Groups

Has anyone been to Maldives in September

hi, thinking of booking a trip to Maldives in september, has anyone been there in September, if so what was the weather like as i think it is still the 'rainy' season then.

But i want to hear from anyone's experience

5 Comments

We went last year, last week in Aug & 1st week in Sep. We only had a couple of days of rain, although it did rain during the night on 3 or 4 occasions. To be honest, the rain makes a pleasant break from the heat. Most hotels provide umbrellas in the guests' huts, but we preferred walking in the rain.

Original Poster

cis_groupie

We went last year, last week in Aug & 1st week in Sep. We only had a … We went last year, last week in Aug & 1st week in Sep. We only had a couple of days of rain, although it did rain during the night on 3 or 4 occasions. To be honest, the rain makes a pleasant break from the heat. Most hotels provide umbrellas in the guests' huts, but we preferred walking in the rain.

Can I ask where you stayed and what it was like please.

We went to Meeru for 2 weeks, but ended up on Veligandu for 4 days of those 2 weeks.

Veligandu was laid back, quiet, & a perfect place to relax & destress:

veliganduisland.com/

Meeru was busier as there were a lot more people on it than Veligandu, but the island was big enough to make it seem uncrowded:

meeru.com

Of the two islands Veligandu was my favourite, but I really enjoyed Meeru - Veligandu was good for 4 days of peace & quiet, & Meeru was good for having more to do.

Original Poster

we are thinking of going to meeru with the kids (2 & 4)

There's a very good, and very friendly, forum written by those that have been:

meeru.co.uk

You will find answers to any questions that you might have (and many that you never thought of asking!); any questions you have will be answered quite quickly.

One piece of advice that I would give is to ignore whatever arguments there are for/against beach shoes and make sure you each have a pair (or if not beach shoes then flip flops). Not all the paths are smooth sand, and the wooden boarding can get very hot as the day goes on.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047192
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767477
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691425
      4. word association Game74044579

See more discussions