Expired

Has anyone bought from skywatches.com.sg?

Found 17th Nov 2014
I was wondering if anyone has bought from skywatches.com.sg? I have no doubt they are a legitimate business as they are authorised dealers for the brands they sell and they have a physical store in Singapore. Also I read mostly positive things about them on forums.watchuseek.com.

However, I'm wondering if anyone has bought from them and if they incurred import duty and VAT? Their competitor Creation Watches also in Singapore always mark the value as $20 on the customs form. But they aren't authorised dealers for anything they sell.

Many thanks!
Community Updates
AskSky
3 Comments
I have not bought from this particular company but I have bought watches from other overseas companies.

A lot will depend how the company fills out the customs declaration but even then Customs can and do make their own mind up.

Bit of pot luck.

If you can have them send the box separately you are more likely to get it through unmolested.
Stay away!!! I ordered a watch from them, never received a shipping confirmation or tracking number. They billed my credit card and I never received the watch. Tried calling, no answer. Tried emailing, it took two days for them to reply in bad English that my oder never went through and had been cancelled. Took it up with my credit card company and they confirmed that SKYWATCHS.COM billed my card. The question is, is it really bad incompetent service or out right fraud.
I've had the watches bought by Creation and Sky Watches inspected by a local watchmaker. He said on all 6 of them apart from one, the jewels were very dry and the main spring were slack. The reason being that they had been in stock sat on a shelf for years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants