Expired

Has anybody tried sofaland.com before?

Found 23rd Feb 2014
I want to get a good set of leather sofa for a friend of mine, sofaland.com seem to have some interesting looking ones with some claimed to be made of genuine cow hide leather. Has anybody purchased something from sofaland before? Reviews on amazon are scary, but they have 8.6 out of 10 on trustpilot.com, 7.9 on homestars.com and 100% from 3868 ebay reviews. What do you folks think?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I got mine from there last February and I've had to have 11 repairs done so far, the leather is terrible quality and keeps splitting!!! when I rang them after the first 3 repairs and asked for an exchange as the leather was obviously defective they flat out refused!!! I have had to take out the extended 5 year warranty at an extra cost of 150 pounds to ensure that when it happens again, which it most certainly will, it will get repaired!!! I would definitely stear clear!!!
If your leather is splitting they have not used genuine leather, they have probably used a poorer hide called " splits" or its called Bi - Cast, if its the latter then its not real leather as in a full hide! its left overs mulched together then glued and plastic coated
ltlangel

I got mine from there last February and I've had to have 11 repairs done … I got mine from there last February and I've had to have 11 repairs done so far, the leather is terrible quality and keeps splitting!!! when I rang them after the first 3 repairs and asked for an exchange as the leather was obviously defective they flat out refused!!! I have had to take out the extended 5 year warranty at an extra cost of 150 pounds to ensure that when it happens again, which it most certainly will, it will get repaired!!! I would definitely stear clear!!!

Oh my, that is horrible! If it's not too much to ask, could you tell me the range you bought off them?
if you want value for money then look elsewhere as the only thing you get from sofa land is grief after the have your money they deny everything just cannot admit that something has been done wrong IN OTHER WORDS A GOOD NAME WOULD SOFALIES
The sofa I bought has same problem. Is not leather. Split. Was replaced but warrantee said now to be invalid due to exclusion I was not even told about. Do not buy here
Sale of goods act states it must be fit for purpose, if you have the warranty do not contact the store contact the warranty company, Sofaland are rubbish and will blag you off
Oh, I forgot to let you guys know what happened. After checking with you guys, my friend still wanted to give their sofa a try. First day it arrived, he noticed it was very cold to touch, so he unzipped one of the cushions and realised the material used isn't top grain genuine leather as described on their website, it was actually bicast leather a.k.a split leather i.e "Bicast leather is made from split leather which is then laminated with a polyethylene top layer. It has been made available thanks to modern technology, which lets leather be split into a number of layers. The layers used to make bicast leather are of very inferior quality, which, without the coating, may not be of any use at all.After the polyethylene coating is applied, grain patterns are embossed into the surface to make it look more leather-like.While bicast leather furniture may look like leather at first glance, you will find that it does not behave like leather. For one thing, it does not develop leather's suppleness or patina with time. You may find that it may have a strong chemical smell at first, which dissipates after a while. It may look like leather, and you may find plenty of color choices, but the grain might appear too even. Bicast leather may also be prone to splitting and cracking".
Long story short, he sent them a letter using a template recommended by the Consumer Advise Service and he got his full refund including delivery charges back.
Just like the others have already said, steer clear of these vile deceitful pirates!
sofaland are scammers & do not buy stay clear from them !!!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants