Has anyone been able to remove Virgin PCguard from their computer??

12 replies
Found 5th May 2009
Hi

I am having loads of problems with the Virgin media pc guard and i need to get rid of it on my computer.

It seems to save everywhere and as my internet connection isn't working at home & i've quickly logged on at work I can't seem to find the removal tool anywhere. I have even tried downloading the anti-virus package again and then uninstalling it but it won't let me download it , some kind of error msg appears.

Does anyone know how to remove it? I have tried going to add/remove programs and its not letting me remove it. I need the removal tool or something.

Can anyone help? Thank you

12 Comments

Original Poster

Thank you. Are these free to use?

yes... revo is free
think ashampoo as well

Original Poster

I have tried the above and they can't uninstall it either!

When i go into add/remove programs and click on remove i get this message

"Radial point security services install has encountered a problem & needs to close"

I have tried to download it again and i get this message

"The failed to start correctly, if you recently activated the, please restart your computer to complete the activation. if problem persists re-install Freedom"

I have called Virgin, who are crap & don't want to give me any help, they are saying it is an issue with my PC.

Anyone else had this problem? How can i remove it?

Can you remove it while you're in safe mode?

Original Poster

No it won't let me do that either.

I'm running out of options

Original Poster

How strange!

I just tried to download that, & i went through the download wizard, and clicked on finish at the end but then nothing appeared.

I don't know if it downloaded or where it saved to. I just feel like throwing my pc out the window!! lol

chezza840;5128940

How strange!I just tried to download that, & i went through the download … How strange!I just tried to download that, & i went through the download wizard, and clicked on finish at the end but then nothing appeared.I don't know if it downloaded or where it saved to. I just feel like throwing my pc out the window!! lol

Try getting the file from Microsoft direct : :thumbsup:

download.microsoft.com/dow…exe

Original Poster

That didn't work either

]http//ww…rd/

Quote from the above page

" How do I cancel PCguard Total or uninstall PCguard?
To cancel PCguard Total or downgrade your Broadband service, please call our Customer Care team - you'll find the right number Contact us section of our website"

Call 150 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

PC Guard Tech Help page:

]http//ww…php

Taken from the above page:
The following application may conflict with the installation of PCguard:

McAfee
Norton
Symantec
LiveUpdate *
LiveReg *
Panda
AVG
PC-cillin
Ad Aware
Pop-up blockers
Anti-Virus software
Firewall software
Anti-Spyware software
Applications that may contain spyware (e.g. Kaaza, Grokster, Net.Net, Hotbar)

Please consult the help files within the conflicting software for advice on how to uninstall it.

*Live Update and Live Reg must be removed only if Norton Security products such as Anti-Virus or System Works are installed. There is no conflict with other (non-security) Symantec products, such as Pcanywhere, Password Manager, Ghost, and Clean Sweep.

If you have PCguard and want to check whether a program is conflicting with it:

1.Shutdown Radialpoint Security Services by clicking File, then Exit.
2.Select Start and then select Programs.
3.From the Programs menu, select Radialpoint Security Services, then click on Diagnostic Utility.
4.Click on Conflict Detector.
5.If a conflicting application is found, click on Uninstall.
Conflict Detector will launch the conflicting application's Setup Wizard. You can then uninstall the chosen software.

Original Poster

Hi Bev, i did ring 150 and spoke to a girl who could hardly speak english and who was not helpful at all!! She basically blamed it all on my PC, and said there was nothing she could do!

So they give you something for free, that totally knackers up your PC, but when it don't work properly and totally messes up your computer they couldn't care less.

The quicker i get rid of Virgin Media the better! They were the same when our internet weren't working, they wouldn't send out an engineer and expected me to unscrew the box off the wall myself to find out what the problem was!!
Anyway rant over lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Christmas presents48
    2. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage44
    3. Want to sell on DLC ebay45
    4. Charge Back From A Betting Account1010

See more discussions