Expired

has anybody bought one of these suitcases from matalan? any good?

Found 3rd May 2017
Hey fellow hukd-ers.. I wondered has anybody bought one of these suitcases and used it yet? (Click link in comment)
matalan.co.uk/hom…ase

As it's half price I'm thinking of buying one for my teenage daughter.. any good? Bad? Wear too easy? Scratch easy? Zips break? Etc etc.. think the price is great but don't want to buy it if it's going to break within one use.. reviews please to help me decide.. Thankyou :-)
Community Updates
AskSuitcase
13 Comments
Original Poster
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 3rd May 2017
I'd only invest in the super lightweight stuff while the airline companies allowances shrink and shrink.
Original Poster
thedvdmonster

I'd only invest in the super lightweight stuff while the airline … I'd only invest in the super lightweight stuff while the airline companies allowances shrink and shrink.

Thanks for the tip.. it doesn't say the weight on the website but I had a look at one in store a few weeks ago. I didn't pick it up to check how lightweight it was, I will check that when I go back in
LeahMinttoutou

Thanks for the tip.. it doesn't say the weight on the website but I had a … Thanks for the tip.. it doesn't say the weight on the website but I had a look at one in store a few weeks ago. I didn't pick it up to check how lightweight it was, I will check that when I go back in

​Try wilkos too, they have some well price lightweight luggage. I've got the cabin bag and it's spot on
I got mine from Tesco and are nice and sturdy and very very light.
Wouldn't ever go back to a hard case.
Original Poster
thedvdmonster

I got mine from Tesco and are nice and sturdy and very very light. … I got mine from Tesco and are nice and sturdy and very very light. Wouldn't ever go back to a hard case.

I particularly want to try a hard case I've only ever had material ones and they've been ripped and scuffed and frayed so quick. Last time I used my material one it came back covered in what looks like oil stains (this was in a national holiday coach trip) I figured the hard ones wouldn't do this
Original Poster
Daniboy

Try wilkos too, they have some well price lightweight luggage. I've got … Try wilkos too, they have some well price lightweight luggage. I've got the cabin bag and it's spot on

Wilkos thanks I'll have a look
Mine are from Tesco 4 wheel large and small hard shell. Fully can recommend those. Once I have borrowed from sister IT lightweight non hardshell and I can say is the best one if you take your luggage on board because of capacity. You can pack in a bit more than hard shell and obviously no need to have secured stuff that much as long as you keep it with you.
I bought IT luggage last holiday - hard case and has a few scratches. I've just bought a lightweight case as I get an extra 2kg . Wish I'd invested in lightweight first
Original Poster
pookynuts

I bought IT luggage last holiday - hard case and has a few scratches. … I bought IT luggage last holiday - hard case and has a few scratches. I've just bought a lightweight case as I get an extra 2kg . Wish I'd invested in lightweight first

olgamichenko

Mine are from Tesco 4 wheel large and small hard shell. Fully can … Mine are from Tesco 4 wheel large and small hard shell. Fully can recommend those. Once I have borrowed from sister IT lightweight non hardshell and I can say is the best one if you take your luggage on board because of capacity. You can pack in a bit more than hard shell and obviously no need to have secured stuff that much as long as you keep it with you.

Do all lightweight ones come with material shell or can you get lightweight ones that are hard shell? Or is there such a thing as one with material but hard edges? The only reason I want a hard one is because the last one I had kept tipping up and it got scuffed so bad on the edges it looked awful.. maybe that was just a bad suitcase lol
Have you not noticed that happen with the material lightweight ones? Thanks for your insights into this
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 3rd May 2017
Not used my material one yet - it's at IT luggage one and I went on good reviews. Get one with a 10 year guarantee and if it looks scruffy / holes after a few uses it's not survived the wear and tear on guarantee.
I pack a lot and my hard case weighs in at 17kg packed . Depending on how much your daughter will pack - if not 2 outfits a day then you will be fine with hard case. If she fills to the brim the extra 2kg will be needed on a material lightweight . Most hard cases weigh 4.5-5.5 large size , lightweight 2.5-3 large size
I've been using the lightweight IT luggage for a number of years and been happy with them. One trip the internal struts broke - rung up their customer services, explained the problem. They asked me the dimensions of the struts (particularly the diameter) and in a few days received a tube with a selection of replacements.
pookynuts

Not used my material one yet - it's at IT luggage one and I went on good … Not used my material one yet - it's at IT luggage one and I went on good reviews. Get one with a 10 year guarantee and if it looks scruffy / holes after a few uses it's not survived the wear and tear on guarantee. I pack a lot and my hard case weighs in at 17kg packed . Depending on how much your daughter will pack - if not 2 outfits a day then you will be fine with hard case. If she fills to the brim the extra 2kg will be needed on a material lightweight . Most hard cases weigh 4.5-5.5 large size , lightweight 2.5-3 large size

​seen few hard in Tesco but like someone mentioned, they give 10 years warranty
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions