Has anybody been ill after a free waitrose coffee.

19 replies
Found 30th Oct 2016
Always get a free coffee (a latte ) but on two occasions now i have been ill the next day. First time I shat blood and today i just coughed up blood. Just wanted to see if anybody else has been like this or similar.

19 Comments

If you have those symptoms I would recommend seeing a GP.

Last time I shopped at Waitrose I coughed up more than I wanted to......but seriously, go get yourself checked out.

Sorry, but lol

I doubt a Coffee could possibly cause such symptoms. But as suggested above without a doubt get yourself to a GP asap.

This is GP time, could be a sign of bowel cancer

Did you see the guy in front of you getting a coffee, did he look like this...

http://spotmebro.com/spotmebrotest/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/adebisi-o.gif

I say this a lot on here but you think you have seen it all then....

oO

Seriously, get yourself a gp appointment tomorrow, if it is bad the sooner you get diagnosed the better your chances, hopefully you've just had an infection, but get it checked out anyway.

Sounds like piles and verbal diarrhoea, would definitely get it checked out. X)

Original Poster

its only happened when I have had a waitrose coffee though. I need 3 strikes before i go doctors so if it happens again I will go to my GP. and wait 3 weeks for an appointment

Looking at your history you have commented / posted about rum quite a few times. I'm guessing therefore that you have a drink problem. That is the most likely explanation for your ailments.

Original Poster

Well Ive had many problems but the drink aint one. I just though sumbody out out there might of had a story of a bad cup of coffee from waitrose. Like i heard a story of sumbody getting a coffee and the machine still had cleaning products inside and served tainted coffee.

Vomiting blood:

- Was this one vomit or was after vomiting several times.
- Streaks of blood or all blood.
- ? Pain
- ? other symptoms (i.e cough, sore throat).

Blood in stool:

- In toilet pan or just on wiping?
- Any abdo / rectal pain?
- Fresh blood or old blood?

Age? gender? other health problems?

Just a few of the questions needed to be asked.

Give 111 a ring and get some professional advice (which I can tell you now will ultimately be GP appointment).

Symptoms most likely to be something minor or you might be teetering on the edge - (GP is only one way to be sure).

Just in case it is the latter scenario.......... what size boots do you wear??

Very unlikely to be related to coffee - unless you have really upset the waiter / waitress....... in which case its rat poison.
Edited by: "Tomb" 30th Oct 2016

Original Poster

well im always first in waitrose to use the coffee machine. On occasions a man has been cleaning the machine with various plastic bottles visible. Maybe there is still cleaning product in the machine and im drinking it in my coffee. The symptoms of this kind of poisoning can be what I have experienced. just a theory.

billbobargins

its only happened when I have had a waitrose coffee though. I need 3 … its only happened when I have had a waitrose coffee though. I need 3 strikes before i go doctors so if it happens again I will go to my GP. and wait 3 weeks for an appointment

Please do not wait for a third strike. Any bleeding should be investigated immediately and you've got two lots going on so even more urgent to get an appointment ASAP. It could be something simple like piles or an ulcer (and caffeine being a stimulant can irritate both of those) but it could be something a lot worse. The sooner it's investigated, the sooner it gets fixed and you get peace of mind. DO NOT WAIT.

ceres

Please do not wait for a third strike. Any bleeding should be … Please do not wait for a third strike. Any bleeding should be investigated immediately and you've got two lots going on so even more urgent to get an appointment ASAP. It could be something simple like piles or an ulcer (and caffeine being a stimulant can irritate both of those) but it could be something a lot worse. The sooner it's investigated, the sooner it gets fixed and you get peace of mind. DO NOT WAIT.

I agree with you on this, visit your doctor asap.

I would say you have IBS and the coffee is setting it off.

See a doctor as it will only get worse.

Waitrose wouldn't be any in any way responsible for your illness.

Banned

moneybag

This is GP time, could be a sign of bowel cancer

Coughing up blood?

Thats a long travel
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56523
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle22
    3. Free flights to Europe711