Groups

has any used effipro flea treatment for cats??

I have 2 cats 1 has a flea allergy and one is short haired but has really thick fur.. Ive been using frontline on them both but suddenly they both have fleas!! Decided I might give effipro a try as a seen them on petmeds but I would love any opinions first!!

10 Comments

I think that you are going to have to bump this in the morning!
    I only have a dog but I would be very surprised if he got fleas when Frontlined. Perhap they will die overnight.

ive used effipro just recently as i had another make (not frontline) and the cat got fleas. Within a day she was clear but we still see the odd one on her (we redid it after 3 weeks, but our cat likes the rain )
    I think it kills and odd ones that she picks up. Have you cats got a lot of fleas and when did you last apply frontline?

Original Poster

we frontline them both every month. I only noticed the fleas a few days ago but frontline just doesnt seem to be working which is strange cos Ive used it for the past 3 years without a single flea! I was thinking it was because they already had the fleas when I put the frontline on could that be why the ones already their wont go?

We always use Frontline on our cats, It's always worked, We'd tried other cheaper brands in the past but they never worked, Perhaps killed a few fleas but not the eggs etc..

However we Frontlined our cats recently and it didn't work, It killed a few fleas but not them all, So we did them again and luckily it worked.

I thought that the fleas were building immunity to the treatment but I guess either we had a bad batch or the fleas required a double dose.

I'd suggest trying a different pack of Frontline again.

aaron14danni;6902482

we frontline them both every month. I only noticed the fleas a few days … we frontline them both every month. I only noticed the fleas a few days ago but frontline just doesnt seem to be working which is strange cos Ive used it for the past 3 years without a single flea! I was thinking it was because they already had the fleas when I put the frontline on could that be why the ones already their wont go?

should kill all of them aleady on and any that land after. I called the local vet to ask the recommendation and they said effipro. Maybe fleas are like headlice and get resistant to one type of treatment?

I bought effipro online and it was 4 for around £10 so also cheaper:thumbsup:

i use frontline on the kids, it was recommended by the pharmacist, never had nits since

I use a new method - Stop the flea's getting on the cat in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://weeklyworldnews.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/duct_tape_cat_full.jpg

Bigpoppaad;6902967

I use a new method - Stop the flea's getting on the cat in the first … I use a new method - Stop the flea's getting on the cat in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and no hairs to hoover lol

joguile;6902935

i use frontline on the kids, it was recommended by the pharmacist, never … i use frontline on the kids, it was recommended by the pharmacist, never had nits since

:? i hope this is a joke:w00t:

no joke
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?88
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126

See more discussions