Groups

Has anyone been camping at Drayton Manor?

Hi,

Has anyone been camping at Drayton Manor?

Is the pub onsite open at night?

are any of the food outlets open in the evening?

Do you get a discount on the park tickets if you are camping? how much?

35 Comments

Hi,

I stayed in my caravan there last September. We did get discount on entry but I also had some
    two for one vouchers with me which worked out at a better deal.
    The bar was open when we stayed, but it was a Friday & Saturday night. Can't comment on food, but should imagine that once the Park shuts so do the food outlets. Tamworth is nearby, so plenty of places to eat.
    As far as camping is concerned when we were there the site was basic with no set pitches, no electric and toilets & showers are very basic.

Don't let this put you off as the beauty of staying there is you're there when it opens/closes and you can come and go as you please during the day...

Regards
    akastiggy :thumbsup:

iirc, its cheaper pre-booking at £22 each then using Camping Discounts if you get any.. Also, atm DM have entry for £19per person using their Facebook Voucher

Chippy, McDonalds, KFC, Chinese, Curry, Asda, Sainsbury's all within a mile. Some nice pubs within a mile too.

Not sure about the camping as I can almost see it from my house (although the family have still said they'd like to do it).

Original Poster

We dont live far away, which is why I've never camped there before. My sister and brother in law have just bought a tent and have a 1 year old so they want to camp somewhere close to home to try it for the first time, and have asked us to go with them. I am hoping that the pub will be open to sit outside and have a couple of drinks on the night

Banned

greg_68;8924559

Chippy, McDonalds, KFC, Chinese, Curry, Asda, Sainsbury's all within a … Chippy, McDonalds, KFC, Chinese, Curry, Asda, Sainsbury's all within a mile. Some nice pubs within a mile too.Not sure about the camping as I can almost see it from my house (although the family have still said they'd like to do it).

greg is there anywhere local to stay near the park, as in walking distance? i dont drive and daughter would like to go

sassie;8924621

greg is there anywhere local to stay near the park, as in walking … greg is there anywhere local to stay near the park, as in walking distance? i dont drive and daughter would like to go

if you mean stay as in "hotel/Bnb" then im sure they will be.... we went last month and as you turn (left) out the park and follow the road to Frazley, about 400 yrds on the left, there seems to be what looks likle a little canal boat mooring and a few tents were pitched last time we past

Sure Greg would confir

Ask here.......... facebook.com/hom…php ... should get a swift reply.

Banned

Disco;8924643

if you mean stay as in "hotel/Bnb" then im sure they will be.... we went … if you mean stay as in "hotel/Bnb" then im sure they will be.... we went last month and as you turn (left) out the park and follow the road to Frazley, about 400 yrds on the left, there seems to be what looks likle a little canal boat mooring and a few tents were pitched last time we pastSure Greg would confirm

yes did mean hotel/B&B :thumbsup:

sassie;8924657

yes did mean hotel/B&B :thumbsup:

nearest TL is only 3 miles away. How are you getting to Drayton from Home?

Banned

Disco;8924709

nearest TL is only 3 miles away. How are you getting to Drayton from … nearest TL is only 3 miles away. How are you getting to Drayton from Home?

what is TL? :oops:

Would have to be train/buses

Original Poster

TL = Travel lodge sass

Banned

caz1cool;8924824

TL = Travel lodge sass

ooopps thanks :oops:

caz1cool;8924824

TL = Travel lodge sass

thanks Cazz. Wheres home

Original Poster

sass, this is very close to drayton manor, not sure what they charge, perhaps give them a call?
    draytoncourthotel.co.uk/

There is a Holiday inn express and a Premier inn (with a very nice Beefeater pub) about 1-2 miles away. The Hloiday Inn is connected to the Snowdome so you could go there too if you wanted.

These are around a mile form the train station.

Don't see many B&B's in Tamworth other than the one above.

Original Poster

went to drayton manor yesterday afternoon and drove past the drayton court hotel, it is literally 500m away from the entrance gate to the park so would be ideal for you sass

You could always stay in Birmingham and get the bus to Drayton Manor. Gives more choice for places to stay and also gives you a day in and around Birmingham.

Banned

greg_68;8929508

There is a Holiday inn express and a Premier inn (with a very nice … There is a Holiday inn express and a Premier inn (with a very nice Beefeater pub) about 1-2 miles away. The Hloiday Inn is connected to the Snowdome so you could go there too if you wanted.These are around a mile form the train station.Don't see many B&B's in Tamworth other than the one above.

thanks greg :thumbsup:
    caz1cool;8929988

went to drayton manor yesterday afternoon and drove past the drayton … went to drayton manor yesterday afternoon and drove past the drayton court hotel, it is literally 500m away from the entrance gate to the park so would be ideal for you sass

looks a bit posh for a group of young girls and probably expensive, think they probs end up going for the day by train :thumbsup:

greg_68;8929508

There is a Holiday inn express and a Premier inn (with a very nice … There is a Holiday inn express and a Premier inn (with a very nice Beefeater pub) about 1-2 miles away. The Hloiday Inn is connected to the Snowdome so you could go there too if you wanted.These are around a mile form the train station.Don't see many B&B's in Tamworth other than the one above.

its only 2.5miles from Tamworth Station (best mainline station as Virgin/Crosscountry etc stop there. Taxi to DM would only be around £5.00

Where do you live sass? - and when are you thinking off going. Upto July 23rd, its only £19per person for entry (using Voucher)

Banned

Disco;8930061

its only 2.5miles from Tamworth Station (best mainline station as … its only 2.5miles from Tamworth Station (best mainline station as Virgin/Crosscountry etc stop there. Taxi to DM would only be around £5.00Where do you live sass?

shrewsbury, think they will see if they can get a train there and back, rather than staying over

sassie;8930067

shrewsbury, think they will see if they can get a train there and back, … shrewsbury, think they will see if they can get a train there and back, rather than staying over

How many are going I'll see what I can find train/price wise :thumbsup:

Banned

Disco;8930081

How many are going I'll see what I can find train/price wise :thumbsup:

i have no idea, that sort of thing isnt planned to last minute, but thank you, do you know if you can go direct from here to there, or do you have to change, sorry being really idle :oops:

Maybe cheaper to hire a mini bus, the day is yours then and not tied to timetables etc.

