Has anybody used Armstead Trade Vinyl Matt

Found 4th May 2015
Community Updates
AskVinyl
10 Comments
Yep. Our hallway ceiling was done with it. Didn't use it personally but our decorator said it was excellent!
Oh and the second bedroom ceiling too. We only have two bedrooms, we don't have a big house
Many thanks for the reply

If a tradesman thinks its good, thats better than 100 weekend DIYers that have only experience with DIY shed products
janz70

Many thanks for the reply If a tradesman thinks its good, thats better … Many thanks for the reply If a tradesman thinks its good, thats better than 100 weekend DIYers that have only experience with DIY shed products

But you asked on a money saving website anyway....
kjcoolcat

But you asked on a money saving website anyway....

Yes, well observed and your point is what exactly that no tradesmen use this site ?
I value the opinion of a qualified professional who has used a multitude of products over someone who paints a wall once every 2 or three years with the cheapest **** they can buy
Armistead is the new name for Glidden which is Dulux's budget trade paint brand. It was very popular as the quality was excellent and for a much lower price. It changed name as it got to the point where Glidden was getting too popular at the expense of the much more expensive (and profitable) Dulux Trade brand.
janz70

Yes, well observed and your point is what exactly that no tradesmen use … Yes, well observed and your point is what exactly that no tradesmen use this site ?I value the opinion of a qualified professional who has used a multitude of products over someone who paints a wall once every 2 or three years with the cheapest **** they can buy

well it wouldn't be the first website of choice to reach out to qualified tradesmen would it!? joker.

you are on a moneysaving website, there are loads of people that are going to claim to be professionals, that are not.. but hey, you know best

kjcoolcat

well it wouldn't be the first website of choice to reach out to qualified … well it wouldn't be the first website of choice to reach out to qualified tradesmen would it!? joker.you are on a moneysaving website, there are loads of people that are going to claim to be professionals, that are not.. but hey, you know bestwell it wouldn't be the first website of choice to reach out to qualified tradesmen would it!? joker.you are on a moneysaving website, there are loads of people that are going to claim to be professionals, that are not.. but hey, you know best

Don't take the bait Janz she's a professional troll !
TDog123

well it wouldn't be the first website of choice to reach out to qualified … well it wouldn't be the first website of choice to reach out to qualified tradesmen would it!? joker.you are on a moneysaving website, there are loads of people that are going to claim to be professionals, that are not.. but hey, you know bestwell it wouldn't be the first website of choice to reach out to qualified tradesmen would it!? joker.you are on a moneysaving website, there are loads of people that are going to claim to be professionals, that are not.. but hey, you know best

Don't take the bait Janz she's a professional troll ![/quote

I know, 1 post in 4 years but 1000 comments - to much time to waste in his/her sad little life
Edited by: "janz70" 15th May 2015
A bit of a late addition to this page but I figured as I stumbled across it someone else might.

Armstead is indeed excellent, I've done entire houses in it with no trouble. I would still prefer Dulux trade as a product. It covers (slightly) better and is more resilient to a late roll over.

If you're DIY then I'd definitely go with Armstead as it'll save you a bundle. But the saving advantage is lost if you're paying someone else to put on an extra coat because the first one didn't quite cover up.

Oh and Dulux in the DIY sheds is a very different product to the trade stuff which is massively better quality and harder wearing.

And to the troll... Yes I am a trader.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants