Has anyone been camping in Swanage?

5 replies
Found 26th Jul 2010
Can you recommend any campsites? or has anyone been to Herston campsite and can give me a review?
Thanks

5 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone at all?

Banned

i went in a static when i was about 10?

nice place. camp site - it was on a hill. the wind blew a caravan off its mounts though.

bad times

bye

Went to Herston 2 yrs ago and can recommend.Nice big site,had just opened up new shower and toilet blocks(allways found them clean)and the clubhouse in the evenings was pretty good to.If you have any specific questions feel free to ask

Original Poster

ukwomble

Went to Herston 2 yrs ago and can recommend.Nice big site,had just opened … Went to Herston 2 yrs ago and can recommend.Nice big site,had just opened up new shower and toilet blocks(allways found them clean)and the clubhouse in the evenings was pretty good to.If you have any specific questions feel free to ask

Thank you, it's just the website is a bit vague and when I rang to ask price etc the line wasn't very good.
Are there any good places to eat locally? And is it ok for kids do you think? 2 & 5yr old? What sort of things are there to do around that way, anything you'd reccommend?
Thank you

Campsite is definately "child friendly" and the beaches are very nice,and not to far from the site.We didnt go on the nearby Steam Train,but have heard(and would imagine) kids would love this.There's also a very old castle nearby that you maybe interested in,think it was called "Corfe Castle).Your kids maybe a bit to young for this,but you see alot of children "Crabbing" just down from the beach,you can pick up a kit in many of the shops for around £4ish.In terms of eating out,to be honest we only did fish and chips when at the beach,then cooked when we got back to the campsite.Hope this helps,but as I said before,personally I'd be happy recommending both Swanage and the Campsite
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)96194
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769271
    3. Rewview sites22
    4. Add one, leave one game54315405

See more discussions