Expired

Has anybody had passport photos refused as quality of photo not good enough?

Found 12th Dec 2013
Back in May someone on here suggested using idphoto4you.com to do your passport photos. I am just about to send my renewal form off and the notes say photos printed at home are unlikely to be of good enough quality. That's news to me. Anybody been told their photos don't meet their quality standards (not the normal no smile bla bla stuff but pixel related I suppose standards)

1. Ask
  2. Photo
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Photo
10 Comments

Banned

My mum has always used home printed photo's for ID's never had them refused. Just make sure you are in good lighting etc and using a decent camera/printer and quality paper.
Edited by: "Holly1985" 12th Dec 2013

I had some returned some years ago because the background was not within the requirents! There are machines in the big post offices that guarantee they will be accepted for quality and background. Got to be worth a fiver to be sure

Original Poster

Holly1985

My mum has always used home printed photo's for ID's never had them … My mum has always used home printed photo's for ID's never had them removed. Just make sur you are in good lighting etc and using a decent camera/printer and quality paper.

Thanks for that. I didn't know if this was a new rule or not. The photo on my current one is rubbish. I must admit the new photo I'm about to send isn't fantastic but I don't know how high their standards are in practice.

To be honest, I used a passport photo booth and also used the check and send service with Post office but still had them refused by Passport office! We were in a right pickle as it was close to travel date. I have also used home ones and had no problem. Just pay attention to the examples regarding background and lighting and I'm sure you'll be fine. If you're not in a hurry then you have a bit of a safety net if they aren't excepted but In my opinion you may as well save a few quid and do them yourself as nothing is guaranteed!

Original Poster

mosskeeto

I had some returned some years ago because the background was not within … I had some returned some years ago because the background was not within the requirents! There are machines in the big post offices that guarantee they will be accepted for quality and background. Got to be worth a fiver to be sure

Thanks for the advice. What I might do is ask at the post office if they think mine are good enough.

Original Poster

ripoffh8er

To be honest, I used a passport photo booth and also used the check and … To be honest, I used a passport photo booth and also used the check and send service with Post office but still had them refused by Passport office! We were in a right pickle as it was close to travel date. I have also used home ones and had no problem. Just pay attention to the examples regarding background and lighting and I'm sure you'll be fine. If you're not in a hurry then you have a bit of a safety net if they aren't excepted but In my opinion you may as well save a few quid and do them yourself as nothing is guaranteed!

Thanks for that. Sounds like a lottery! If they aren't happy do they send it all back or do they just wait for you to send more photos?

If I remember right we just got a letter saying the photo wasn't up to scratch. I ended up going to a photographer for the photos and sending them special delivery to get them there quickly. I did get a refund from the Post office check and send and from Tesco for the photo booth but it was all such stress. I think we got my sons passport through the day before we went away!

Original Poster

ripoffh8er

If I remember right we just got a letter saying the photo wasn't up to … If I remember right we just got a letter saying the photo wasn't up to scratch. I ended up going to a photographer for the photos and sending them special delivery to get them there quickly. I did get a refund from the Post office check and send and from Tesco for the photo booth but it was all such stress. I think we got my sons passport through the day before we went away!

How awful. Fortunately mine expires in April and not going away til May so time should be OK.

You'll be fine then - use your own I'm sure they'll be ok. Happy Christmas!

Original Poster

ripoffh8er

You'll be fine then - use your own I'm sure they'll be ok. Happy … You'll be fine then - use your own I'm sure they'll be ok. Happy Christmas!

Thank you ... and may all your flamedeer be gold
Post a comment
@
    Text