Has anybody got a recent experience with Sennheiser repairs?

Posted 3rd JanEdited by:"gorgo2015"
The right speaker of my HD 280 has just died on me. I've had these cans for less than 6 months.

Has anybody gone through repairs with Sennheiser? Will they repair the cans for free? I bought them from Sennheiser onlie and they were not refurbs.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Should still be under warranty so it will be free
tallpete3303/01/2020 16:07

Should still be under warranty so it will be free

OPs product was sold by a company based in southern Ireland so presumably not subject to UK consumer legislation. The supplier's t&c states "You may have the benefit of a manufacturer's, licensor's or supplier's warranty with the Products supplied and you should refer to the relevant documentation supplied with the Product or Service in this regard" so maybe OP could indicate what the documentation supplied with the headphones states about supplier and/or manufacturer warranty servicing.
AndyRoyd03/01/2020 16:34

OPs product was sold by a company based in southern Ireland so presumably …OPs product was sold by a company based in southern Ireland so presumably not subject to UK consumer legislation. The supplier's t&c states "You may have the benefit of a manufacturer's, licensor's or supplier's warranty with the Products supplied and you should refer to the relevant documentation supplied with the Product or Service in this regard" so maybe OP could indicate what the documentation supplied with the headphones states about supplier and/or manufacturer warranty servicing.

I read is as Sennheiser online, maybe it was a typo
It has been a while (years), but Sennheiser have on two occasions replaced faulty ear/headphones (< £100 peasant grade ones) for me with brand new retail boxed ones that shipped all they way from Germany after I had returned the faulty ones to a UK address.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 3rd Jan
tallpete3303/01/2020 17:13

No typo, the supplier is DRI based in Shannon.
tallpete3303/01/2020 17:13

It's "online" indeed. I did correct the typo but for some reason it was not updated.

The company is in fact "Digital River Ireland Ltd.".

In the meantime, I got an email from Sennheiser and they wrote: "You will need to cover the cost of postage back to us. For warranty repairs, all other costs will be taken care of by us."

I hope they'll send me a new one. I'm still crossed that a Sennheiser has broken in less than 6 months. It wasn't the top model, but still it cost me about £80.

Is it cheaper to send it by Royal Mail or Hermes?
Edited by: "gorgo2015" 3rd Jan
gorgo201503/01/2020 17:56

..."You will need to cover the cost of postage back to us..."

Is that "back" to Ireland ?
AndyRoyd03/01/2020 19:29

Is that "back" to Ireland ?

No, it's an address in Surrey. It'll probably cost me only £6-8 to send it, but I'm so disappointed with Sennheiser, I won't buy from them again. I expected top-notch quality. Maybe that was 30 years ago.
gorgo201503/01/2020 17:56

...Is it cheaper to send it by Royal Mail or Hermes?

To a UK address with £80 cover likely RM at £8.70 medium parcel Special Delivery, unless one of the parcel brokers has particularly cheap compensation on offer. £80 cover for Hermes via p2g is £4.80 plus the cost of shipping.
I bought some HD 598s about 3 or 4 years ago. After about a year and a half, the leather like material on the headband started cracking. A couple of months later I finally bothered to send them in for repair. They ended up replacing them with a newer model the HD 598SR. {same headphone but with updated headband design plus an inline button for use with portable devices. Why anyone would use open backed headphones on a portable device is beyond me. Lol)

. I was given the direct landline number of the person assigned to fix my head phones.

Very good service in my experience.

Note. the repair was requested within the 2 year warranty period.
Edited by: "Quattro3" 15th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions