EXPIRED

Has any one seen or got the Elusive Kaos Trap from Skylanders Trap Team?

Hi Everyone
Thank you for taking the time to read / comment on this thread, I need some help, I am trying to locate a Kaos trap for my son from Father Christmas, I do not want to order from Amazon / Ebay at an over inflated price. These traps should retail at £5.50/ £ 5.99 but although being listed at Smyths and Argos are never in stock. Everyday I am out I check in stores but cannot get one. Can anyone help?

26 Comments

I'm looking too! Smyths claim they should have stock pre-christmas, I'll believe it when I see it!

Carley

Try your luck here

£20?!? Are they having a laugh???

Reviews on amazon aren't too kind, most suggest to wait, you might get lucky.

Original Poster

Carley

Try your luck here

Thank you, I regularly check this, I have typed all different post codes and oos everywhere.

Original Poster

miikeyblue

£20?!? Are they having a laugh???

I know but that is cheap compared to how much they go for on Ebay and Amazon ( £50 upwards), apparently for every 20 mixed Traps a Retail buys there are 2 Kaos traps, but I regular check Sainsburys that stock them, they have 6 trays of Traps more that 30 ( no gaps) but no Kaos Trap.

Edited by: "lolly2012" 12th Dec 2014

lolly2012

I know but that is cheap, they go for £50 upwards on Ebay and Amazon, … I know but that is cheap, they go for £50 upwards on Ebay and Amazon, apparently for every 20 mixed Traps a Retail buys there are 2 Kaos traps, but I regular check Sainsburys that stock them, they have 6 trays of Traps more that 30 ( no gaps) but no Kaos Trap.

Cheap? It's over 3 times the RRP. That's pretty shocking.

Original Poster

Carley

Reviews on amazon aren't too kind, most suggest to wait, you might get … Reviews on amazon aren't too kind, most suggest to wait, you might get lucky.

Thank you its because they are being sold for alot more than RRP, All it is, is a piece of plastic that you can use to Trap the BIg Boss in the game.

I was lucky and bought the dark edition set for £68 from Game which includes this trap but what's so special about the kaos trap anyway?

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Cheap? It's over 3 times the RRP. That's pretty shocking.

Sorry I meant to edit the post, I meant expensive, when these were originally listed on the site they were £5.99 then the next day they went up to £19.99.

Original Poster

miikeyblue

I'm looking too! Smyths claim they should have stock pre-christmas, I'll … I'm looking too! Smyths claim they should have stock pre-christmas, I'll believe it when I see it!

If I find one, I will let you know, I have gone on the email list for Toys r us, and someone on the department in Enfield store is supposed to call me if they come in. I don't hold much hope though, my husband asked in Smyths Southampton and they reckon they've never seen any come in.
Edited by: "lolly2012" 12th Dec 2014

lolly2012

If I find one, I will let you know, I have gone on the email list for … If I find one, I will let you know, I have gone on the email list for Toys r us, and someone on the department in Enfield store is supposed to call me if they come in. I don't hold much hope though, my husband asked in Smyths Southampton and they reckon they've never seen any come in.

Likewise. I'm just near the Southampton store. I'll grab 2 if I can get hold of any, if you don't want it I'll just return it!

Original Poster

Carley

I was lucky and bought the dark edition set for £68 from Game which … I was lucky and bought the dark edition set for £68 from Game which includes this trap but what's so special about the kaos trap anyway?

I wish I had, I didn't realise they would be so difficult to locate

I don't know if this will help anyone but I managed to pick mine up from smyths. It was saying out of stock online but just happened to find one in the box also got one of special ones a life trap with character in. I know game, asda have been getting them in store as well as argos so it's just a case of keep checking the stores when your in. I will keep my fingers crossed I know who frustrated I was trying to get my son one :-)

I've just been looking on line and I am shocked has argos put it up to 19.99 now as that's terrible :-(

posting here to keep tabs on this thread as my little lad wants one too

Which locations are people checking. I'll look too, if you like. I'm in the Northwest.

Original Poster

II have been checking round Enfield, Harlow, Hoddesdon, Borehamwood, and Smyths in Southampton,

Original Poster

Henvig

Which locations are people checking. I'll look too, if you like. I'm in … Which locations are people checking. I'll look too, if you like. I'm in the Northwest.

Thank you

Am also looking for this trap but if i have to wait til after Christmas so be it. I can't imagine we will need it straight away.
What i would really like is a Magic Trap Master but they haven't been released yet! The only element without a Master. I just hope they don't hold them back like they did with the stealth swap force characters.

its such a shame these are really hard to get hold off. I think its a joke how eBay and amazon can sell for more than the game itself. really does spoil it for children who has been playing this since spyro adventures. hopefully after Christmas it won't be such a hype so it will be easier to get hold of one at a more reasonable price.

Good luck with your search,I've been after one for my son for over a month, it's top of his Santa list

hi guys thought you might like to know you can pre order kaos trap on amazon france. Only downside is delivery would be after christmas but would be better than not at all.

Original Poster

thank you very much

in stock at smyths southampton and a few other stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

memo1980

in stock at smyths southampton and a few other stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, that should help MickeyBlueEyes, I just drove to Smyths in Friern Barnet, they only had one left, but they do not keep them with the other Traps, they are behind the counter, so anyone looking for them make sure you ask.

Original Poster

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help in locating this trap, I think some stores have waited unti now to release them to stores. I am very grateful for all the help given in locating this and have now managed to get hold of one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)22
    2. Morrisons Cafe45
    3. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?710
    4. Laser eye surgery11

See more discussions