Expired

Has anyone bought a DVD from DVD WorldUK?

24 replies
Found 22nd Jul 2014
Was looking to buy Frozen on DVD and came across this site. I’ve never heard of the site before and want to make sure it is genuine before I make a purchase.

Has anyone out there purchased any DVD’s from them?

dvdworlduk.co.uk/cat…217

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
24 Comments

I've been looking at them too as they seem to have some good prices. Nothing that I can find on their website identifies who they are (which I'm pretty sure is a legal requirement in UK).

But a whois lookup gives an address in Thailand and the domain was only registered a month ago.

I'm going elsewhere.

Original Poster

RobWeeks

I've been looking at them too as they seem to have some good prices. … I've been looking at them too as they seem to have some good prices. Nothing that I can find on their website identifies who they are (which I'm pretty sure is a legal requirement in UK). But a whois lookup gives an address in Thailand and the domain was only registered a month ago.I'm going elsewhere.

Thanks mate...

I think I'll also give them a miss

I bought Frozen it finally arrived but only for use in USA & Canada emailed them but no response back

do not use them, i have ordered disney films from them stating they are classic but when i received them they had chinese writing on the case and the images looked as if they had been photo copied and there is not hologram, also the case was not like the blue disney cases, i have messaged them few times and heard nothing so i have put a dispute in with paypal

Do not use. Delivery takes minimum 2 weeks. Delivery comes from Thailand and the DVDs look like Pirate copies. I bought Frozen and it is in Thai language, with no settings menu to change it!

Don't use this site as I also bought frozen dvd and it was in thai language and no option for English and they don't reply to my emails, big scam please advise to stay clear!!!

Original Poster

Thanks - Defo going to sat away

Stay clear don`t reply to any emails. Suspect that DVDs are pirate copies.

Ok i too came across this site, I ordered frozen for my granddaughter. site stated it would despatch immediately, I received dvd yesterday only took 3 weeks to come from Thailand, looks like a copy as nothing about its cover or dvd looks original and then to top it off doesn't work........ trying to get money back now so stay clear !!!!!!!

I bought my daughter disney frozen dvd from this site and it came in a fake case and the dvd was clearly a pirate copy. No response from the company to my numerous emails either. However I have found that the dvd plays in English if you play through a games console (xbox) other than that it's in Thai. Definitely avoid this site it's a complete scam! I think they have also got another site called dvdhouse

I bought my daughter disney frozen dvd from this site and it came in a fake case and the dvd was clearly a pirate copy. No response from the company to my numerous emails either. However I have found that the dvd plays in English if you play through a games console (xbox) other than that it's in Thai. Definitely avoid this site it's a complete scam! I think they have also got another site called dvdhouse

I paid for Lion King DVD which to date has still not arrived. Wished I had seen this site first. E-mailed them several times, no response whatsoever. Definitely DO NOT use this company. Someone somewhere is making a lot of money and leaving a lot of people and grandchildren very unhappy.....

Just recieved frozen and sleeping beauty both clearly fake! Raised a claim through paypal as i doubt i will get a reply from them. Avoild

Same here. No delivery after 3 weeks. No replies to emails and have now read lots of reports all their disks are fakes.

Do not order DVDs from dvdworduk.co.uk. Just been delivered "Frozen" clearly a fake DVD before I even opened the wrapper, then the whole sound track was in a foreign language.... English subtitles... which are useless for a child.... buy from Amazon or Tesco.

AVOID......FAUX RIP OFF COPIES....emailed the so called company several times...no reply....complete faux copies from Thailand ordered The Lion King...... tried it for the first 10 mins and so far working but for how long is anyone's guess....we learn from our mistakes .....order from Amazon Tescos etc......

So cut to the chase, should I or should I not buy from these people.......................

I have also ordered from this company and had not realised until now that they weren't uk based. Nothing on their website indicates that they are not british and the website being a .co.uk leads you to believe they are based here, which is why I used them.
I too am waiting for DVDs and have had an email to say they have been dispatched and could take up to 2 weeks, which raised my suspicions.
Will await delivery, but by the looks of previous posts, looks like I will be disappointed with priate copies.
I too have paid by paypal so will take it up with them.
If I'd seen this site beforehand or realised where they were coming from in first place I would never have used them.

Steer well clear of this site! I ordered two copies of Frozen and one copy of the Lion King thinking this was a UK site! Three weeks later only one copy of Frozen and the Lego Movie arrived from Thailand, both clearly fake copies. I raised a dispute via PayPal and they have replied saying I'd need to return the goods via a tracked service to Thailand to receive a refund!! The postage alone will cost another £10. Think I might cut my losses!!

Quick Update... I spoke to PayPal directly this morning and explained my issue with returning the fake DVDs to Thailand, the good news is that they have agreed to refund the full amount without the need to return the DVDs. Excellent customer service from PayPal and worth ringing them if you paid using PayPal.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. Like previous posts, i've been caught with Frozen - from thailand and incompatible with Uk systems Keep away!!!!

Omg why did I not see this sooner?? I've been waiting for my delivery of frozen since 11th of August and tried to email them today but I got interrupted so tried again later and I couldn't even find the bloody site, hence why I just came across this!! So angry right now, will phone PayPal in the morning me thinks was so looking forward to watching this with my little ones!! Wish I'd gone to a Amazon!

I too got scammed buying Frozen; the packaging is in nonsense-English and the disc extras don't work. So **** off

Do not use this company!! I ordered a few DVDs back in July for birthday gifts and still waiting for them now ...November! Didn't realise that they had already taken my money though from my card. I too thought they were UK based. Hopefully will still be able to sort out but would not recommend using them at all. I will stick with Amazon from now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!77
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…1111
    3. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition76881
    4. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23

See more discussions