Have you looked to see if a local coach firm does day trips to DM?

Banned

greg_68;8930093

Maybe cheaper to hire a mini bus, the day is yours then and not tied to … Maybe cheaper to hire a mini bus, the day is yours then and not tied to timetables etc.

trouble is they all say yes then half drop out, etc,etc and wont pay till the day blah, blah, blah, so although sounds a good idea it proabably isnt for them, most of them its like trying to get blood out of a stone

greg_68;8930093

Have you looked to see if a local coach firm does day trips to DM?

hadnt thought of that, will look into it, thanks

Train from £12.70 return Shrewsbury to Tamworth (VIA) Brum New Street... but that would get you to D/Manor til 11:30 using Taxi from Tamworth Station.

Another option is 07:47 from Shrews, arriving at 09:38 (station), or 07:31, arriving at 09:06, but this will cost you £22.80 which is still a canny price.

Its only 50mile from Home to D/Manor, or an extra 14 (ie: 64), if using train. As Greg said, ask about a mini bus, and take a small deposit from those wishing to go. Not sure how much that would cost, but based on a 15 seater, the train would cost £195 (£13 x 15) at the lowest train fare, or £354 (£23 x 15) at the higher.

Banned

thank you disco, will speak to her about it, thanks for all your help, rep left for ya all xx

if it isnt that far and only a few want to go it maybe cheaper and better to find a friend that drives to drop them off and pick them up, its less than an hour away surely

and sorry to caz, didnt mean to take over your thread :oops:

Straight down the M54 and M6 toll (if you don't mind paying) in an hour easy.

Banned

greg_68;8930232

Straight down the M54 and M6 toll (if you don't mind paying) in an hour … Straight down the M54 and M6 toll (if you don't mind paying) in an hour easy.

would it be much fun for an 8 yr old, or is it geared towards the older ones? may even go with them and let them have their day there together and me and the little guy could do our own thing

sassie;8930235

would it be much fun for an 8 yr old, or is it geared towards the older … would it be much fun for an 8 yr old, or is it geared towards the older ones? may even go with them and let them have their day there together and me and the little guy could do our own thing

you have Thomasland there which is included in the price, and a few rides for children as well... draytonmanor.co.uk/Par…spx will give you an idea of rides etc.

there is also the 4d Cinema (currently showing Happy Feat) and obviously your 8 year old would love the Zoo. Its a brill day. Also, Tesco Vouchers are valid, so if you have £15.00 in Vouchers, get them redeemed for two x entry for your and your little one, making it even cheaper!

You could avoid the M6 toll (£5 each way iirc), you can use the "A" roads, but I think that will add around 20miles onto the journey each way.

Banned

thanks disco she probably tell me to naff off, she nearly 17 and i still worry to death about her :oops:

sassie;8930235

would it be much fun for an 8 yr old, or is it geared towards the older … would it be much fun for an 8 yr old, or is it geared towards the older ones? may even go with them and let them have their day there together and me and the little guy could do our own thing

There are rides for every age there, the best place I have ever been for the variety of ages. They will love it.

sassie;8930267

thanks disco she probably tell me to naff off, she nearly 17 and i still … thanks disco she probably tell me to naff off, she nearly 17 and i still worry to death about her :oops:

thought you said she was 8? ... Still, 8 or 17, there are plenty of things to do for both kids and adults alike. My 5 year old loves the pirate adventure (underground, gentle boat ride, amongst pirates, broken wrecks and sharks!)

Banned

greg_68;8930268

There are rides for every age there, the best place I have ever been for … There are rides for every age there, the best place I have ever been for the variety of ages. They will love it.

thanks greg :thumbsup:
    Disco;8930280

thought you said she was 8? ... Still, 8 or 17, there are plenty of … thought you said she was 8? ... Still, 8 or 17, there are plenty of things to do for both kids and adults alike. My 5 year old loves the pirate adventure (underground, gentle boat ride, amongst pirates, broken wrecks and sharks!)

no she is nearly 17 and on about going with her friends, my son is 8

sassie;8930288

no she is nearly 17 and on about going with her friends, my son is 8

either way, both of them (and you) will have a great day out. Check out ]Maelstrom (scary scary ride), but my friends 13 year old loves it!

Banned

Disco;8930308

either way, both of them (and you) will have a great day out. Check out … either way, both of them (and you) will have a great day out. Check out ]Maelstrom (scary scary ride), but my friends 13 year old loves it!

OMG i dont do rides, i am petrified of them :oops:

sassie;8930360

OMG i dont do rides, i am petrified of them :oops:

would still be £19 entry (before July 23), or £22 pre-booked as DM states there are more than just rides you can enjoy whilst at the park (zoo, cinema, etc etc)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…912
      2. Whoop! Next Sale VIP Slots have been released55
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047067
      4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407239

See more discussions