Groups

Has anybody been to Monkey World in Wareham, Dorset?

Thinking of going when we are down that way in the summer.
    Just wondered if anyone had been, what it's like etc?
    Thanks

13 Comments

Yup, its a good day out. Obviously full of monkeys n they have little enclosed open space type areas with paths and trees and stuff with lil monkeys that come up to you and stuff.

Great for kids and adults

Its really good, We didnt expect much from it. but we all really enjoyed the day. We were there for the time it opened so we got a good long look at all the monkeys, on the way back out of the park it was quite busy and you struggled to see in some windows.

Loads of park areas for the children too. It was our best day out while we were on holiday in Weymouth

Banned

Been past it. Didn't stop. Hope this helps. xx

vibeone

Been past it. Didn't stop. Hope this helps. xx

thats because you knew you wouldn't be let out if you went in

Original Poster

Thank you both
    Both my little uns like monkeys - well animals of all kinds really. It's quite cheap really too at £34 for the family.
    We'd probably go early as they are very early risers anyway.
    Would you recommend taking a picnic or is there plenty of cheap(ish) places to eat?
    How long (roughly) does it take to get around?
    Thanks

louiseb84

Thank you both :)Both my little uns like monkeys - well animals of all … Thank you both :)Both my little uns like monkeys - well animals of all kinds really. It's quite cheap really too at £34 for the family.We'd probably go early as they are very early risers anyway.Would you recommend taking a picnic or is there plenty of cheap(ish) places to eat?How long (roughly) does it take to get around?Thanks

Doesn't take too long to get around, but you can stop at the parks and for food. We were there for about 3-4 hours max. We took our own picnic, but the kids had ice cream there too. Not sure on the price of food there, but the gift store was pretty reasonable so maybe the food will be too.

There is quite a bit of walking, but nothing major. You will all have a great day. Our 3 loved it.

i know some people who live there

Original Poster

beth3735

Doesn't take too long to get around, but you can stop at the parks and … Doesn't take too long to get around, but you can stop at the parks and for food. We were there for about 3-4 hours max. We took our own picnic, but the kids had ice cream there too. Not sure on the price of food there, but the gift store was pretty reasonable so maybe the food will be too.There is quite a bit of walking, but nothing major. You will all have a great day. Our 3 loved it.

Thanks Beth. 3-4hrs sounds about right, sometimes much more than that and dd starts to get tired and grumpy!

Ours were the same, Think they were 4 and 5 plus lad was 1 but in a buggy. So it was plenty of time for us, They were getting a bit tired of the walking by the end and just wanted an ice cream lol x

Your little ones will have a great time as you big ones as well will. I would take a picnic, there is an area for it. Have fun each time we have gone its rained but have still enjoyed ourselves.

Original Poster

Thanks all, appreciate your comments

I'd recommend a picnic. As with all these places, food is fairly pricey when you're in there. It's a great day out though, we live reasonably close and have been a couple of times. Our kids love it, sadly weren't allowed to leave them behind!

Is there a drive through bit at the park where monkeys climb on car x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions