Groups

Has anybody dealt with Sellto.com before?

I received an email from Gameseek earlier this week as a promotion for this website. I've checked and some of their cash-in prices are really good, much better than offerings for the same games at CEX/Game and obviously far higher than the ridiculous joke that is music magpie.

It looks like it may be a new company though and there doesn't seem to be any reviews for them yet on Google/Trustpilot etc. Has anybody used them in the past and can they offer any info?

Thanks.

11 Comments

Never used them & no idea how good they are, but they're not a new company by the looks of it.

Title: SellTo.com - Trade Your Video Games in for Cash
    Description: SellTo.com - Trade Your Video Games in for Cash
    Type: movie,Video Games

Domain Age: 11 Years, 211 Days
    Website Speed: Fast

Organisation: Virtualperspective
    Owner: Ben Goodwin
    Owner Address: 7 Capesthorne Close
    Owner City: Northwich
    Owner Postcode: CW9 8F
    Edited by: "OldEnglish" 1st Jan 2015

Original Poster

OldEnglish

Never used them & no idea how good they are, but they're not a new … Never used them & no idea how good they are, but they're not a new company by the looks of it.Website: sellto.comTitle: SellTo.com - Trade Your Video Games in for CashDescription: SellTo.com - Trade Your Video Games in for CashType: movie,Video GamesDomain Age: 11 Years, 211 DaysWebsite Speed: FastOrganisation: VirtualperspectiveOwner: Ben GoodwinOwner Address: 7 Capesthorne CloseOwner City: NorthwichOwner Postcode: CW9 8F

Thanks for that. Weird that they seemingly have zero online reputation then in that case, not sure how that could even be possible. I have a feeling that they are now owned by Gameseek since they offer 20% extra for your goods if you accept GS store credit instead of cash.

Spark

Thanks for that. Weird that they seemingly have zero online reputation … Thanks for that. Weird that they seemingly have zero online reputation then in that case, not sure how that could even be possible. I have a feeling that they are now owned by Gameseek since they offer 20% extra for your goods if you accept GS store credit instead of cash.

Yes, looks that way to me.
    Edited by: "OldEnglish" 1st Jan 2015

Editor

Seems quite strange that over 11 years they have no Trustpilot reviews.

Something odd about them they have a facebook page too facebook.com/sel…com set up in September but they made a post yesterday saying "This our first ever ever post! ...thank you all in advance for following our page! "

Personally I wouldn't risk it.

Original Poster

harlzter

Something odd about them they have a facebook page too … Something odd about them they have a facebook page too https://www.facebook.com/selltocom set up in September but they made a post yesterday saying "This our first ever ever post! ...thank you all in advance for following our page! "Personally I wouldn't risk it.

Yeah I think you're probably right. It seems as though they might be trying to lend themselves some credibility with the gameseek affiliation. The whole thing is very strange though.

Banned

Hello everyone.
    Some quick official answers to your questions:
    1. Yes we are new to the trade in game.
    2. The domain was previously registered a long time ago before we took ownership in June 2014
    3. We are legitimate and are a sister site to GameSeek.co.uk
    4. Our social pages were registered a while ago but we have only recently launched the main site etc
    Any further questions please get in touch via the site.
    Thanks!
    Edited by: "selltocom" 5th Jan 2015

Original Poster

Thank you for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated.

selltocom

Hello everyone.Some quick official answers to your questions:1. Yes we … Hello everyone.Some quick official answers to your questions:1. Yes we are new to the trade in game.2. The domain was previously registered a long time ago before we took ownership in June 20143. We are ligitimate and are a sister site to GameSeek.co.uk4. Our social pages were registered a while ago but we have only recently launched the main site etcAny further questions please get in touch via the site.Thanks!

ligitimate << may help you gain credibility if you spell checked before posting, just sayin'

Banned

No problem at all Spark!
    Yes harlzter you are correct.. shame HUKD doesn't include one.

Original Poster

selltocom

No problem at all Spark!Yes harlzter you are correct.. shame HUKD doesn't … No problem at all Spark!Yes harlzter you are correct.. shame HUKD doesn't include one.

Your browser should include one though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions