has anybody ever had any luck with Amazon Customer Services?

Found 21st Dec 2017
You may have seen my other post about Amazon constantly blocking my account. They have now told me the problem should be fixed and as a precaution I purchased a top up with the amount of my order to see if it would go through. It did. of course now all the items in my order have gone UP in price. I dont see why I should have to pay extra for their mistake, so I contacted customer service who are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. They kept feeding the same line of "we can't amend prices on the website" even though they should just honour the original order.

What do you guys reckon I should do as I now have a top up on my account for the amount of my previous order. The difference in price is around £50 for the exact same items. I really dont think I should have to pay this as its not my mistake.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Are you buying items you don't have enough money in the bank for? Amazon holds items if they don't go through and you can "revise payment" if you do this within 12-24 hrs it's normally gonna let you get the item at the price you ordered it for... but if a day or more passes then the price could change they don't have to sell you the items at the previous cheaper price.
Touch wood I've never had an issues with them and used to loads over the years, they've always credited my account for boo boo's.
If your not in a rush for the items I'd hang fire and they'll be back on offer same with all items.
Hope you get sorted though
Have you tried live chat, Ive used it a few times to good success. Failing that send a strongly worded email to their Cs team, they usually are quite good at resolving stuff.
Edited by: "MichyM" 21st Dec 2017
Snakeyes64635 m ago

Are you buying items you don't have enough money in the bank for? Amazon …Are you buying items you don't have enough money in the bank for? Amazon holds items if they don't go through and you can "revise payment" if you do this within 12-24 hrs it's normally gonna let you get the item at the price you ordered it for... but if a day or more passes then the price could change they don't have to sell you the items at the previous cheaper price.

There is enough money in my account. I can't get the items at the correct amount because they cancelled my previous order due to "suspicious activity". There was no suspicious activity on my account and now it's working again however when trying to order the same items again the prices have gone up. I think they should honour the previous prices as that's the price I ordered at originally and they cancelled my order through no fault of my own
ChristopherJZ53 m ago

There is enough money in my account. I can't get the items at the correct …There is enough money in my account. I can't get the items at the correct amount because they cancelled my previous order due to "suspicious activity". There was no suspicious activity on my account and now it's working again however when trying to order the same items again the prices have gone up. I think they should honour the previous prices as that's the price I ordered at originally and they cancelled my order through no fault of my own

Maybe talk to your bank, they would only cancel due to suspicious activity if your bank hasnt allowed something to go through?

it's just a suggestion as I have no idea how it's doing that, I agree though that if your trying to get the same items after they cancelled and not you, you should get the original prices but can't see them doing that.
I've just had a £23 refund from them. The item I had only just received went down in price, having been at a static price for months. I initially rang CS, but got no joy, over than a one month extension on my Prime. I then emailed CS explaining situation. They advised to return item and reorder. I just told them the item was a gift and was no longer in my possession. They then offered the refund.

In short, I find the telephone advisers not much help. The email team are much better, with a little bit of polite persuasion.
As MitchyM said try live chat they have always been excellent with me... are you a prime customer?
I normally get excellent customer service.

On the positive side, you would have been pleased if they had stopped genuine suspicious activity.
hottoast15 h, 47 m ago

I normally get excellent customer service.On the positive side, you would …I normally get excellent customer service.On the positive side, you would have been pleased if they had stopped genuine suspicious activity.

No, that's my bank's job.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants