Has anybody tried cashback redemption via mobiles.co.uk

Posted 4th Jun
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
Yes. Bought the Pixel 3 XL 18 months ago. Very easy to claim cashback. Just need your order number, bill and a few other details each time you make a claim. They reply back quickly and they've made every payment back without any fuss.
Edited by: "AgentSmith" 4th Jun
AgentSmith04/06/2020 14:22

Yes. Bought the Pixel 3 XL 18 months ago. Very easy to claim cashback. …Yes. Bought the Pixel 3 XL 18 months ago. Very easy to claim cashback. Just need your order number, bill and a few other details each time you make a claim. They reply back quickly and they've made every payment back without any fuss.

Any probs with cheque clearance?
Online submission never works for me, so I had to send a print out of my bill via the post (I sent it tracked £2.06).
ChelseaRae04/06/2020 15:07

Online submission never works for me, so I had to send a print out of my …Online submission never works for me, so I had to send a print out of my bill via the post (I sent it tracked £2.06).

That would have cost some money itself...

Online submission never works for me, so I had to send a print out of my …Online submission never works for me, so I had to send a print out of my bill via the post (I sent it tracked £2.06).

dave.richardsonskV04/06/2020 15:23

Yes £2.06
fearona04/06/2020 15:36

Wow so much hassle, best not save that few hundred ££££ lol

Depends
I'm on my 2nd 12 month contract with them and never had a problem claiming during the 1st one. 2nd time round though I've not been so lucky, there was a delay with them sending out the 1st cheque, I chased it up, they said they'd sent it but 28 days later still no sign. So chased again and they told me the 1st chase up hadn't been actioned!

So they had to chase again but they wouldn't fast track it so I had to wait another 28 days for it to arrive :-(

I vowed at that point that I would never use them again and so wouldn't recommend them either
dave.richardsonskV04/06/2020 14:40

Any probs with cheque clearance?

No historical problems, just we aware that if the trader goes out of business then you'll be kissing goodbye to any remaining / unpaid cashback. Not that any company is struggling ATM.
Any cynics can ask previous redemption cashback customers of phones4u for their experience.
AndyRoyd04/06/2020 16:55

No historical problems, just we aware that if the trader goes out of …No historical problems, just we aware that if the trader goes out of business then you'll be kissing goodbye to any remaining / unpaid cashback. Not that any company is struggling ATM.Any cynics can ask previous redemption cashback customers of phones4u for their experience.

Ya Dixon's carphone might be ok

I’ve just bought through them, hope I have better luck with the online submissions
did this a few years ago and it was fine.
JumpMan198004/06/2020 18:14

I’ve just bought through them, hope I have better luck with the online s …I’ve just bought through them, hope I have better luck with the online submissions

In the same boat keep us posted pls
dave.richardsonskV04/06/2020 15:23

I sent two bills at the same time and will do the same for the remaining bills. It’s a little more hassle however the alternative is losing out on a considerable amount more cashback than what postage costs so it is what it is!
Edited by: "ChelseaRae" 4th Jun
JumpMan198004/06/2020 18:14

I’ve just bought through them, hope I have better luck with the online s …I’ve just bought through them, hope I have better luck with the online submissions

Fingers crossed for you, MJ! For me, when I go to upload, the submit button remains dimmed even when I’ve uploaded the bill, so I can’t upload it. Have tried changing the bill format and using my laptop as opposed to phone, but no joy.
ChelseaRae04/06/2020 22:22

Fingers crossed for you, MJ! For me, when I go to upload, the submit …Fingers crossed for you, MJ! For me, when I go to upload, the submit button remains dimmed even when I’ve uploaded the bill, so I can’t upload it. Have tried changing the bill format and using my laptop as opposed to phone, but no joy.

You have a laptop & a phone Somebody's doing well
Edited by: "JumpMan1980" 5th Jun
Very easy cashback upload pdfs of bills and paid by BACS. I have used them for years and got great deals.
Is there a guide somewhere which shows the different methods companies use to pay cashback? I'm thinking mobiles.co.uk, affordable, fonehouse, etc and post claims vs online, cheque vs BACS, etc.

Grateful for any help or pointers.

[Edit]

Fonehouse: "Claiming is easy, you just need to login to your account section on the website and fill in a simple claim form. All claims will be paid by cheque (within 30 days of approval) and sent to the address provided on the original order." Fonehouse also does BACS (if you give them your bank details) according to @smartbuddyhere)

Mobiles.co.uk: "Cashback by redemption means we pay you back your discount in equal instalments (not all in one go) at set points throughout your contract while Automatic cashback means we will automatically process your cheque for you. Please allow 38 working days for your cheque to arrive."
1. Upload bill online, through My Account
2. Allow 28 working days to receive your cashback paid by cheque
".

Affordable Mobiles
Guaranteed Cashback is automatically paid to your bank account by BACS 99 days from the day order is shipped.
Cashback by Redemption Claim by sending PDF copy of airtime bills via email and is paid into your bank account by BACS, usually 28 days after your claim is accepted.
Edited by: "usenetz" 26th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants