Groups

Has any one ever used the Ford Direct option to swap car?

I've taken delivery of a used car through the Ford Direct scheme. The car is pretty much everything I need or want in a car and is a great drive. The problem is there are 4 intermittent issues, that are making me think of asking for a replacement car.
    Ford claim to have a no quibble 30day/1,000 mile swap promise. Has anyone here had experience of it? I know the garage will try and repair the issues but my gut says don't let them.

4 Comments

Well what ate the issues? Talk about half a story!

If the car was everything you wanted and they would sort the issues what's the problem? Ford make really good cars with good build quality, has something else come along that is better on the Ford direct website?

Original Poster

Graham1979

Well what ate the issues? Talk about half a story!If the car was … Well what ate the issues? Talk about half a story!If the car was everything you wanted and they would sort the issues what's the problem? Ford make really good cars with good build quality, has something else come along that is better on the Ford direct website?

A Gruffalo ate my issues.

As for what the issues are, all intermittent so may or may not get fixed. It'll be the usual no fault found probabilities.
    City Stop not available
    Hill assist not available
    Start button stuck in
    Sunroof gets to first stage of opening then stops.

All minor but they add up to, do I trust the car.

Oneday77

A Gruffalo ate my issues. As for what the issues are, all intermittent so … A Gruffalo ate my issues. As for what the issues are, all intermittent so may or may not get fixed. It'll be the usual no fault found probabilities. City Stop not availableHill assist not availableStart button stuck inSunroof gets to first stage of opening then stops. All minor but they add up to, do I trust the car.

Well you have 30 days but they don't sound minor in my opinion. If it is doing it intermittently now you can bet your airbags on the fact it will only get worse.

agree I don't think that's minor, who runs the ford direct thing? have you spoken to them?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?22
      2. Fifa 1837
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills33
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?69

See more discussions