Groups

Has any one moved a drain (man hole)

i may need to move a drain, does any one know how much this will cost approx and who do you tell

need to be moved approx 20ft

7 Comments

theres a little bit more too it than that. you cant just move a drain, firstly you have to find out what the man hole is for it may not be able to be moved. If its water related then you're looking into the thousands easily, thats even IF the utility company will allow you to move it.

Original Poster

thanks for the reply, it is a drain waste from a house to the main drain

MinstrelMan;5179318

theres a little bit more too it than that. you cant just move a drain, … theres a little bit more too it than that. you cant just move a drain, firstly you have to find out what the man hole is for it may not be able to be moved. If its water related then you're looking into the thousands easily, thats even IF the utility company will allow you to move it.

You can move it if it is on your property and only services your house but you need advice on this I would contact the Local Water Authority and ask for an opinion and the name of an approved contractor so as to avoid any unplesant situation.

Original Poster

cool, thanks i will do

Some good guidance here

planningportal.gov.uk/eng…tml

As its subject to Building Control you are best using a reputable builder/contractor who knows what they are doing.:thumbsup:

With modern plastic type fittings it shouldn't be that expensive or too difficult.

Have a word with your local building control officer.

We had 2 man holes and about a 15 meter straight line of piping moved so could put some foundations in, so ended up rerouting the piping and it was a bloody nightmare from start to finish, firstly getting all the correct permission took almost 2 years, then sorting the insurance to foot the bill took about 6 months, then getting the council and water board to come and approve the replacement equipment.

Cost about £15,000 in the end, thankfully the insurance did foot the bill, for once they were the easiest people to deal with.

unless you really have to i would avoid the hassle.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Important info for Ryanair customers1317
      2. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1118
      3. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)22
      4. CCleaner software compromised by hackers1524

See more discussions