got any opinions on bikes in this price range

1 Comment

Worth trying to find 2006 (or even older) models in some places at that sort of price range as they often have heavy discounts (usually upto 33% rrp). You could buy 2005 Carrera Krakens from Halfords about 6 months ago for £200 (originally £400) and they had full Shimano Deore chainset and ok mech disc brakes, so worth looking out for similar things. ]Paul's Cycles have quite a few older models, so do evans.

Also there seem to be a lot of bikes with far better components for not too much more (£350 region) which might prove good value in the long run - I had Suntour forks that lasted only a few months and the bought some Manitou forks which made the whole bike infinetly better. That said, good reviews count for a lot (but I'd find some magazines or reviews from last year and get yourself more for your money...)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits11
      2. Biscuit addiction1537
      3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?57
      4. Car park fine UKPC1212

See more discussions