Has anyone been to lapland uk?

Just wondering if anyone has been to lapland uk? i know its really pricey but wondered if people think its worth it? My husband has cystic fibrosis and cant fly due to his health been bad at the mo - were all about making memories while we can - so just wondered if people think its worth the money xx

21 Comments

My friend went with her 6 & 4 year olds, two years in a row and love it. Also said expensive but worth it

went a couple of weeks ago. it us expensive, but I thought it was brilliant kids loved it too

Original Poster

it does seem allot for 3 1/2 hours, but think its the last year of my 9 year old believing - and this is the first christmas in 5years the hubby hasnt been on ivs, so kinda thinking i need to do it x

GO FOR IT...make some amazing memories

Original Poster

the sedge

went a couple of weeks ago. it us expensive, but I thought it was … went a couple of weeks ago. it us expensive, but I thought it was brilliant kids loved it too

Is everywhere covered in snow? x

Yeah fake snow sprayed in walkways which is thought arched trees. plus there is an ice rink which is included in price

Original Poster

ps thanks pookynuts - must be good to pay it 2 years in a row. x
cheers pink_elephant - thats my thoughts too x
thanks the sedge - everything ive read looks good - but its hard to tell well celebs endorse it as a few hundred to them is nothing lol xx

I've never even heard of this place, I'm off to take a look.

Original Poster

id not heard of it till the other day, if anyone knows of similar places please share x

We went to Santa's winter wonderland at Tamworth snowdome and really enjoyed that last year. snowdome.co.uk/san…nd/

Just looked at the Lapland site. It looks amazing however I think the Tamworth Snowdome is much better value for money.

Edited by: "sylviasmith944" 12th Dec 2016

more importantly how is the santa? will it convince a 9 year old that it's the real one

Original Poster

rubbishusername

more importantly how is the santa? will it convince a 9 year old that … more importantly how is the santa? will it convince a 9 year old that it's the real one

going on the photos he looks brilliant - as do the elves but his beard doesnt look real more like a really good fake one but he wears the traditional costume not the red and white http://www.laplanduk.co.uk/your-experience/gallery/

but that's just pictures. can anybody that's been comment on how convincing the Santa is

they have a few but the one we had was very good. you can also send them details of what important thingsyour child has done in the past week or so. my child couldn't believe what he knew he also has a big book with your child's name in etc. they get to decorate a gingerbread man, help santa to make some toys. we had a great time with great memories.

also they have elf money which you can purchase if you don't spend it you can change it back.

Original Poster

EEEEK Booked it!! Lifes too short to say what if (my bank balance hates that moto) xX
Edited by: "sarah25" 13th Dec 2016

Hi, I know this question has been answered, but can I add a recommendation for rovemini finland if you do go. I have been to 3 other Santa flight destinations (for work) and Rov (IMHO) was the best place to visit.
Would I spend my own hard earned to go? No, you could probably get a day trip to a European Christmas market plus 5 days Skiing for the same price and effect. On the other side of the coin, I've seen plenty of happy faces on the return flight. Also be aware that the climate, even at this time of the year, varies between -15 in brilliant sun to -1 is drizzly rain and the weather can make or break one of these trips.

Original Poster

Would love to go to the real deal, but unfortunately my hubbys lung function is too low to fly and the climate would be no good and the cost lol, this will hopefully be a great compromise

have a good time Sarah sure you'll love it

Curious to find out whether it lived up to expectations.

Was it any good? looking for something for 2017.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions