Has any used Cataclean & has some feedback they would like to offer?

Posted 3rd Jul
Hello.

After advice on Cataclean? Please.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Any feedback?
Her coat is lovely and shiny now
Don't bother, Complete waste of time, Snake oil etc..

What you want to do is get your catalyst nice and hot and it'll burn off most contaminates etc..

Just give it an Italian tuneup, Thrash it in low gears for a few miles, Ideally on a fast road etc.. It's ideal to do that before an MOT too as it'll stand more chance of passing etc..
.MUFC.03/07/2020 21:37

Don't bother, Complete waste of time, Snake oil etc.. What you want to do …Don't bother, Complete waste of time, Snake oil etc.. What you want to do is get your catalyst nice and hot and it'll burn off most contaminates etc.. Just give it an Italian tuneup, Thrash it in low gears for a few miles, Ideally on a fast road etc.. It's ideal to do that before an MOT too as it'll stand more chance of passing etc..

A good Italian tune up will also increase the exhaust pressure, helping blow deposits out the pipe. While also cleaning out any intake vacuum pipes, etc. 3rd at 60 or 70 on 4th will help. Some cars will need a bit lower or higher, 4,500 rpm plus is he aim.
Oneday7704/07/2020 00:37

A good Italian tune up will also increase the exhaust pressure, helping …A good Italian tune up will also increase the exhaust pressure, helping blow deposits out the pipe. While also cleaning out any intake vacuum pipes, etc. 3rd at 60 or 70 on 4th will help. Some cars will need a bit lower or higher, 4,500 rpm plus is he aim.

Very true, Along with cleaning the carbon deposits on the pistons etc.. Loads of benefits, Just make sure car is at operating temperature first and after drive smoothly for a few miles to allow it to cool down.
Well I have to say I tried the Italian burn for about a week.

Then I bought 2 lots of cataclean & used the first one 2 weeks ago & the second one this morning & now I have no engine management light for pollution on.

My opinion is that it actually does work.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 23rd Jul
Willy_Wonka23/07/2020 21:17

Well I have to say I tried the Italian burn for about a week.Then I bought …Well I have to say I tried the Italian burn for about a week.Then I bought 2 lots of cataclean & used the first one 2 weeks ago & the second one this morning & now I have no engine management light for pollution on.My opinion is that it actually does work.

It was the Italian cleanup that did it The light will probably be back on soon, Probably a worn lambda sensor or something. Should have had the code/s read. Thanks for the feedback though.

Codes can clear themselves after so many times of not having the fault, They self test and if the fault is no longer present then the light goes out.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 23rd Jul
.MUFC.23/07/2020 21:32

Should have had the code/s read.

Problem solved for £26. Reading the fault code would have been double
Willy_Wonka23/07/2020 21:43

Problem solved for £26. Reading the fault code would have been double

Not if you got a cheap OBD scanner, There are various different options available depending on your make and model. I've got dealer level diagnostics for my car and it cost about £15.

I appreciate it can get a bit technical but I've saved a fortune reading my own codes on various different cars, friends cars and friends of friends

Pleased it worked for you but I'm sure it'll be back sooner rather than later.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants